:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Has anyone found a permanent solution to AJ1 glitter? And if not, what's the best remedy of removal. Thank you!

I’m sure feelingood feelingood will have a response, but maybe Krylon Matte finish spray could work? You can buy it from Hobby Lobby/Michaels and maybe even Wal Mart.

see what he says before doing anything though.

I've ordered Krylon Matte Finish from UK Amazon, but I think I need to stripe down the finish it currently had right?

I've ordered Krylon Matte Finish from UK Amazon, but I think I need to stripe down the finish it currently had right?
In my experience using it after repainting midsoles, no. The paint goes on kinda glossy, and the matte finisher dulls it.

You may want to test it out on a pair of old shoes just to make sure you like the results.

This has nothing to do with the thread but can anybody tell me what these are called? I figured this would be a good place to start. Thanks!
thumbnail.jpg

In my experience using it after repainting midsoles, no. The paint goes on kinda glossy, and the matte finisher dulls it.

You may want to test it out on a pair of old shoes just to make sure you like the results.

Well midsoles are not leather and I think the finish needs to be cleared first in order for matte finish to adhere to leather... but I am no expert

Well midsoles are not leather and I think the finish needs to be cleared first in order for matte finish to adhere to leather... but I am no expert

I feel like I’ve seen restorers spray this on leather after the paint dried. Search “Krylon Matte Finish Shoes” on YouTube and check out a vid or two to see how ppl use it.

Is this cleanable? I tried the jason markk suede brush/eraser. Didn't do a damn thing. Am I just screwed?
nah you not screwed just yet. do you have a white suede eraser. and also the suede spray cans, from the grocery store.. just make sure you spray it outside.. hold the can 6 inches away from the shoes, spray. Then let then dry, dont touch them. repeat the process a few times if it dont work. you sjould see results.

i always encourage safe ways to clean first before getting your hands dirty. jason mark ans reshoevantor dont work well on suede. i have had a very low success rate.

gum eraser is good for tough stains and midsoles. the white suede eraser is good for cleaning but I sometimes notice if you rub too hard it can take the color off any type of dyed suede other than grey suede. rub lightly, but good enough to get it into the suede.

if this dont work, then laudry dtergent diluted in warm water.. grab a towel and start off with blotting the stain before you scrub it in. take a dry towel and blott it dry as best as you can. then brush the suede after its fully dry (the next day)

Last edited:
feelingood feelingood and everyone else. What’s the best method to stop squeaking for Jordan 11s?

I have only worn the shoes around a dozen times and now they are squeaking.

These are the 2018 concords so idk why they are already squeaking after minimal wear.

I’ve heard about baby powder, and now I’m hearing WD40.

I’ve tried to clean shoes on my own and that ended up making them worse before I asked on here, so I appreciate all replies and if you have other tips you’ve heard please let me know.

a couple posts up...

Hey guys I need some help with Bred 1s that I got restored by customizer because I bought them pretty scuffed on the mudguard, he did covered that up and I believe repainted them but he used some too glossy finish when I initially confronted him with it he told me they are just waxed and gloss will dull with wear... I tried to get rid of the gloss with saddle soap with no effect... anyway to give them original look?

1579788129262.png
so what are we looking at. your talking about the gloss finish or scuffs? get a close up pic if you can so i can see it.

edit. okay I read your post again. he is rght, that gloss will wear off. If you want it to wear off sooner, place them inside in sunlight. whenever you clean leather with proper leather cleaners, the oil will moisturize the leather and give leather a wet apperance. thats normal. when I clean my leather shoes, they look super shiny like that. its moisturized leather. drying out the leather either from normal wear or being outside restores them and dulls it out.

water wont do anything to dull it out. as thr mositurizer is designed to protect from water. water is the worse thing for leather as it damages, dries out, and can crack leather. (real leather not that sythentic or low grade leather).

if yoh really hate the shine. sunlight or just wearing them or sitting them aside and letting tbem "breathe" will do the trick.

with my own shoes, they get super shiny but the shine wears off after a few wears outside. or a week/two or so if I dont touch em.

if your wondering what it is, its leather conditioner. its meant to moisturize and seal the mositure into the leather. your dude did the right thing, as that us how your suppose to care for high quality leather. it prevents leather from cracking or drying out due to age. leather conditioner aint cheap either, so he went an extra step to look out for the shoes.

