:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

any feedback about using ziploc as a way on storing some of my j's? what i do is i use ziploc and put some silica gel.. then twice a month a removed someof my j's from the ziploc for a day... any feedback guys..thanks!

how do i clean this part of my XIV's?
aom2s0.jpg

the outline part.
(shoes in picture are not mine)
i have the same pair and that part isnt cleaning.
please PM me if you know the solution.

Originally Posted by BabyMJ

what should i use to make the print on retro fire red 3s lighter like OGs?

use some nail polish remover on a wet/damp towel and rub against it.

So I read all through the first post and still a little confused on whether it is a good idea or not to store shoes in ziplock bags?

Blackmamba, I would stay away from the Ziploc bags... All thest silica packets and bags just dry out the shoes and do more damage than good. Yellowing is goingto happen; however, if you bag them and use silica it will dry out the shoe so much that it will crack. The materials on your shoes need some kind of moisture.Just make sure you keep them out of direct sunlight and you should be fine.

imcomet

Originally Posted by imcomet

Blackmamba, I would stay away from the Ziploc bags... All thest silica packets and bags just dry out the shoes and do more damage than good. Yellowing is going to happen; however, if you bag them and use silica it will dry out the shoe so much that it will crack. The materials on your shoes need some kind of moisture. Just make sure you keep them out of direct sunlight and you should be fine.

imcomet

Thanks Man!!!
glasses.gif

someone tell me ... I have a pair of XI Concords DS ... I have had then for some time now ... they still are ICY but not like they use to be .. I have in aplastic bag inside there box with 1 silica pack in the box .... Is the best way to keep them stocked ... thank you ....

Originally Posted by authentic727

I was just wondering which site is safe to purchase Seaglow? Tap Plastics or Island Girl main page? Where has everyone else bought it from, thanks.
I would say " Tap Plastics " that store is down the street from my house .....

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Originally Posted by authentic727

I was just wondering which site is safe to purchase Seaglow? Tap Plastics or Island Girl main page? Where has everyone else bought it from, thanks.
I would say " Tap Plastics " that store is down the street from my house .....

koo, im bout to cop come seaglow
pimp.gif

Has anyone's allstar 23's have a slightly yellowed tongue? the tongues with the jumpman and 23 enclosed by a circle are a little bit yellowed in mypair. got the same problem?

Originally Posted by fiendxxx

how do i clean this part of my XIV's?
aom2s0.jpg

the outline part.
(shoes in picture are not mine)
i have the same pair and that part isnt cleaning.
please PM me if you know the solution.

I use Jason Markk Cleaner
But a magic eraser would probably work also

Originally Posted by Kid LeBron

for all who need Bar Keepers Friend....

i saw some at bed, Bath, and BEYOND for 3.99 + they allways have 20% off coupons floating around- nice size bottle too.

i just copped some bar keepers friend at BBB for my '01 retro concords...might i say the mesh has whiten significantly
pimp.gif

next step is the sea glow, will post pics after restoration completion
smokin.gif

Hey guys for bar keeper's friend do you pick up liquid or powder or does it matter? Also usage do you just dilute and wipe get a damp cloth and just wipe?

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Hey guys for bar keeper's friend do you pick up liquid or powder or does it matter? Also usage do you just dilute and wipe get a damp cloth and just wipe?

what he said. i heard chernabog say that the bar keeper's friend only makes the mesh look dull, not shiny like they come. but i dont care, i just wantmy damn mesh white.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I FOUND AN AMAZING SCUFF REMOVER!!!!!!! ITS CALLED (DYO SPOT REMOVER) AND I USED IT AFTER I BALLED IN MY GOLD STEALTHXX3s.... AFTER I BALLED I HAD BLACK SCUFFS ON THE PATENT TOE AND ON THE CLEAR PLASTIC PIECE MIDSOLE....... WHAT YOU DO IS PUT SOME ON A TOWEL AND RUB KIND OFHARD AND THE SCUFFS CAME RIGHT OFF!!!!!
smile.gif

You boys are going to be dissapointed when you use seaglow, might as well be walking on ice.

Originally Posted by rawtune

So seaglow makes the soles slippery or something?

When I used SG, it actually made my soles sticky if I didn't wipe the excess off. I just let them sit out longer in the sun so that it would drycompletely. It took me a couple days though, Seattle sun... It works great though, turned my soles icy.

Originally Posted by zdawgz

Originally Posted by rawtune

So seaglow makes the soles slippery or something?

When I used SG, it actually made my soles sticky if I didn't wipe the excess off. I just let them sit out longer in the sun so that it would dry completely. It took me a couple days though, Seattle sun... It works great though, turned my soles icy.

Yea the stickiness is the problem. They pick up dust and dirt which makes them slippery. I've used it on about 5 pair and although there was decentresults it's just not worth it. And if you think your going to change piss yellow soles to icey you can forget it.

Back
Top Bottom