:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Air Yeezy II Full Restoration:

I think the term " Wear your kicks " was used in a broader spectrum. Nevertheless, here's another restore from yours local neighborhood restorer.

A full midsole repaint, sole clear, deep clean, and a little prayer was performed. I don't know if it's noticeable but the suede was torn. I was able to salvage what was left and patch it up the best I could. 

Follow the team:

@airlegends  
@johnandrew00 

Currently overbooked! I am not accepting anymore sole swaps. Only Full sole reglues for $90

My email is manalorestorations@gmail.com

Shoutsout to GeneTheMarine, pointed me to a tutorial and I found out to try EVA foam.
I bought it, anyway when attaching it could I use gorilla glue?
Shoe goo seems annoying to get.

@johnandrew07 great job on those yeezys, they look 10 times better. I don't know why someone would do that to such an expensive shoe, my beaters don't even look that bad. There is a difference between wearing your shoes and abusing them lol.

Shoutsout to GeneTheMarine, pointed me to a tutorial and I found out to try EVA foam.

I bought it, anyway when attaching it could I use gorilla glue?

Shoe goo seems annoying to get.
I talked to someone who replaced the backtabs on 01 bc3s, and he used eva foam aswell. I've never tried it tho. You could probably use about any kind of glue, but I would think barge cement, E6000, super glue, or just about anything else would work.

I talked to someone who replaced the backtabs on 01 bc3s, and he used eva foam aswell. I've never tried it tho. You could probably use about any kind of glue, but I would think barge cement, E6000, super glue, or just about anything else would work.
Super glue is gorilla glues offspring basically so I think gorilla glue would work.
I'm just being cheap and don't feel like buying a whole tube of barge.

Anyones Lebron 9 elites carbon fiber look dull? I'm guessing I could just use wax, but wasn't sure if this was a common thing.

When it comes to the problem of paint cracking and chipping on J's like the III's and IV's, has anyone ever tried to put a couple more layers of paint on them before you UDS them?
I always thought this might at least make them last longer before they chip. But I've never got around to trying it.

okay so update on my swap I finally swapped them thanks for anybody who was on the journey for my first swap lmao but I need help I'm going to repaint the shoe but how do I get the grey right on the midsole to match the nike air & wings? anybody who swapped the 1999 wc4 please help I want to perfect this color

When it comes to the problem of paint cracking and chipping on J's like the III's and IV's, has anyone ever tried to put a couple more layers of paint on them before you UDS them?
I always thought this might at least make them last longer before they chip. But I've never got around to trying it.
I could be wrong, but i think that would make them chip faster. The reason that the new midsoles crack is because they are painted using acrylic paint. The midsoles on IIIs and IVs made prior to '04 look like they are dyed, while the new midsoles have an obvious layer of paint on them.

I'm no expert, but would it really help?  It seems that if the underneath cracks it will weaken the layers on top causing then to crack as well.

okay so update on my swap I finally swapped them thanks for anybody who was on the journey for my first swap lmao but I need help I'm going to repaint the shoe but how do I get the grey right on the midsole to match the nike air & wings? anybody who swapped the 1999 wc4 please help I want to perfect this color
Did you get that pair of donors apart that you were dipping in the boiling water?

The best thing i can recommend with the paint is to buy angelus cement grey, angelus black, and angelus white and start mixing. I know there is a paint made for the newer (2012) cement IVs, but I've never seen pre-mixed paint for '99s

I could be wrong, but i think that would make them chip faster. The reason that the new midsoles crack is because they are painted using acrylic paint. The midsoles on IIIs and IVs made prior to '04 look like they are dyed, while the new midsoles have an obvious layer of paint on them.

Yeah I know all that, I just figured an extra layer of paint would help the paint last longer before cracking. I don't see how it would make it crack faster. So when people repaint midsoles on shoes that have cracked and chipped, the new paint cracks just as fast as the original paint? I'd think better quality paint and more layers would last longer.

Yeah I know all that, I just figured an extra layer of paint would help the paint last longer before cracking. I don't see how it would make it crack faster. So when people repaint midsoles on shoes that have cracked and chipped, the new paint cracks just as fast as the original paint? I'd think better quality paint and more layers would last longer.
You might be right, ive never tried that or even thought of it. From my experience, angelus paint lasts about the same as factory paint, maybe a little longer. I think it also depends on what shoe we are talking about. The 2006 military 4s and CDP cement 4s both cracked very quickly, while other shoes might last longer.

You might be right, ive never tried that or even thought of it. From my experience, angelus paint lasts about the same as factory paint, maybe a little longer. I think it also depends on what shoe we are talking about. The 2006 military 4s and CDP cement 4s both cracked very quickly, while other shoes might last longer.

So your saying it's the specific shoe that makes the paint chip faster? It's the material the shoe was made from not just crappy paint being used? I thought it was just cheep paint used on them. If I used the best quality paint on the CDP IV's they would still chip just as fast?

Did you get that pair of donors apart that you were dipping in the boiling water?

The best thing i can recommend with the paint is to buy angelus cement grey, angelus black, and angelus white and start mixing. I know there is a paint made for the newer (2012) cement IVs, but I've never seen pre-mixed paint for '99s
i actually stopped doing the boiling water method and went straight to the heat gun it was much easier but it was longer but it was easier. I am just trying to find the perfect paint combo

So your saying it's the specific shoe that makes the paint chip faster? It's the material the shoe was made from not just crappy paint being used? I thought it was just cheep paint used on them. If I used the best quality paint on the CDP IV's they would still chip just as fast?
Yea, its a combination of the paint quality and the materials that the midsoles are made of. the older midsoles felt a little bit softer and more porous, but the newer midsoles are harder. I guess the paint doesn't adhere to the midsoles well, so it flakes off and chips.

Opinions on the 2013 playoff 8's Crease Prevention??? I heard the paint chips..I need to keep them well maintained,and how do i clean Retro 2 NC Blue.

i just got these, i never had the playoff 12 b4. so can anyone tell me if the playoff 12 supposed to have like an off white sole compare to the bright white leather snakeskin on the skin?? and is there in fixing this ?? it look like its yellowing or something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom