:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I'm back.

On an EXTREMELY limited basis. Limited meaning my patience is supremely limited this time around. I haven't even bothered checking this thread in probably9 months, because I seriously got tired of answering the same 400 questions over and over again. I am here to guide you in taking care of your shoes, notaddress every single jean stain, coffee spill, sperm stain, chewing gum disaster, and the myriad of other imbecilic questions I got before. I am a resource foryou to take care of your own shoes, not the cure all and do all for every single problem you have. Page ONE is where 99% of you need to go to get questionsanswered. SeedofEvil, if you think this post is worthless, I strongly suggest you burn your shoes, and stay out of my way. I worked for WEEKSputting this post together 2 years ago, for no pay, very little thanks, and a decent amount of appreciation from a good number of people. I am going to workclosely with mds this time around, that smartassed remarks like that that contribute nothing to this post get permanently banned down to the IP address. Theblack toe conversion kit is a matter of simply making up the correct ratio for black paint and acetone, and going to air-jordans.com and comparing the pics. Iused to have that page bookmarked, and thanks to someone in my complex getting a virus, and me getting nailed like the 3 Whores of the Apocolypse, that pagehas disappeared.

I am about to officially give up on the one thing most of us have sworn by for years: Silica packs. I'm getting a sense that we are going the wrongdirection on this. My upstairs closet, dry as a bone, silica in every box, and Damp Rid in there, and humidity literally at 10% or less, and while I'veavoided yellowing, the soles have gone beyond cracking. My 95 Olive Drab IX's crumbled on me out one day back in October, and short of literally hosingeach shoe down in Armor All daily, I think we're going the wrong direction in storing the shoes. I live in the desert, and year round, it's dry here.I'm about to sit down and design a walk in humidor, wall to wall cedar panelling, with sliding doors on the closet to keep the moisture in, and the shoesthat do yellow with clear soles, the V, VI, XI, XVI, XIX, I will leave a silica pack in to keep them from turning. I'm officially over 60 pairs of Jordans,and they go back all the way to 94 retros, and I want to be able to store them, I want to be able to wear them too.

Again, I'm back. I'm here to help, but don't push my patience, my generosity, or any other button you feel like pressing to get a rise out of me.This is the third and final time I come here to help. You show me your gratitude by acting like a bunch of asylum nutjobs, you can just let your shoes rot.

Originally Posted by FLIGHT20THREE

Where is the black toe conversion post at for converting 94 I's into Black Toe I's?

They're 2001 Retros
http://www.jordanextreme.com/blacktoe/blacktoe.htm

I believe KVN also did black toe customs with 2001's and Methamphibian used 1994's.

Here's a picture of my 1994's with the black toes I did back in early 2006. All it really needs is a white/black Nike tongue tag to be complete.
10el9xc.jpg

chernabog915
-well that is the issue. People don't read. They just want a quick answer. I pretty much deal with that on a daily basis.
I've been asked several times for step by step guides, but people still overlook the guides and tips I already have set up.

chernabog915, I didnt mean it was useless altogeter. If you saw, I've contributed to this post. The information given is very useful, itsthe fact that questions are asked, sometimes repetitive, but are just overlooked and when something isnt replied to until after 3-5 days it is frustrating. Ijust want to know if the angulus acrylic paint is the right stuff for midsoles. With that being said, LOL @ burn your shoes...

yo! i need ya'll help.....the toe area of my black/redwood XIV got separated from the front sole (it's not a big gap tho) and i already tried usingsuper glue but it's not sticking....i already brought it to a shoe shop and they said that they wont be able to fix it coz the meterial of the shoe issuede and glue won't adhere to it...can anyone shed some light on how to fix this?? TIA

sorry i got no cam right now so i can't post any pic...

Try marine epoxy. It should hold the shoe together, and still be a little pliable to bend when you walk. About $4 at any store.

how do you clean, or make like new, the white parts on the sides of the air raids. I scrubbed and cleaned alot and its still scuffed in some areas but overallit seems to be an off an white color. Do I need paint or can I just clean it with a strong chemical?

Hello i just wanted to know if having slica packs on my kicks under the tissue paper not touching the kicks..i wanted to know if that would mess my sneakers ormake fall apart some how this for my powder blue 10s because i just wanted to know so i could take the slica pack out

Well my VII Citrus's are creased....well just one but it's creased pretty bad and I'm wondering is there any way to remove the creases?

Does the steam method work?
or do I have to take them to a shoe doctor?
I need help with them I love them and I don't have the money for a new pair.

here goes a pic of them
a66ee4846553cn9.jpg

619destroyer

og xivs paint starts to deteriate i tried to clean mine and ended up striping the paint right along with it. id leave them alone,unless you wana try thatgoobgone stuff homeboi up there suggested and report back to us.

Erick713

you from houston im guessing ? me too... anyways i wouldnt use the steam method its so totally garbage,maybe if you have light light creases and dont plan towear them again they may end up looking okay but the results are so not permanet. The the material will be softer and creases will form more easily. just usesome force fields from footaction they help if you worried about the appearance that much.

Originally Posted by Bapestars

619destroyer

og xivs paint starts to deteriate i tried to clean mine and ended up striping the paint right along with it. id leave them alone,unless you wana try that goobgone stuff homeboi up there suggested and report back to us.

Erick713

you from houston im guessing ? me too... anyways i wouldnt use the steam method its so totally garbage,maybe if you have light light creases and dont plan to wear them again they may end up looking okay but the results are so not permanet. The the material will be softer and creases will form more easily. just use some force fields from footaction they help if you worried about the appearance that much.

Yeah I'm from Houston

So the steam methods BS?
the thing is I rock em a lot like when I go out and at school and I knew there was gonna be a downside to using the steam method like you said it will softenand crease even worse

Well the thing is my buddy told me a shoe doctor will take the creases out.But I'm not sure about the money because I did that with my Cards and thede-creasing ran me up about $150 and they came out new but then again they crease from the sides then the toe box and I just get effin tired and that was lastyear at the beginning of '07.Now their just dead they creased up even worse and I don't even want them.

Back to the subject,My Citrus's the only reason they creased is because their a size 9 and I'm a 8 growing into 8 1/2.I used a insert to help but I wasbetter off not using them.I know if I buy the Force Fields and use inserts they might not have effect.So my question is should I take them to a shoe doctor ortry something home-made?

The VII aren't creased from the sides just the toe box but from what I heard Force Fields are uncomfortable.The shoe doctor's gonna run me up and Ijust don't have the cash for it at the time.

Also,one last thing THE BLACK IS GONE!!
It's like a dull black now and I want the black back is there any way to restore the color?

what shoe doctor were you taking them too ? its gona be hard bringing back color to those because of the stiching,i usally use suede spray and those sticheswould get messed up :/ or be left darkend. You would have to cover up the stiches before redoing the black . Shoes arent meant to stay brand new forever btwjust live with the creases,i have friends with hyper strikes and never even heard them complain once about creases once so yer

would my DMP 11's be safe if i threw them in the washing machine???

i went hiking in them and they got all dusty.

Back
Top Bottom