:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

hey pimpjobu try mixing 1/3 beach and 2/3 water and soak the patent leather for 5 mins then scrub. i hear that worked for womens patent white high heel typeshoes

homer 420- thanks for the idea. will try it out and see if it works. will post results if something positive comes out of it.
^ man what happended to your cdp xiv's? did you get some water or some snow on those? well, try using the suede/nubuck cleaner first to see if it will doanything as far as cleaning it up. if it doesn't work, time to use the baby oil to bring back some of the luster lost within the suede. hope this helps youout.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

homer 420- thanks for the idea. will try it out and see if it works. will post results if something positive comes out of it.
^ man what happended to your cdp xiv's? did you get some water or some snow on those? well, try using the suede/nubuck cleaner first to see if it will do anything as far as cleaning it up. if it doesn't work, time to use the baby oil to bring back some of the luster lost within the suede. hope this helps you out.

I got them off of ebay for 40$ Their clean adn nice but the suede is just like what you see

has anyone used a washing machine to clean their white/cement 3's, I just got a used pair from ebay but I'm just curious to see if the machine messesup the elephant print

^i wouldn't use the washer for that. just clean them up like you would with any other shoes. if it's bad inside, just pull out the insoles and cleaninside the shoe. i think the washing machine will screw up the midsoles on those iii's.
^^^ don't really care if the bleach messes up the columbia midsoles. gonna just try it out when i have some extra time. that's why i bought the beatersto try crap like this out and not cry about it if i screw the shoes up any more. i mean, i only paid $0.23 for them!

^
smile.gif
...There is an OG pair of columbias beater up there now if youre interested...
wink.gif

Hi!

I have a question... maybe stupid. My shoes are displayed in my room. I wondered if by spraying/vaporise a very little quantity of water on them, it will keepenough humidity so they won't be destroyed.

You mean that by wearing them, they will not crack even if exposed to sun and everything?

you're new to this, huh? the shoes are meant to be worn. any jordans from 1 thru 10 need to be somewhat worn so that way the midsoles don't dry out andcrumble. anything from xi's up are less likely to deteriorate on you as fast. but by displaying the shoes, you will just speed up the process of theelements in your room like the glue drying up, oxidization to the white areas. best advice is to just take some pictures and display them instead and juststore the shoes in their original boxes if they're still around. your shoes will not crack if exposed to the sun and elements when you wear them unlessthey're fakes!

it works to an extent. if your shoes were pissy orange yellow it make it light yellow. if they not that yellow to begin with it make them clear

you know, it is all about following directions for using sea glow and how bad your soles are to begin with. let this picture illustrate what i'm trying toget at-the first columbia's i have are just piss yellow and beat to hell. if you wanted to sea glow them, it's going to take forever because of howdeep the yellowing is in the sole. the second pair of columbia's are decent. i have sea glow these a couple of times enough to satisfy my taste of how theylook. i can really try to use more sea glow, but they're my weekly beaters so there's no need to waste sea glow imo. the last pair of columbia'sare my vnds pair. even after all these years they still look icy. so basically your trying to go from shoe 1 to shoe 3 as far as clearness with the sea glow.it will work but it takes time and dedication. and always, if you buy sea glow, go with the bigger bottle. best value imo.

here are my seaglow jobs i did. space jams took about 2 weeks and dmp which was slightly yellow took 3 days. sorry for the crappy cell pics, a lil tip i couldgive is run a bead of crazy glue to the areas that are most likely to peel because of the sun.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

you're new to this, huh? the shoes are meant to be worn. any jordans from 1 thru 10 need to be somewhat worn so that way the midsoles don't dry out and crumble. anything from xi's up are less likely to deteriorate on you as fast. but by displaying the shoes, you will just speed up the process of the elements in your room like the glue drying up, oxidization to the white areas. best advice is to just take some pictures and display them instead and just store the shoes in their original boxes if they're still around. your shoes will not crack if exposed to the sun and elements when you wear them unless they're fakes!

Wow that helps
smile.gif
Thanks a lot!

Yo Homer, those space jams look GREAT/Deadstock. Pimpjobu, are you considering on using the UV light like SKRIBZZRC with the cool greys instructed??. I know imgoin to.

quick question.. has anyone ironed the toe boxes on cool grey 9s? im thinking about doing this to mine but dont really know where to start...

^I have heard ironing patent leather isnt the best things to do..... cause it makes it weaker..... to be creased again. Someone correct me if im wrong. If u doiron it, you gotta have some kind of cloth in between.

SKRIBZZRC - If its not too much to ask, can you post pics of your UV light fixture and setup? Living in an apartment, finding a good spot for direct sunlightis near impossible. I'd like to try your UV idea on a pair of Cool Greys and Concords I own.

^^i'm old fashion andfattoo, will just use sunlight when seaglowing my shoes. helps that i have a backyard to do this in.
^i'm thinking the light fixture might be just an ordinary desk lamp. something flexible to bend into the desired shape to shine on the shoes. i think hespecified what king of light bulb he used, but i'm guessing it was something with a lower wattage so it won't heat up and burn a hole in the solesbeing under the light for that long. and i think it was a soft white light bulb, too.

Back
Top Bottom