:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

laundry detergent, oxiclean, diluted in room temp to warm water. Scrub on. Stuff the shoes with paper when they are drying so they dont lose shape.

Pretty sure you can safely used Jason Mark on these if you dont want to mix it yourself. Its really the same thing really.

When I first noticed the bleeding, i used some stain remover i use on clothes that the stain had already set in after the clothes had been dried. Its removed blood, wine, coffee, etc. I opened a claim with Nike, and we'll see what happens, I'm going by my local Nike store to see what they say. I've had the damned shoes 33 days... I guess I just barely missed the window of 30 day return policy. Problem for me is I want the shoes, frankly they're the only 33 CW I REALLY liked. If Nike does issue a voucher I can't even rebuy them they're sold out on NDC. It might be a better decision to just snag the black utilities, because I see this happening all over again as soon as the mesh gets wet/sweaty.

When I first noticed the bleeding, i used some stain remover i use on clothes that the stain had already set in after the clothes had been dried. Its removed blood, wine, coffee, etc. I opened a claim with Nike, and we'll see what happens, I'm going by my local Nike store to see what they say. I've had the damned shoes 33 days... I guess I just barely missed the window of 30 day return policy. Problem for me is I want the shoes, frankly they're the only 33 CW I REALLY liked. If Nike does issue a voucher I can't even rebuy them they're sold out on NDC. It might be a better decision to just snag the black utilities, because I see this happening all over again as soon as the mesh gets wet/sweaty.
stain removers dont work so well on certain stains. its just cleanup on the go, same thing liquid handsoap, water, and a napkin can do.

If you cant return them, then try cleaning them properly. Id mix the laundry detergent and warm warm.. Add a little bit of oxiclean, since its an oxidizer and works great on white items. A small medium brush, and start cleaning. You dont want to use a brush thats too soft or too abrasive/tough. (i.e. think suede brush).

Good luck. Worse comes to worse, clean them , sell them and buy a new pair.

stain removers dont work so well on certain stains. its just cleanup on the go, same thing liquid handsoap, water, and a napkin can do.

If you cant return them, then try cleaning them properly. Id mix the laundry detergent and warm warm.. Add a little bit of oxiclean, since its an oxidizer and works great on white items. A small medium brush, and start cleaning. You dont want to use a brush thats too soft or too abrasive/tough. (i.e. think suede brush).

Good luck. Worse comes to worse, clean them , sell them and buy a new pair.

I see what your saying, but without having them bleed more there is no possible way to use water. Maybe a foam of some sorts?.? The stain remover removes about 90%of the bleeding, but its liquid based. So by the time they sit and dry a while a whole new set of bleeds has begun from the red an gold under the damp white mesh. It's really ******!!!!

Edit I love these shoes, enough to even buy another pair but I see the same thing happening again. Please JB just give me 1 good CW to cop, so I can quit stressing about these and move on.

I see what your saying, but without having them bleed more there is no possible way to use water. Maybe a foam of some sorts?.? The stain remover removes about 90%of the bleeding, but its liquid based. So by the time they sit and dry a while a whole new set of bleeds has begun from the red an gold under the damp white mesh. It's really ******!!!!

Edit I love these shoes, enough to even buy another pair but I see the same thing happening again. Please JB just give me 1 good CW to cop, so I can quit stressing about these and move on.
your call. sweat is yellow, water is clear. It shouldnt bleed on white. oxiclean is a oxidizer so it makes whites brighter.

your stains look like sweat stains.. if it was bleeding dye, then it would be much much tougher to clean. the whole point of water is to dilute the detergent as its too thick to apply straight on. its my two cents. Go with whatever you feel comfortable using. Trust your gut.

your call. sweat is yellow, water is clear. It shouldnt bleed on white. oxiclean is a oxidizer so it makes whites brighter.

your stains look like sweat stains.. if it was bleeding dye, then it would be much much tougher to clean. the whole point of water is to dilute the detergent as its too thick to apply straight on. its my two cents. Go with whatever you feel comfortable using. Trust your gut.

It's both i think, I can deal with sweat stains (but the more I look at the "sweat stains" it looks more and more like the gold that's actually doing the bleeding). I mean they're hooping shoes so some wear and tear is expected. Although as the the sweat moistens the white canvas, the interior red strap is bleeding red though the white mesh; same with the lace eyelets.
Air-Jordan-33-Deconstructed-8.jpg

Not the best deconstructed pic, but this might give you an idea what I'm talking about.

