:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

i use to FTL sneaker protector water proofer on all my suede shoes and applied it evenly like directions stated.i quit using it because i felt like it made the suede look like crap & doubt if it really water proofed my sneakers.well anyways my question is there any products that don't change the appearance of suede and actually water proofs/protects from staining?any info would Be Greatly Appreciated Thanks!
I use Sof Sole Water Proofer from FNL.  Haven't had any issues with it changing the suede and it has worked for me.

So questions still interesring :

And how to paint details? I'm using airbrush in general, but it's hard to get for example red nike air logo on air max 1 ( it's made form cotton thread or something) .

I want to have all black with red logo but when I'm putting there paint, it is going out of from the logo and damaging the black materiał around it :frown:

How to paint it? How to paint DIRECTLY and only the logo?

I have my OG V metallics but I want to use suede dye to renovate them. How at apply it to AVOID getting on 23 number on the side? It is white and I don't want it to be black. How to do it good? In the 23 u have the suede in the spaces of the numbers and how to paint it without reaching the 23 number?

Thanks for help!

I use Sof Sole Water Proofer from FNL.  Haven't had any issues with it changing the suede and it has worked for me.

I use this too and haven't seen any issues with suede changing. Jason Markk just released a waterproofer and I'm curious how well it works.

I live in southern California, so do you know anyplace around LA that know how to fix this?
IG: wallychamp15

mainly does customs and full restorations though

im sure you could find dudes who can help you  in local fb groups

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with repainting aged leather? I have OG white/red 12s and 2000 midnight 6s on the way. Both aren't as white as they once were. The 12s have scuffs and paint missing from the mud guard and toes. Can rit be used on the leather after a good cleaning? Any tips?

^great job, i searched this thread but i couldnt find any good way to reglue the midsole to the shoe on my 2000 jams, can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know the best way/ steps to doing this to get the best seem? anything will be greatly appreciated.

I NEED HELP JB FAM  
frown.gif

My infrared23 6's are shot... I've only rocked them about 5 times or so and the inner ankle portion has some serious paint chipping. Sucks because it's getting worse with every wear.

I'm not sure what to do because I'm not experienced with repainting and plus I don't even know how to recreate the infrared 23 color
embarassed.gif

For those wondering I didn't even do any vigorous activities while rocking em... Smh JB.

^great job, i searched this thread but i couldnt find any good way to reglue the midsole to the shoe on my 2000 jams, can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know the best way/ steps to doing this to get the best seem? anything will be greatly appreciated.
Different vids on different types/severity of seperation:

I NEED HELP JB FAM  
frown.gif

My infrared23 6's are shot... I've only rocked them about 5 times or so and the inner ankle portion has some serious paint chipping. Sucks because it's getting worse with every wear.

I'm not sure what to do because I'm not experienced with repainting and plus I don't even know how to recreate the infrared 23 color
embarassed.gif

For those wondering I didn't even do any vigorous activities while rocking em... Smh JB.
That sucks dude. Only thing you can do is repaint them. It's not hard don't worry.

I'm not too sure which infrared paint it is, but here are the two pre-made options by Angelusdirect.com

http://angelusdirect.com/products/collector-edition-infrared-2014

http://angelusdirect.com/products/collector-edition-infrared

If neither paints are completely correct in person, you can alter the paint colors to your liking by adding RED to darken and adding white to lighten.

Now when you actually paint it, instead of using a brush, I would use a cotton swab.

Different shoe, but apply a similar concept for painting: (starts at 5:00)

Last edited:
That sucks dude. Only thing you can do is repaint them. It's not hard don't worry.

I'm not too sure which infrared paint it is, but here are the two pre-made options by Angelusdirect.com

http://angelusdirect.com/products/collector-edition-infrared-2014

http://angelusdirect.com/products/collector-edition-infrared

If neither paints are completely correct in person, you can alter the paint colors to your liking by adding RED to darken and adding white to lighten.

Now when you actually paint it, instead of using a brush, I would use a cotton swab.

