:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I'm new to the site but I have lurked on the sneaker care thread for a while now.

Today I bought some 2011 bc3 for 100 dollars they aren't to bad but I wanted this to be my first project. What I really need to know is what should I do and how to get started [/quote]
The first thing to do is repaint this: 

[img]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/273586/width/200/height/400/flags/LL

You should get some Acetone on a cotton swap and go at that soleish area (remember to tape off the sole and midsole) take all of it off to get an even look for the whole shoe. Or you can just Acetone the part that's chipping the most and repaint the whole shoe at a later time. Then get some Angelu's (just plain old white) paint and repaint that area. Use small strokes going in one direction or paint it how you want to get the white paint to look as you wish. Also some people put on overcoats or finishes. Do that if you want but the first two steps are pretty much the minimum to get that looking like new. 

Thank
The first thing to do is repaint this: 
LL

You should get some Acetone on a cotton swap and go at that soleish area (remember to tape off the sole and midsole) take all of it off to get an even look for the whole shoe. Or you can just Acetone the part that's chipping the most and repaint the whole shoe at a later time. Then get some Angelu's (just plain old white) paint and repaint that area. Use small strokes going in one direction or paint it how you want to get the white paint to look as you wish. Also some people put on overcoats or finishes. Do that if you want but the first two steps are pretty much the minimum to get that looking like new. 
thanks but how can I clean the cement print and and get those horrendous creases out

How do I clean the cement print its very dirty?

Soap and warm water. Scrub with a tooth brush. Never fails. Make sure you wipe off the little bubble clouds that form.:lol:

Nters help!!!!

Is there anyone who has experience cleaning the wc4 netting, the problem is not that its dirty i belive its a jean stain. I tried rubbing achol, oxy carpet cleaner, dish soap. I was thinking of trying clorox but thought about it and not worth the risk.

Any help is appreciated

Nope you used all the wrong things my man. RIT whitner and brightener. Find it at your local Walmart or wherever.

just remembered my chi 1's have red dye on the jumpman tag and sock lining , how to remove ?

I clean the bottom of my icy soles. But does anyone know if that prevents it from yellowing or is it a myth. By the way i use oxy and a tooth brush then i clean it dry then go at it with the blow dryer on cool.

just remembered my chi 1's have red dye on the jumpman tag and sock lining , how to remove ?

A lot of different things you could try.

I would use RIT dye remover but that's some really powerful stuff and if you don't know what you're doing you'll ruin them, so try nail polish remover.l

I clean the bottom of my icy soles. But does anyone know if that prevents it from yellowing or is it a myth. By the way i use oxy and a tooth brush then i clean it dry then go at it with the blow dryer on cool.

Use a super degreasing dish soap with some warm water. It will get all the grease and grime off your soles and delay yellowing as long as you dry them completely after brushing them.

Thank
thanks but how can I clean the cement print and and get those horrendous creases out
For Creases (Courtesy of Sir Charles):

Here is the iron method, don't do this a lot.
  1. Stuff the shoe with rags, or newspaper, whatever. just make sure it's packed up so you cant push the toe box in
  2. Get a rag and wet it, rub the wet rag across the toe box then lay the rag across it
  3. Turn on your iron, let it heat up
  4. Iron the toe box with the rag on top until the crease is gone.
  5. Keep the shoe stuffed until it cools and drys
  6. Buy some sneakershields to wear them with to prevent future creasing

^^^ since it's leather be careful tho , dont wanna cook them BC3's lmao

On tumbled leather it's a no no :lol: it will take all of the texture out of the leather.

There is little hope for tumbled leather kicks except to overstuff the toe box and get it wet

My speckles need a lot of work lol. Im only showing the better looking side LOL

Those look good dude! I've been thinkin about doing mine for a while but the speckles always scare me away from doing it. I've done my cdp bred 4s a couple times and its been perfect but those black dots... Could be a disaster. Urs came out decent tho don't trip

^ Those look official
pimp.gif
. Let's see the bad side
laugh.gif
nooooooooooooooooooooo LOL
Those look good dude! I've been thinkin about doing mine for a while but the speckles always scare me away from doing it. I've done my cdp bred 4s a couple times and its been perfect but those black dots... Could be a disaster. Urs came out decent tho don't trip
this was my first time doing speckles. i had a little practice on paper

nooooooooooooooooooooo LOL

this was my first time doing speckles. i had a little practice on paper
Dawg you pretty good. You only think your bad because you did, in factories I'm pretty sure people paint the speckles. That why sometimes you can find some B-Grades with some crazy specklage

Back
Top Bottom