It's both i think, I can deal with sweat stains (but the more I look at the "sweat stains" it looks more and more like the gold that's actually doing the bleeding). I mean they're hooping shoes so some wear and tear is expected. Although as the the sweat moistens the white canvas, the interior red strap is bleeding red though the white mesh; same with the lace eyelets.
Air-Jordan-33-Deconstructed-8.jpg

Not the best deconstructed pic, but this might give you an idea what I'm talking about.

oh okay. yeah, thats going to be tough to remove, period. shoes that bleed dye are not simply things to clean.

Your best bet is jason mark. I can attest that it does remove dye from shoes, however in my situation it wasnt something I wanted to do.

I do not see how you will remove the bleeding dye without water onto the area though. Because JM is water based as well.

It comes down to your method. Try oldschool. Dilute laundry detergent, oxiclean, amd warm water.. Use a toothbrush.

Anyone have confirmation on how well Jason Markk works on felt suede material, particularly the Air Skylon 2? Wore them last night and my girl stepped on the very front of the toe by mistake with her uggs. Left a dirt smear. Tried to clean it with a paper towel and water and the dye from the paper towel design made the stain worst and now it slightly resembles a light denim stain :smh: was told Jason Markk could clean them well and I’ve been meaning to clean them anyway but want confirmation that the stuff is the goods before I go wasting $10

Just picked these up. I know they have a weird type of suede leather. Do I need to be cautious when I clean them? I have red suede dye if anything fades I just wondered if I needed to take any extra precautions. Any feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

• 254538D0-ED86-47D0-830E-085E8D7B0554.jpeg
    254538D0-ED86-47D0-830E-085E8D7B0554.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 5
Im starting to see that as well. And I’m hearing conflicting things with Jason Markk on suede. So you think a suede eraser and brush would be good to get this out?

A36D0E6D-A289-43DE-A73B-2F17530A5663.jpeg

Jason Mark is fine on sythentic suede. Dont use it on real suede or nubuck. If you cant tell the difference then just dont use it on any suede.

Yeah like the other guy said.. Suede eraser and a suede brush will clean that right up.

Just picked these up. I know they have a weird type of suede leather. Do I need to be cautious when I clean them? I have red suede dye if anything fades I just wondered if I needed to take any extra precautions. Any feedback is appreciated!

You should be fine cleaning them with whatever. JB rarely if ever uses real suede, they use durabuck which is NIKEs patent formula on sythentic nubuck.

You can use jason mark, just dont rub them with a towel or anything while its wet. As it could make the dye come off.

I cant see the stains clwarly from your pick, but Id try using suede eraser + suede brush, then suede spray . If those dont work, then Jason Mark.

Anyone have confirmation on how well Jason Markk works on felt suede material, particularly the Air Skylon 2? Wore them last night and my girl stepped on the very front of the toe by mistake with her uggs. Left a dirt smear. Tried to clean it with a paper towel and water and the dye from the paper towel design made the stain worst and now it slightly resembles a light denim stain :smh: was told Jason Markk could clean them well and I’ve been meaning to clean them anyway but want confirmation that the stuff is the goods before I go wasting $10

Yeah. dont use Jason Mark on them. If water made it worse stay away from JM. Use a suede cleaning spray if a suede eraser dont help. (the type you have to spray outside.). The chemicals in those will dissolve the stain on its own. Just spray them on , and leave em outside for 15-20 minutes to dry. If the stain is still faint, spray them again.

Spray approx 6 inches away from the shoe. Dont saturate the area too much either with the spray. I prefer Kiwi brand suede spray. But any spray should do.

My hunch is that it is real suede on your shoes. Real suede reacts horribly with water. Plus with real suede, stains are terribly stubborn to clean off. Even small mark can be tough to clean. Usually wont have an issue with sythentic suede.

Only thing to use on real suede without damaging them, is suede eraser, gum eraser, or suede spray.

Yeah. dont use Jason Mark on them. If water made it worse stay away from JM. Use a suede cleaning spray if a suede eraser dont help. (the type you have to spray outside.). The chemicals in those will dissolve the stain on its own. Just spray them on , and leave em outside for 15-20 minutes to dry. If the stain is still faint, spray them again.

Spray approx 6 inches away from the shoe. Dont saturate the area too much either with the spray. I prefer Kiwi brand suede spray. But any spray should do.

My hunch is that it is real suede on your shoes. Real suede reacts horribly with water. Plus with real suede, stains are terribly stubborn to clean off. Even small mark can be tough to clean. Usually wont have an issue with sythentic suede.

