:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

You'll probably want to do more layers than this if you're laying white on red.

I don't want to be Captain Obvious, but unless you figure out how to match the sail on the side panels, you're going to notice the difference in color between that and the new white toe box.

As for advice; use masking tape to isolate the areas you're working on, try to paint in a back and forth motion, and don't forget to let the layers dry before painting another.
summit white is sail?

damn, does angelus make summit.....n/m i'm checking

I'd recommend seeing if there are any Black/Red toe to Black toe customs on YouTube to see how they handled the difference so you can figure out which route you want to take (mix colors to try to match Summit White, strip mid-panel and repaint white, etc.)

I'd recommend seeing if there are any Black/Red toe to Black toe customs on YouTube to see how they handled the difference so you can figure out which route you want to take (mix colors to try to match Summit White, strip mid-panel and repaint white, etc.)
yea, probably strip that mid panel, because it's suppose to be white

I’ve got some cracking on my ‘13 kamikazes and ‘07 anthracite foamposites, can anyone suggest a Nubuck conditioner to prevent further cracking? Thanks in advance.

Had to work on my Answers the other night. Had to throw away a pair of socks because the insoles were F'd and sticky. Basically these shoes insoles didnt exist when i got them. Joints are the same age as me (21). so i had to rip off this old film of adhesive and grab a couple of blades and scrape out all the old glue on both shoes.
20180726_033154_HDR.jpg

Put the insoles from my practice Q's in em and theyre a perfect fit. Cant wear them in the Questions because they hurt my feet so i kept them sitting under the shoes in the box for the past two years since i had them.

Next is Barge Cement....

20180726_034132_HDR.jpg

20180726_034119_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Those were so comfortable before the DMX wore out. They were still pretty good after, but that DMX was glorious. We had the white and red ones as a team shoe when I was in 8th grade.

Dubby Dubby , that glue is a nightmare in the og answer ones, I throw away my socks every time I wear my white pair, and that’s after putting two insoles in on top of it, it seems to just keep seeping out. I didn’t scrape mine out, but I probably should have.

Dubby Dubby , that glue is a nightmare in the og answer ones, I throw away my socks every time I wear my white pair, and that’s after putting two insoles in on top of it, it seems to just keep seeping out. I didn’t scrape mine out, but I probably should have.
Yeah bro thats the best thing to do honestly. Its not worth you throwing away socks everytime you rock those joints.

I will be receiving my first pair of Jordan's in the next couple of days. Most likely, these shoes will be my daily driver for a decent amount of time before I expand my collection. With that said, what is the best way to clean Jordan's to keep them looking fresh?

Here's the link to the pair I bought - Jordan AJ1 Mid - Men's

Thanks for any feedback!

I will be receiving my first pair of Jordan's in the next couple of days. Most likely, these shoes will be my daily driver for a decent amount of time before I expand my collection. With that said, what is the best way to clean Jordan's to keep them looking fresh?

Here's the link to the pair I bought - Jordan AJ1 Mid - Men's

Thanks for any feedback!

Jordan 1s don't need much maintenance. Some people even prefer the way they look with some wear and tear.

The Mids are usually stiff synthetic leather and Jordan 1s have a rubber sole so just wiping the shoe with a wet paper towel cleans most regular stuff like dirt right off. A soapy wet paper towel would pretty much take care of the rest.

did it myself, not bad; can't wait to do the touch up

Attachments

• 15332174661516543264482143718263.jpg
    15332174661516543264482143718263.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 19
seaglow. i use Salon 40 for all my seaglow related projects. it's on $3.95 including tax. get it at Sally's Beauty Supply.
I Have a brand new pair of 2012 Jordan retro 4 Breds that are turning yellow on the plastic lace holders does anybody know how to remove the yellowing
I have the same issue with my 2012 from Finish Line. I even thought they sold me fake pair. Were you able to remove the yellowing. It's funny that it only happens to some pairs not all of them, because I had two pairs, the other one turned yellow, the other one didn't.

I posted about my Breds having black spots allegedly from rain on the toeboxes. Even after washing, the spots are still there. Is repainting the only option? The spots are not that visible but it’s an annoyance.

Anyone know any tips for cleaning dirt out of tan suede? My Vachetta 12s got dirt all in the toe box area (drunken nights :smh:).

So I’m on a restoration spree with a bunch of my older kicks. Have a question about brushes. Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent to good shoe cleaning brushes in a similar vein of the Reshoevn8r ones that I could pick up from a local store.

I don’t want to order online wait days for shipping. Thanks in advance.

How to remove the mold/glitter dust from black leather Jordan 1? My cyber, royal and shadows look like glitter sneakers for children.

Hey guys.

So my brother bought these shoes from footlocker either yesterday or on Sunday. He wore them around and decided to clean them up with some Shoe MGK I have which has reliably cleaned all of my shoes. He applied it onto the suede and scrubbed with the all purpose brush... and after it dried, the suede hardened. He panicked, and then he got a small towel wet and tried scrubbing it off... which took off some of the black from the suede.

Is there any way these can be saved? They are brand new and only like 2 days old, maximum. It really sucks and I feel bad for him, but I know that suede is extremely delicate and he should have known better.

Here are the pics:

https://niketalk.com/media/jordan-13-2.2491867/
https://niketalk.com/media/jordan-13.2491866/

anyone know how to clean the inside of the shoes? My Jordan III free throw lines have dirty white interior lining already. The white interior lining has turned dingy yellow and brown, maybe due to sweaty colored socks.... any ideas how to clean the inside lining to make them white again?

Been a long time since I've been in this thread, is salon care 50 still the top generic peroxide for icing shoes and whitening? Looked around, and seems like a lot of people use the sponsored and branded stuff now.

After & Before
IMG_E4942.JPG

IMG_4944.JPG

Been a while since I've taken some of these out the box, and the midsoles oxidized pretty bad. Finally spent the time cleaning everything.

Last edited:
anyone know how to clean the inside of the shoes? My Jordan III free throw lines have dirty white interior lining already. The white interior lining has turned dingy yellow and brown, maybe due to sweaty colored socks.... any ideas how to clean the inside lining to make them white again?

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Back
Top Bottom