Last edited:
so what are we looking at. your talking about the gloss finish or scuffs? get a close up pic if you can so i can see it.

edit. okay I read your post again. he is rght, that gloss will wear off. If you want it to wear off sooner, place them inside in sunlight. whenever you clean leather with proper leather cleaners, the oil will moisturize the leather and give leather a wet apperance. thats normal. when I clean my leather shoes, they look super shiny like that. its moisturized leather. drying out the leather either from normal wear or being outside restores them and dulls it out.

water wont do anything to dull it out. as thr mositurizer is designed to protect from water. water is the worse thing for leather as it damages, dries out, and can crack leather. (real leather not that sythentic or low grade leather).

if yoh really hate the shine. sunlight or just wearing them or sitting them aside and letting tbem "breathe" will do the trick.

with my own shoes, they get super shiny but the shine wears off after a few wears outside. or a week/two or so if I dont touch em.

if your wondering what it is, its leather conditioner. its meant to moisturize and seal the mositure into the leather. your dude did the right thing, as that us how your suppose to care for high quality leather. it prevents leather from cracking or drying out due to age. leather conditioner aint cheap either, so he went an extra step to look out for the shoes.

I've recieved them 2nd of December and wore them few times since with no effect, I think its wrong color or finish used on them, I will give them light coat of Krylon Matte Finish as soon as I have a can

I've recieved them 2nd of December and wore them few times since with no effect, I think its wrong color or finish used on them, I will give them light coat of Krylon Matte Finish as soon as I have a can
I don't think its wrong but then again I am not seeing them in person. Maybe take better pics. Because I see the shine on the entire shoe and a little bit more wet on the toebox, leather conditioner is like lotion. You put it on one spot and work it throughout the rest of the area.

I don't think its wrong but then again I am not seeing them in person. Maybe take better pics. Because I see the shine on the entire shoe and a little bit more wet on the toebox, leather conditioner is like lotion. You put it on one spot and work it throughout the rest of the area.
A6805F57-7E2D-49D6-AE14-7CE5B05CC0E0.jpeg
1725F1F3-8CF1-4296-BB62-25AD99BF375B.jpeg
F1E17DFD-84A1-4E92-BFF7-3157180493DC.jpeg
14837665-5569-45D1-AB85-AA0FB0ACCBB9.jpeg
B9421566-F210-4D6C-8362-A3AC6074A320.jpeg
11073924-2AA2-46D1-875C-F080379FECEE.jpeg
1EAAE134-9ED9-479E-A67E-86CBFA15EC71.jpeg
FE999C85-0C0A-4B18-8D0C-3A826E7BA946.jpeg
D7CECEC8-926B-4AD0-B2D2-DFC9BE6BE0DE.jpeg

Hi all,

Thanks for the help in advance but does anyone know where I could get some replacement plastic straps for the Air Jordan 4? My old Military blue retros has a broken strap and I don't think glue will fix it.

Should I remove the OG paper for shoes with netting as well for example white cement 4s? Or is it just for clear soles?

is it wet to the touch.. i mean difference between wet vs dry? Look, I really stil think its leather conditioner and it will wear off on its own. But thats my two cents vs your dollar . I wouldnt be messing around with it.

Should I remove the OG paper for shoes with netting as well for example white cement 4s? Or is it just for clear soles?
Id remover paper for everything. If its special packagaing paper, fold it and put it inside a ziplock bag. (if your planning on storing them for a while). If your storing long term, get gallon size ziplocks, seal up the shoes Let them breathe every few months

the only paper that is safe, is the black garbage type paper. even then, I still wont let it touch the shoes.