Only thing to use on real suede without damaging them, is suede eraser, gum eraser, or suede spray.

I’m skeptical of Nike using real suede on them, at least the retros that is. I’m gonna cop both the suede spray and the suede brush/eraser combo and see which one works best. Thanks for the info!

I’m skeptical of Nike using real suede on them, at least the retros that is. I’m gonna cop both the suede spray and the suede brush/eraser combo and see which one works best. Thanks for the info!
Youd be suprised. You'll find low quality real suede/nubuck alot more frequently on retro GR Nikes. Sometimes in real good quality leather/suede/nubuck. I have a pair of patent leather AM90s from 2011(was nothing special at rhe time), with AMAZING leather. Had a pair of Air Max Crepes (all black) with amazing leather as well. Of course at the time I got them, I didnt and couldnt tell the difference.. It as all leather to me. If your going to find real suede or nubuck, its alot more readily found on Nikes as opposed to JB.

Real materials is going to be on the older Retro Runners, AMs, SBs. Anything from 2016 and on would depend on the shoe...

C803546C-6EF3-4C3E-BAF1-1287B1299516.jpeg
any way I can fix the slight sole separation on my triple black air Max 95’s? These are my favorite shoes ion wanna ruin them
4E7E2B77-A047-48E4-9CA7-910D4AE2BB51.jpeg

Shoe goo and carefully dab the crack with a toothpick. Put pressure on it with your fingers for a few minutes and remove any excess goo
https://www.google.com/search?q=sho...hUKEwi4vN7JtaPhAhWIxJ8KHS0gDYEQ_AUoAXoECAAQBA

Funny yesterday I was looking at my Air Max 95 Photo Blue and the part on the toe is slightly separating

Barge Cement and a q tip or toothpick.

If you use a q tip, remove all the cotton from the end. And then use it to apply some barge cement. Since you did say it is your fav pair, Ill warn you ahead of time. Its better to leave this kind of things alone , as trying to fix them while you dont know what your doing could mess them up even more. Glue stains are one of the toughest stains to get off.

What else you could do, take them to a shoe repair (one of the better ones) and have them to what I just explained.. Just buy the materials and take it there with you.

First time tab swapping. Took this old pair if 2007 fire reds, repainted the midsoles and swapped the old dingy Jumpman for NAs. I thought they came out ok.

Attachments

• IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 28
Just purchased a used pair of Kobe 1 Protros Purple Reign. What's the best way to disinfect the inside of this shoe? I read you should avoid skin contact with Lysol.

I normally toss used shoes in the washing machine, but the suede part on the shoe is making me wary. TIA.

edit: Lexol to Lysol

Last edited:
Just purchased a used pair of Kobe 1 Protros Purple Reign. What's the best way to disinfect the inside of this shoe? I read you should avoid skin contact with Lexol.

I normally toss used shoes in the washing machine, but the suede part on the shoe is making me wary. TIA.

I use lysol or laundry detergent, water, and a sponge (with gloves on of course)

Just purchased a used pair of Kobe 1 Protros Purple Reign. What's the best way to disinfect the inside of this shoe? I read you should avoid skin contact with Lysol.

edit: Lexol to Lysol

I would remove the sock liner, and then spray lysol in the shoe. In case you have lysol allergies.. It dries off quickly, I think it shouldnt come into contact directly onto skin, i.e. when its wet.

Vinegear based cleaners also work well, ilbut personally I dont like the smell. Lemons are a natural cleaner as well. for odor control..

I would remove the sock liner, and then spray lysol in the shoe. In case you have lysol allergies.. It dries off quickly, I think it shouldnt come into contact directly onto skin, i.e. when its wet.

Vinegear based cleaners also work well, ilbut personally I dont like the smell. Lemons are a natural cleaner as well. for odor control..

You're right. Lysol should be ok when dry.

Initially, I was going to scotch-guard and tape the suede panel of the shoe and submerge the entire shoe into vinegar/oxyclean/woolite/water blend. Now I'm thinking the water will leak onto the suede. Better off sticking to Lysol.

nike-kobe-1-protro-aq2728-004-medial.jpg

Hi there, was redirected for my problem

My 2016 bred 1s have this dark line at the back, probably moisture related from wear? I can prevent this further, however I'm curious of any way to get rid of the current mark if possible? Further prevention shouldn't be a problem.

The mark is darker in person than on camera. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1555099509721.jpg
    FB_IMG_1555099509721.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom