:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

My midsoles on my true blue 3s is bone yellow, what specific product or paint should I use to turn them back to white?

Watsup every1, I just purchased a pair of used white/royal 18s and they were in above average conditions but the first thing i tried to do obviously was toclean them, and wow did i strike gold. I know its listed in Ijapino's big write up on page 1, just wanted to post the pictures, as TO says, the proof is inthe pudding. Armor all "cleaning whipes" works wonders on mid and outer soles, even on leather. I've used magic eraser before especially on mylow all white IIs (which i wear alot with jeans) and it usually does a good job, but when i use magic eraser to clean my bathtub/bathroom/kitchen, i feel itkinds shaves a thin layer off the surface. any1 agree on that theory of how the magic eraser works? also, i've tried general spray cleaners from FL and"sports gel cleaners" from FL and champs etc, and they are ok, but no where near the the results of what i got from these armor all cleaning wipes,especially on mid and outer soles. It also did wonders on this particular situation: the blue threads holding down the leather "square" in the middleof the 18s bled royal blue a little, im sure theres 100x people with this problem out there, these wipes took care of that with ease. I would be interested inseeing what these do to bleeding 13s. All of the pictures have one cleaned shoe and 1 shoe that has not been wiped down with the armor all cleaning wipes.without further ado, my pictures:

Originally Posted by fbi6904

Watsup every1, I just purchased a pair of used white/royal 18s and they were in above average conditions but the first thing i tried to do obviously was to clean them, and wow did i strike gold. I know its listed in Ijapino's big write up on page 1, just wanted to post the pictures, as TO says, the proof is in the pudding. Armor all "cleaning whipes" works wonders on mid and outer soles, even on leather.
eek.gif
Wow, someone who did some reading and cleaned their shoeswithout asking a question. As has been said before, nearly every question asked on here is answered on page 1. The suede is the same on msot shoes. The armorall really does a really nice job on the shoes. I havent really liked the magic eraser. I am pretty sure that is how it works though. It has an abrasive thatsmooths the surface, removing imperfections, ie dirt. Definitely dont use it on 14s. I tried it on my TB IIIs becuase I had no other choice for the sole, andit didnt hurt, didnt help.

I know my opinion really doesnt mean anything but I have always thought that this should be a locked post, and any potential questions would be directed to aMod, and the mod would then decide whether to post it. But upon further thought, it would be a nightmare for Mods reading questions about cleaning potatosalad, and scraped toeboxes. So I guess this will have to do. I always enjoy reading this post to try and find new and helpful cleaning ideas, but hatefiltering through questions about potato salad.

How should I clean the suede on my black/silver 5s? The crappy suede cleaner they sell at footlocker doesnt work at all. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanxin advance

does someone know how to make yellowed patent leather on the all-white xi's white again?
i read all the thread but it isnt mentioned.

thanks in advance
smile.gif

is the "bartenders best friend" for cleaning the mesh of the aj11 the same product for cleaning sinks, ovens or removing rusts? i ask because i wentto the website and that was all i saw. not sure if that is the right stuff to clean the mesh. are there other products to clean the mesh?

There's a spray for darkening suede/nubuck.-bbgunnnn

Has anyone had any luck finding this? I've searched and the only things I find is dyes and sprays for cleaning...Thanks

what kind of paint should i use to cover a scuff on the white upper part of my playoff 12's?

hey i wanna get a pair of OG Ds Xis White/Black/Concords 1995 is there anyway i could make them icy again also i didn't know ur sneakers turn yellowed withpaper i think it just depends because my dmps are still icy and a couple my kicks are still icy and have the tissue paper and i have the silca pack under thetissue paper if anybody could give me heads up good looks one..

Uptown, the only thing you can use to clear up outsoles is seaglow but its not going to make them icy....

Is angulus paint the best thing to touch up midsoles on VI's? Thanks...

yeah but the kicks are fresh there just slightly yellowed there not pissy yellow you could still see the blue shade on the soles

what can you use to get the blue of white leather jordans. the blue is caused by the jeans

Anybody wanna suggest how i should fix these??

The main problem is that there are a couple of scuff marks here nd there...so should i use paint to cover em?
I tried using the white paint for shoes but the paint doesnt really work...

what's good. i aquired a pair of flint xiii's and they have a pink tint to the midsole/pods ( the reason why i sold my pair before. it appears to becoming from the glue . is there any solution to this?

anybody know what store i can get suede shampoo and the suede spray for darkening the black instead of ordering it online...
or should i have to go to a shoe repair shop or something?

Originally Posted by stresseddesserts

what's good. i aquired a pair of flint xiii's and they have a pink tint to the midsole/pods ( the reason why i sold my pair before. it appears to be coming from the glue . is there any solution to this?

I dont think you can clean this pink. You can paint over it though.

Originally Posted by rossh123

what can you use to get the blue of white leather jordans. the blue is caused by the jeans
Your answer is on page 1 towards the bottom of post 1.

I called around since I came up with nothing on internet searching. I found some and it turned out really well. I own a DS pair also and I'd say its a90% match to them except the nubuck chipping on the toes and glue stain from where I resealed the toe. Im gonna be ordering some paint today to hook up themidsoles, I'll post those next week or so. I just called some shoe repair shops for the spray for those looking for it.
The black around the edge of the midsole on the after pics is from a black sharpie from a while back...
Before:

xby4b4.jpg

5nu9s0.jpg

xpvuh3.jpg

After:

24pl1sp.jpg

idghvk.jpg

Hey anybody got that answer for the air max bubbles not fogging up? I did the blowdryer and hotwater method, it really did not do anything...
LMK if you guys got some useful ideas...

anyone know how to fix midsole paint cracks in III's or IV's??? Cracks are not big but i just want to cover them up..

Back
Top Bottom