:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I'm about to use 40 cream on the soles and netting of stealth 5's tomorrow. It's my first time. Any tips on doing it the right way. I watched the YouTube videos, just wondering if there's anything else I should do or know. Thanks

It wont work on the netting. Ive trIed it. All it does is make the fabric behind it yellow. Which just makes it worse. I wish it worked on netting. But nope. Just makes it worse

what wipes do yall use to give midsole a quick wipe down
huggies%20wipes%20box%20one%20&%20done.jpg

FYI, dont get the fragrance free " natural scent" 

those smell horrible

Re painting some OG laser 4s black/black/red colorway. Which Angelus acrylic finisher should I use on the black midsole? Normal, satin, high gloss or matte?

Re painting some OG laser 4s black/black/red colorway. Which Angelus acrylic finisher should I use on the black midsole? Normal, satin, high gloss or matte?
matte. high gloss is what makes the patent leather shine on 11s. normal is ok but it's just a finisher. idk bout satin.

I have been using the normal finisher for older model because i don't like it to look glossy. For newer releases i use the matte finisher which have a slight gloss maybe 2 tone down from the high gloss..

I personally use normal (obviously because it's normal/standard), but it really depends on the look you want. If you want it to be shiny, then use high gloss, if you want a matte finish, then use matte,etc.

so i got these FR 3s and i dont appreciate the repaint. is there any thing I can do to make it better?
If repainting it again is out of the option, then you can try touching it up by blotting small amounts of paint on spots that have bled over to other parts of the midsole and onto the leather from what I see. I would recommend using something simple like a cotton swab. If you want to remove some of the paint that has bled onto the sole, you could put a small amount of acetone on a cotton swab and then lightly rub it on the sole and remove the paint. Be very careful not to touch the midsole though as it would obviously remove paint from the midsole. Lastly, if you haven't, I would also recommend using a finisher to gloss the paint up (looks better imo) and it also reinforces it so it won't crack/chip as easily or as quick.

Last edited:

I'm looking to restore these Jordan IV cool greys but I'm sure how to restore the torn nubuck. I heard about angelus suede dye. Would that help and which suede dye is the closest color to cool grey (they sell grey, dark grey, and light grey suede dye)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
i know this is old but this is the situation i got being sent to me :

what color suede dye should i buy, grey or light grey?

Do you guys have any tips on oils/waxes that I can use to soften dried leather?

the right shoe is drier

Back
Top Bottom