:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Been a long time since I've been in this thread, is salon care 50 still the top generic peroxide for icing shoes and whitening? Looked around, and seems like a lot of people use the sponsored and branded stuff now.

After & Before
IMG_E4942.JPG

IMG_4944.JPG

Been a while since I've taken some of these out the box, and the midsoles oxidized pretty bad. Finally spent the time cleaning everything.
Yep

Couple questions:

- Is Reshoevn8r the best cleaner? If not which is? Any household alternatives to the sneaker cleaners?

- Anyone ever used the SneakersER pens to paint mid soles and other parts of the shoe. The pens any good?

I got these 2016 flu game 12s off Stockx... Everything’s cool, but then I noticed the back tab that has the jumpman logo, the tab on the left shoe has some weird glue or grease inside it. Sloppy production

I’ve gotten some of it out with my finger, but what would be best to use on this to remove grease/weird glue? Thanks NT

12C14D66-269B-4CCD-9B65-ECA0A263BF83.jpeg
AA276622-6178-4778-A4A9-01CCF18D1770.jpeg

Anything I can do for these brons? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 22
I got these 2016 flu game 12s off Stockx... Everything’s cool, but then I noticed the back tab that has the jumpman logo, the tab on the left shoe has some weird glue or grease inside it. Sloppy production

I’ve gotten some of it out with my finger, but what would be best to use on this to remove grease/weird glue? Thanks NT

Googone on a qtip, try not to saturate the tab just gently roll over it.
Anything I can do for these brons? Any help is greatly appreciated.
From the looks of it that rip is through the shoe, if it is they are toast...sorry.

Damn, thanks for the response there's some white that shows where the rip is at as well. Anything i can use to cover it up? Idk if a marker would be good might make it more noticeable.

Anyone have any tips on removing ink stains from receipts off of clear / translucent soles?
retrobright it, the issue is with clear soles they absorb whats left on them for any length of time. that ink is deep down now so you can do the usual salon care 40 but let it sit for about an hour covered before you start exposing it to light. might take a few sessions.

Appreciate this a ton. my bred 11's got some ink in it, so i guess this is the treatment it has to go under for a couple days haha

Hello guys! Haven't been here in a while. Wanted to drop some gems for you guys. Been doing a lot of Katrina to white cement 3 conversions. They look amazing!

Follow me on social media:
IG: johnandrew00
Youtube: johnandrew7

Manalorestorations@gmail.com for inquiries.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 8.59.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 8.59.36 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 8.59.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 8.59.52 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
upload_2018-9-4_8-52-40.png

Noticed the surface of the leather (or "leather) on the swoosh of my '94s is starting to peel a bit. If anyone has any insights on what a good way to seal this down without leaving a glossy finish, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Anyone here know anybody in the Charlotte area good with reglues? If not in the area, maybe somebody reputable I can ship to. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

upload_2018-9-4_8-52-40.png

Noticed the surface of the leather (or "leather) on the swoosh of my '94s is starting to peel a bit. If anyone has any insights on what a good way to seal this down without leaving a glossy finish, I'm all ears. Thanks.
amazon, leather repair kit. you will need to glue it back down then you can paint with flat black to seal over, you can use duller to make it even flatter if needed.

I recently repainted the midsole on my 4’s and after I used the matte finish, you can see an area where the paint isn’t as strong. Would the best thing to do require stripping and repainting? Or should I just touch it up?

It’s weird because when I stripped the factory paint, the surface was rough in certain parts, and I’m not sure why. Due to that, the paint on this portion looks a little different. This rough surface appears in this same spot on both shoes, but I only had the problem after the matte finish on the right shoe.

Here’s what I’m talking about. It’s minor, so I might not even worry about it.
DEE8C169-AEBC-44F5-832B-E59C594B1AA6.jpeg

This is the left shoe, but you can see the part in the front isn’t smooth like the back of the shoe. This made the paint application a little different from the rest of the shoe.
3909C522-F3EA-4813-8286-BC3D9522EC18.jpeg

Would i be safe buying the 2013 grape 5s Deadstock right now? or is that too old? I want to Avoid yellowed soles and Ice.

how many coats did you do and how long between coats did you wait? also what chem did you use to strip it?

I used acetone to strip it. Didn’t really count the coats. I’d say between 5-8, and I probably waited around 10 minutes between coats.

I used acetone to strip it. Didn’t really count the coats. I’d say between 5-8, and I probably waited around 10 minutes between coats.

K since I wasn't supervising it's hard to tell but it's one of these two things, either the paint didn't strip fully down to the base (meaning your acetone was still kinda there) or your paint didn't dry enough between coats in that area. you might have problems in the long run but it would probably last a bit like that, if you don't like the way it looks strip it back down again and wait a while after using your acetone to make sure that it dries out fully.

I got blood from the back of my ankles on a pair of flyknit am1's,the area its on is white. I tried a tide pen to get it out but it did nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

I got blood from the back of my ankles on a pair of flyknit am1's,the area its on is white. I tried a tide pen to get it out but it did nothing. Anyone have any ideas?
Youll want to mix warm water with laundry detergent. use a soft towel or a tooth brush to work in the solution.

depending on how fresh the stain is, youll need to repeat the process a few times.

if rhis doesnt work then you will want to use oxiclean

Last edited:
Would i be safe buying the 2013 grape 5s Deadstock right now? or is that too old? I want to Avoid yellowed soles and Ice.
youll be fine. just break them in gently. wear them around the house for an hour a few times or so lightly before you take them outside.

as far as shoes breaking apart, my rule of thumb is 6-8 years depending on materials of the shoe and how it is stored. some even longer (like the old nike sbs). For Js , Id say youd be safe within the 6 year range. 7 years or more is going to be a gamble.

Couple questions:

- Is Reshoevn8r the best cleaner? If not which is? Any household alternatives to the sneaker cleaners?

- Anyone ever used the SneakersER pens to paint mid soles and other parts of the shoe. The pens any good?

honestly I stick with Kiwi brand cleaner, I have for over ten years. It is expensive but worth it from my regard. IMO - stay away from Jason Mark. It has damaged more shoes than it has saved. Anything invovling you mixing a solution with water (unless your cleaning leather) WILL alter suede. Even if you do it right, it changes the texture and feel of the suede. If I am cleaning mesh, leather, or any other material - then I will use water based cleaners. They work well. But I stress caution before you use them on suede shoes.

I stay away from water based cleaners unless its leather. Even then , it comes down to how well you clean and not what you use. I apply sealant on all my suede or durabuck shoes. After that, I spot clean every wear.

When stains settle in , thats when they become hard to clean. If you can wipe them down quickly after every wear or so, it will keep stains from settling in.

Back
Top Bottom