Last edited:
is it wet to the touch.. i mean difference between wet vs dry? Look, I really stil think its leather conditioner and it will wear off on its own. But thats my two cents vs your dollar . I wouldnt be messing around with it.

Well it feels more slippery than normal

Well it feels more slippery than normal
leather conditioner. I dont want to sound like a broken record. it will dull out on its own. he most likely put it on to restore the existing leather. Id be thanking the him honestly. not many go that extra step let alone know their shoe care products extensively like that. I use it on all my full grain leather shoes at home. it will show more shiny on black leather versus white.

the purpose of using it is to restore the suppleness of the leather by locking in moisture (e.g. think hair conditioner versus shampoo. hair conditioner locks in moisture , lasts a few days and is initially hard to wash out of your hair with water).. you can basically turn dried out leather (e.g. your car interior for example) back into the supple condition it was brand new with just one use.

water and air dry out leather over time. so any high quality leather needs it, if your looking to take care of it and have the leather hold up (e.g. not crack or mold) over time.

Last edited:
Has anyone found a permanent solution to AJ1 glitter? And if not, what's the best remedy of removal. Thank you!
lint roller. or a powerful vacuum hose (with that nozzle attachment, make sure the nozzle is clean if it touches the shoes so that you dont stain..). if you use a lint roller dont use a brand new sheet, as it will be too sticky.

Last edited:
leather conditioner. I dont want to sound like a broken record. it will dull out on its own. he most likely put it on to restore the existing leather. Id be thanking the him honestly. not many go that extra step let alone know their shoe care products extensively like that. I use it on all my full grain leather shoes at home. it will show more shiny on black leather versus white.

the purpose of using it is to restore the suppleness of the leather by locking in moisture (e.g. think hair conditioner versus shampoo. hair conditioner locks in moisture , lasts a few days and is initially hard to wash out of your hair with water).. you can basically turn dried out leather (e.g. your car interior for example) back into the supple condition it was brand new with just one use.

water and air dry out leather over time. so any high quality leather needs it, if your looking to take care of it and have the leather hold up (e.g. not crack or mold) over time.

Thanks for all the info but bottom line is they look awful now. You are saying not to use Krylon Matte Finish on them? I really want to get them to original look...

Thanks for all the info but bottom line is they look awful now. You are saying not to use Krylon Matte Finish on them? I really want to get them to original look...

No. Your gonna risk damaging the shoes. Just let then breathe in your room, outside a box. The shine will dull out on its own.

But two cents, they dont look that bad to me. I think he did a A 1 job on restoring the shoes.

But then your shoes, your money.. And it looks like you had different expectations. If you really want to do that nobody cant stop you. But I would not sweat it. It will wear off after a couple weeks and get dull. The shine is temporary.

Last edited:
Anyone with OG 7 Playoffs or Bords that have tried spraying a matte finish on the durabuck to stop cracking? Maybe even VIs for that matter.

Anyone with OG 7 Playoffs or Bords that have tried spraying a matte finish on the durabuck to stop cracking? Maybe even VIs for that matter.
theres no way to prevent durabuck from cracking. its best to wear all your durabuck shoes before the time limit passes. synthetic materials will never hold up like authentic ones.

believe me I have tried everything under the moon and even tried coming up with my own fixes for aging durabuck.. nada.

dont store durabuck shoes longterm. they should be the first into the rotation while they last. 4-7 years at most is the lifespan of durabuck.

theres no way to prevent durabuck from cracking. its best to wear all your durabuck shoes before the time limit passes. synthetic materials will never hold up like authentic ones.

believe me I have tried everything under the moon and even tried coming up with my own fixes for aging durabuck.. nada.

dont store durabuck shoes longterm. they should be the first into the rotation while they last. 4-7 years at most is the lifespan of durabuck.

Thanks!

Reminder to wear my Infrared 6s more and just got Cool Grey 4s too that I have yet to wear

On the other hand I have recently bought pair of 2013 Playoff 8s and except scratches nubuck on these is without issues

Back
Top Bottom