:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Here is the iron method, don't do this a lot.

1. Stuff the shoe with rags, or newspaper, whatever. just make sure it's packed up so you cant push the toe box in
  2. Get a rag and wet it, rub the wet rag across the toe box then lay the rag across it
  3. Turn on your iron, let it heat up
  4. Iron the toe box with the rag on top until the crease is gone.
  5. Keep the shoe stuffed until it cools and drys
  6. Buy some sneakershields to wear them with to prevent future creasing
found it , these shouldnt damage the toebox of the bred 4's correct ?

Not the first time, after you do it 6-7 times it will begging to effect the shoe.

We put the Iron on low right, I remember someone putting it on high and having some burnt *** test shoes. 
I did this method on my T19's and it definitely helped remedy my creasing. I used one of my white hanes tshirts and kept that damp while I ironed out the creases. for anyone that tries this method, DO NOT let your rag or tshirt dry out which will cause the iron to burn. Keep a close eye on the dampness while you iron. 

Any tips on how to repair the cracking on 2013 black/red/cement???

Overcoat protector?

margic marker?

Any help will be appreciated

Any tips on how to repair the cracking on 2013 black/red/cement

post a picture but if it's like most cracks you need to strip all the paint then repaint. to get the longest lasting paint job and best looking however if you're too lazy just do a touch up and clear overcoat but post a picture so we can give you the best advice

Last edited:
@johnandrews how did you fix that leather? I've always needed to do it
eek.gif

^ you would use acetone in a small amount to remove that, but that would strip the paint. Try a q-tip with some soap and water and just scrub it back and forth
I stripped the existing paint and repainted the whole entire leather upper. They look tremendously better now.

I recently bought a pair of Air Jordan 5 Retro Fire Reds and i want to know how to avoid creasing them because they look like they easily crease. And if they do crease how can you take creases out?
Also to help keep the creases out you can stuff the toeboxes with paper bags for a day or two. It should help remove some

I stripped the existing paint and repainted the whole entire leather upper. They look tremendously better now.
Do you use regular white Angleus acrylic? Or the white leather paint?

and he's my progress after one 8 hour session

Last edited:
I had a question about cleaning my OG Jordan black 15's....the plastic heel portion and the little plastic strip on the toe has become a oxidized greyish color instead of the obvious black plastic that it is, is there any way to bring it back to life? I've tried using normal shoe cleaners and all they do is just clean it and it temporarily looks shiny and new while its wet until it dries. Also what can I use for the lace loops on the mesh tongue, they're kinda dirty looking even after using the same cleaners on it. Thanks for any help.

1995 Charlotte Hornets 10 Complete restoration: I renewed the leather and conditioned it, took off the whole sole and reglued, renewed the rubber sole on the bottom, deep cleaned the insoles, and removed the fraying on the laces

Thanks Sir, 

Still working some minor details out but i couldn't help to post it now. This is my first time completely repainting the whole upper. I made sure the leather wasn't shiny, but factory matte white.

Thanks Sir, 

Still working some minor details out but i couldn't help to post it now. This is my first time completely repainting the whole upper. I made sure the leather wasn't shiny, but factory matte white.

So are they wearable? Or would the paint chip off when you wear them?

The paint? Theyre definitely wearable. Ive been bending, stretching, and intentionally creasing the leather. I used leather paint after all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I'm new to the site but I have lurked on the sneaker care thread for a while now.

Today I bought some 2011 bc3 for 100 dollars they aren't to bad but I wanted this to be my first project. What I really need to know is what should I do and how to get started
[/IMG]

Nters help!!!!

Is there anyone who has experience cleaning the wc4 netting, the problem is not that its dirty i belive its a jean stain. I tried rubbing achol, oxy carpet cleaner, dish soap. I was thinking of trying clorox but thought about it and not worth the risk.

Any help is appreciated

Back
Top Bottom