Different shoe, but apply a similar concept for painting: (starts at 5:00)

I know man 
frown.gif
. Which infrared color is recommended to use from the ones you posted? And also, I should be adding white/red to that paint once it comes in to better match the color? 

Has anyone ever had to recreate the infrared 23 color in here?

Thanks for your help bro.

I know man 
frown.gif
. Which infrared color is recommended to use from the ones you posted? And also, I should be adding white/red to that paint once it comes in to better match the color? 

Has anyone ever had to recreate the infrared 23 color in here?

Thanks for your help bro.
Of the two, I don't know which one to choose from that exactly matches the Infrared 23 color. I've never messed with that color. If you don't get an answer from anyone, what I would recommend you do is buy one of the two (I think the 2014 paint is closer, which is the infrared on the 2014 white/black infrared 6's, the other infrared paint looks like it's for the varsity red 6's) and mix the paint around to find the exact color.

For you, use RED to darken and WHITE to lighten. Mix it by pouring some of the original paint into a spare bottle and then add either RED or WHITE depending on if you need to darken or lighten to make the Infrared 23 paint.

Example on how to mix paint: (this is for the OG infrared paint and was only useful before Angelus made the infrared paint, now we can buy it pre-made)

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with repainting aged leather? I have OG white/red 12s and 2000 midnight 6s on the way. Both aren't as white as they once were. The 12s have scuffs and paint missing from the mud guard and toes. Can rit be used on the leather after a good cleaning? Any tips?
Pictures would definitely help.

I've seen RIT used on leather, but from what I know, only the powdered version seems to work (don't know why that is). I've tried the bottled liquid version and it just yellowed my shoes. RIT is to cure the oxidation. There's a vid on how to do it for leather, but I can't seem to find it, but I've posted that vid numerous times in here probably about 5-30 pages back lol. It should be somewhere in there if you want to look.

You could also repaint the leather..

Different, shoe but apply a similar concept to scuffs/chipping around the shoe.

Word I see what you're saying. Once I think I have the paint, I'm just worried when I try applying it, it won't match properly.

Also, would I need to use acetone or something to remove access paint? Or since it's already off I can just apply it?
You can just look at the paint and compare it before even applying. The paint in the bottle should look  extremely similar to how the paint on the shoe already looks. Just dab some of the paint on a white piece of paper and put it next to the shoe to compare or something like that. In this case, no need for acetone or stripping of any paint. Just simply apply it.

Last edited:

You can just look at the paint and compare it before even applying. The paint in the bottle should look  extremely similar to how the paint on the shoe already looks. Just dab some of the paint on a white piece of paper and put it next to the shoe to compare or something like that. In this case, no need for acetone or stripping of any paint. Just simply apply it.
Word, appreciate the help. 

Anyone have experience with old 11s?
In this case I bought a pair of 2000 space jams. Very clean but I think the owner stored with silica packs. They have some separation but I haven't completely separated them yet.
Anyways; I turned the shoe upside down and all these little flakes came out(from the area of midsole separation). At first I thought it was just glue but I'm pretty sure it's the air unit that has disintegrated. Do I just reglue and rock them like that or replace the air unit ?

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with old 11s?
In this case I bought a pair of 2000 space jams. Very clean but I think the owner stored with silica packs. They have some separation but I haven't completely separated them yet.
Anyways; I turned the shoe upside down and all these little flakes came out(from the area of midsole separation). At first I thought it was just glue but I'm pretty sure it's the air unit that has disintegrated. Do I just reglue and rock them like that or replace the air unit ?
if the entire unit is cracked and crumbling i would find an insole that is the same thickness and glue that in its place before regluing the midsole to the uppers, it could probably be a little thicker if you want more comfort but too much might start to feel uncomfortable after a while

if the entire unit is cracked and crumbling i would find an insole that is the same thickness and glue that in its place before regluing the midsole to the uppers, it could probably be a little thicker if you want more comfort but too much might start to feel uncomfortable after a while

Ok cool thanks for that. I have to use like an air unit from a Jordan 11 right? Unless there's another shoe that would fit

Back
Top Bottom