:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any advice on swapping a AJ1 Mid tongue with a Dunk High tongue? I want to swap the white tongue on my CDP 1 to a black tongue from my Dunk High.

Is there a suede dye I can use on my wolf greys? Tried to clean them up and messed them up beyond imaginable.

What's a good super glue that dries clear? My "I" fell off my nike air & I'm gonna reglue it so what's the best glue to do it?

What's a good super glue that dries clear? My "I" fell off my nike air & I'm gonna reglue it so what's the best glue to do it?

E6000 will do. It's not instant dry. Super glue will leave the chemical burns white residues.

Looks like your sole fell off too man
Haha you're telling me man, I'm getting my dub zero donors tomorrow & I have my barge and paint ready so I can finally swap these bad boys
Yea thats freshh man. Respect the skill and timing put in to that kind of work. You guys got me wanting to sole swap 2 of my Vans I was thinking of passing on, just to say I can do it.

so i got these foams and there was a tear on this part, how do i fix it? should it be stiched? have signs of nubuck crack too.

so i got these foams and there was a tear on this part, how do i fix it? should it be stiched? have signs of nubuck crack too.

I saw those on eBay and was about to bid until I saw the crack/cut. Overall good shoes though. Might just have to live with it

Okay was so happy when I spilt my doners but now I'm sad because they don't fit the outsole :frown: what can I do? The 4s are 8.5 and the donors are 8. Someone told me size down .5 to get a perfect fit what can I do? I was thinking of stretching the midsole while glueing to try to fit it on

Okay was so happy when I spilt my doners but now I'm sad because they don't fit the outsole :frown: what can I do? The 4s are 8.5 and the donors are 8. Someone told me size down .5 to get a perfect fit what can I do? I was thinking of stretching the midsole while glueing to try to fit it on
Idk man that's not going to look right, you might want to hunt down that 8.5

I repainted my bred 4s but now I have a problem finding out how to give them that matte finish , they're way too glossy as of now , any suggestions ???

Does anyone know the best way to strip a midsole? I've heard of acetone and using a nail filer
I use nail filer, sometimes the back of the xacto knife with moderate pressure to the midsole. It gives a better/clean look without risking getting acetone to the upper.

Anybody have any recommendations for a completely failed restore. About 2 or 3 years ago, I tried Barkeepers Helper or Bartenders Helper (whatever it was called) to whiten up the yellowed parts of the shoe. HUGE MISTAKE! Basically the black from the inside bled through and now I'm left with this. I've read a little about RIT or WRIT, but didn't know if I should go that way or if these are possibly even beyond repair.

Anybody have any recommendations for a completely failed restore. About 2 or 3 years ago, I tried Barkeepers Helper or Bartenders Helper (whatever it was called) to whiten up the yellowed parts of the shoe. HUGE MISTAKE! Basically the black from the inside bled through and now I'm left with this. I've read a little about RIT or WRIT, but didn't know if I should go that way or if these are possibly even beyond repair.
Holy **** good luck man. I'd give RIT a try but these shoes look like they belong in a ER.

Wondering best way to keep patent leather clean and in good condition when cleaning it. Also should I waterproof my Fire Red 3's?

Wondering best way to keep patent leather clean and in good condition when cleaning it. Also should I waterproof my Fire Red 3's?
For patent leather good ol' soap and tooth brush but somewhre back in the forum I think someone mentioned something that made patent leather shine really nicely

As for fire red 3's I dont see a purpose, water will not discolor leather unlike it owuld to nubuck/suede and fire red 3's only worry is if paints chipping.

Back
Top Bottom