:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I painted a pair of 2001 cement 3....did a bad job on it :\

sadface.gif

Lets see the results :frown:

:\

That's not bad fam, you just need to get a little better with those shape ups.

You could just strip the paint and start over.

For repainting varsity red 6s is it safe to put painters tape on the nubuck or will it damage it?
It's safe.

I'd suggest you find some forgers tape though, less bleeding.
Painter tape "blue" is not for bleed thru, it's for easy removal with out damages the paint. You will need something that clearly says it prevents bleeding. Just to be sure, but it's really up to you.

Not sure if already covered, but my '05 Flints are stained pretty bad from the bleeding flint material.. Anyone found a resolution for this?

It looks worse in person. Don't mind the two tone flint material.. It's just wet from me attempting to clean them..

Sorry if this has been answered before but whats the best way to clean the sock liner of white shoes? For example my WC3s need some cleaning of the sock liner but not sure how i should approach it.

Retro brite the pods ^

You may have to repaint the leather on the toe box for the rest though.

Sorry if this has been answered before but whats the best way to clean the sock liner of white shoes? For example my WC3s need some cleaning of the sock liner but not sure how i should approach it.

Oxy clean, warm water, a toothbrush.

Not sure if already covered, but my '05 Flints are stained pretty bad from the bleeding flint material.. Anyone found a resolution for this?

It looks worse in person. Don't mind the two tone flint material.. It's just wet from me attempting to clean them..

i use angelkus white paint and just paint them up! then they will look brand new

i use angelkus white paint and just paint them up! then they will look brand new

No don't use "angelkus" paint to just paint them up. That's a terrible idea.

Retrobrite the pods, which are made of rubber. Angelous paint is for leather and of you paint the pods you'll get a big disaster.

No don't use "angelkus" paint to just paint them up. That's a terrible idea.

Retrobrite the pods, which are made of rubber. Angelous paint is for leather and of you paint the pods you'll get a big disaster.

What do you recommend for the midsoles? The paint cracked bad

You seem to want to paint a pair of 3s,

That is when you want to use Angelous paint.

Yea I want to paint the midsoles on the cement 3's. the black and white part. So the Angelus paint is the way to go for good results? Thanks for the help man

You seem to want to paint a pair of 3s,

That is when you want to use Angelous paint.

Yea I want to paint the midsoles on the cement 3's. the black and white part. So the Angelus paint is the way to go for good results? Thanks for the help man

Strip the existing paint on your midsoles with acetone, don't use a lot just dab it with a price of Cotton and the chip away,

Then apply the paint to your midsoles.

Strip the existing paint on your midsoles with acetone, don't use a lot just dab it with a price of Cotton and the chip away,

Then apply the paint to your midsoles.

One last question for the rubber part in the front it's white but turning yellow any ideas? Appreciate the help

Painting anything on these 13's is out of the question.. I will try this retrobrite stuff. Hope it doesn't do damage.

It's safe.

I'd suggest you find some forgers tape though, less bleeding.

What do you mean bleeding will angelus paint leak through the tape??

If you use regular blue painters tape there is a possibility of bleeding. Forgers tape is a better choice.

Painting anything on these 13's is out of the question.. I will try this retrobrite stuff. Hope it doesn't do damage.

Retrobrite can't really do any damage to the pods, but make sure you tape off the grey material. You can use paint but only n the leather toe box where the bleeding has occurred as well.

About to make my first order of Jason Markk. If I'm mainly using it on Jordan 1, 3, 5, 6, and 11, all of which are 'premium' leather except 5 and 11, do you guys recommend I purchase their Premium shoe cleaning brush?

Thanks

These were way worse than pics show, scuffs all over the leather & extremely dirty. Deep cleaned in & out including laces & insoles, decreased, deoxidized midsoles, touched up many scuffs, whitened tongue tabs.

Picking up a new hobby in restoring shoes. This forum has helped a lot, so thanks to everyone who gives out info.

I just have a quick question. Does retrobrite only work for white/clear soles? or can I apply it to soles that are for example red or black and are getting faded/ashy looking?

Also what materials should you avoid putting retrobrite on?

Is the angelkus paint good for all shoes like the 3's?

i love the know it alls in here, i know its meant for leather but is pliable so it works perfect on rubber and midsoles so yes u can use it on 3s and yes it works on the PODS of the 13s, i have my flints painted and they look brand new and i have worn them as well, plus using retrobrite to make them white again is very risky because you could accidentally get the sauce on the suede and ruin it or get it on anything it will leave marks and the heat of doing the sauce might seperate the entire shoe and become a problem later on. so with that being said paint the shoes and enjoy them looking fresh

Is there anything I can pick up at the store to help clear the soles of my Space Jam's? I know there is retro bright, the sauce, sea glow etc. but the yellowing isn't too bad I was wondering if I could get something today in hand to touch it up a bit? 

Back
Top Bottom