:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

if anyone could help with this, I’d be super appreciative. I had these in storage at my folks house and I’m not sure what this is. They were perfectly fine when I bought them and I’ve literally pulled them out of the closet twice. Does anyone know what this is and how i can take care of it?

Only thing you can do clean the with a damp towel and put some leather lotion/conditioner after they dry.

if anyone could help with this, I’d be super appreciative. I had these in storage at my folks house and I’m not sure what this is. They were perfectly fine when I bought them and I’ve literally pulled them out of the closet twice. Does anyone know what this is and how i can take coe of it?

usually reshpevanator.. did you apply anything to them

Hi Good day to all. I need help. It seems there's a chip on the midsole. Is there any way to fix this? Or is it ok to just leave it like that? My concern is that the midsole would breaks & crumble to pieces. :emoji_cry: NikeATCIIIMidsoleChips.png
if its only 3-4 years old, its okay to leave them. they are not gonna crumble.. usually foam will crumble after 6 years and thats DS shoes.. it takes considerably longer if they have been broken in.

How do I clean my black/red 4s? I wore them to a farm near Halloween and they are just dusty. Will a damp rag do the trick or do I need a cleaner? Any help is appreciated.

Salon care 40 has very slow results, gonna try SeaGlow soon. Didnt get the black stain off my Space Jams but it did brighten up my Legend Blues a couple shades.
PSX_20191231_101035.jpg

if anyone could help with this, I’d be super appreciative. I had these in storage at my folks house and I’m not sure what this is. They were perfectly fine when I bought them and I’ve literally pulled them out of the closet twice. Does anyone know what this is and how i can take care of it?

that's normal. happens to everyone's 2016 bred 1s. just wipe with a damp towel.

if its only 3-4 years old, its okay to leave them. they are not gonna crumble.. usually foam will crumble after 6 years and thats DS shoes.. it takes considerably longer if they have been broken in.
Good the hear that! Thanks for the info. :emoji_blush:

Any tips on getting my white non-leather kicks brighter again (Cream Yeezy, White UBS, White Prestos)?

I usually put them in the washer with laundry detergent, but they aren't as bright as I'd like them to be.

I thought about putting them in bleach, but then I read it might yellow/ruin them.

Anyone have tips on removing this stain? Asking for a friend. Thanks for any tips.
He said he tried shoe polish and it didnt work.

IMG_3952.JPG

PO

Any tips on getting my white non-leather kicks brighter again (Cream Yeezy, White UBS, White Prestos)?

I usually put them in the washer with laundry detergent, but they aren't as bright as I'd like them to be.

I thought about putting them in bleach, but then I read it might yellow/ruin them.
if they arent suede, you can use jason mark or warn water and laundry detergent.

I tried that 1st and no change.
its windex brand windex? spray em, and let the windex sit on them for a minute, then spray and scrub with a white towel.

if that doesnt improve, which it should. Then you can try salon 40, but its too much work imo.

proper storage is the real only way to prevent yellowing from DS shoes.

its windex brand windex? spray em, and let the windex sit on them for a minute, then spray and scrub with a white towel.

if that doesnt improve, which it should. Then you can try salon 40, but its too much work imo.

proper storage is the real only way to prevent yellowing from DS shoes.

Yellowing...I'm talking about a black rubber stain on my sole

rubbing alcohol or nail polish cleaner.. heard lotion works too to make them shine. Id try rubbing alcohol .

often times a damp cloth works wonders. id wipe them first, then if that doesnt help, rubbibg alcohol should get them back in the roto

Came back to say that this worked for me. For reference: Crepe protect/kiwi spray on PL on AJ XI's which left a stain/residue (page 661). Had to come back and shout you out because you're in here saving peoples kicks consistently and it's wild how for some goofs, something as simple as alcohol worked. #NTFam :nthat:

Hey guys, I've recently got used pair of Royal 1s and noticed squeaking sound coming from heel area of the left shoe when I am walking in them, tried to switch insoles but that doesn't help so I've tried to localize the squeaking andni seems to be coming from the air unit (see video). Anything I can do about it?

Hey guys, I've recently got used pair of Royal 1s and noticed squeaking sound coming from heel area of the left shoe when I am walking in them, tried to switch insoles but that doesn't help so I've tried to localize the squeaking andni seems to be coming from the air unit (see video). Anything I can do about it?

seen it happen to alot of shoes, like the older foamposites and some older nike sbs for example.. it is the zoom air unit in the heel . I havent found a fix for it yet, its something I live with.. Obviously it bothers me when Im walking on hardwood, more than carpet... Just live with it.. Its one of those things, youll do alot more damage trying to fix.

only your going to notice it and be bothered by it.. Unless your sneaking back into the house late with your wife whose a light sleeper.

i tried all the remedies, which was a mess. From baby lotion, baby oil , to baby powder. I spent more time cleaning up the mess caused by it. if it was coming from the insoles, it woild have solved it. but in my cases it was coming from the shoe, 9/10 times from the heel.. i suspect it has to do with me putting pressure on my heels (bad balance), and having that area show signs of wear first. unnoticeable in some shoes, very noticable in others.

seen it happen to alot of shoes, like the older foamposites and some older nike sbs for example.. it is the zoom air unit in the heel . I havent found a fix for it yet, its something I live with.. Obviously it bothers me when Im walking on hardwood, more than carpet... Just live with it.. Its one of those things, youll do alot more damage trying to fix.

only your going to notice it and be bothered by it.. Unless your sneaking back into the house late with your wife whose a light sleeper.

i tried all the remedies, which was a mess. From baby lotion, baby oil , to baby powder. I spent more time cleaning up the mess caused by it. if it was coming from the insoles, it woild have solved it. but in my cases it was coming from the shoe.

thanks for the reply, thats what I thought, found some advice about putting WD-40 there by syringe with small needle but something tells me I would screw that ever more

I have a update on my Jams. I tried everything from Windex to acetone, SalonCare 40 for 12 hours didnt work, soap and water didn't work, not even 90 % alcohol. Finally I decided to try SeaGlow. And after 20 minutes under the light, it's gone.

20191227_102843.jpg
20200112_182039.jpg
20200112_181854.jpg

I have a update on my Jams. I tried everything from Windex to acetone, SalonCare 40 for 12 hours didnt work, soap and water didn't work, not even 90 % alcohol. Finally I decided to try SeaGlow. And after 20 minutes under the light, it's gone.

20191227_102843.jpg
20200112_182039.jpg
20200112_181854.jpg
yeah sea glow is usually the last resort since it will melt the glue on the midsoles.

Back
Top Bottom