:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

How's it going everyone? Just scooped a pair of SBB 1s and the insole has that terrible residue glue box from the size sticker embedded on the insole. I dont want to ruin the image and I would like to remove that awful residue. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm wondering If i should remove the insoles and scrub them with a soft bristle brush and detergent?

How's it going everyone? Just scooped a pair of SBB 1s and the insole has that terrible residue glue box from the size sticker embedded on the insole. I dont want to ruin the image and I would like to remove that awful residue. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm wondering If i should remove the insoles and scrub them with a soft bristle brush and detergent?
if its just in the insole. youll never see it. I would leave it the way it is.

One of my favorite features of the shoe are that insole and the tag/residue ruin the image imo.
K. No problem....pics.

Personally I hate removing insoles, cuz usually they are taped into the shoe and I don't remove them... But if you don't mind having to remove the insoles, ill help ya out man.. PM me

Reminder to wear my Infrared 6s more and just got Cool Grey 4s too that I have yet to wear

On the other hand I have recently bought pair of 2013 Playoff 8s and except scratches nubuck on these is without issues
yeah you wil Def need to wear the fours. Sixes last slot longer as there in minimal creasing due to the design of the shoe, during mituin and wear.. E.g. Youll never see a creased toe box on a pair of sixes.. They will last a bit longer., same with 7s and 14s..

From what I've seen, durabuck will crack at the points of friction, e,g, heel, eyelets, toebox. It literally dries out, I've tried everything from storage techniques to remoisturing the durabuck,. Hopefully ill find a fix for it. Lol I won't give up. I want to save my 2011 bourdeuax 7s , and stealth 3s as long as possible.

Last edited:
What technique would you use to clean this toecap? I'm old school to where I'll just take a wet rag and liquid soap to it but I know there's all kind of product out there now so curious if I need to get with the times and handle cleaning kicks differently.
AT-infrared.jpg

What technique would you use to clean this toecap? I'm old school to where I'll just take a wet rag and liquid soap to it but I know there's all kind of product out there now so curious if I need to get with the times and handle cleaning kicks differently.
AT-infrared.jpg
suede eraser and brush.. followed up by suede spray and a suede protector spray.

wet rags , water, and soap all damage suede. its questionable for full grain leather but I wouldnt do that on suede, imo.

I was searching through this thread to try to find any info on cleaning my shadow 10's, got tired of searching, so if anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it

Read this online about sneaker care/maint and wanted to get feedback from folks here.

"Its actually recommended that you wear them once a month or every couple. Otherwise, the material can dry out and become brittle. By wearing them, you're flexing the soles and materials which is actually a good thing."

I've got a DS collection with my oldest being the 2016 WC4 so the statement above got me a little concerned.

Read this online about sneaker care/maint and wanted to get feedback from folks here.

"Its actually recommended that you wear them once a month or every couple. Otherwise, the material can dry out and become brittle. By wearing them, you're flexing the soles and materials which is actually a good thing."

I've got a DS collection with my oldest being the 2016 WC4 so the statement above got me a little concerned.
statement is dead truth. a four year shoe is nothing to cause concern but it should be broken in lightly, soon..

anything age 6 and above is in high risk of having wearability issues. issues vary depending on materials on the shoe. just because both shoes are air jordan 14s for example, doesnt always mean they have the same materials, rubber, glue, and etc.

if taken care of and the shoe is made of the right materials, it can last a long time.. ive got worn and near ds shoes from 2005, nikes and new balances - that I still wear without issues..

doing something or taking any precaution of care helps.. but knowing what you are doing, is key. exp. there may be a certain method in preserving foamposites that doesnt work on air jordan 6s. theres alot of gold hidden in this thread and thats how I started my process of learning.. bear in mind where you live, how hot it gets, humidity, etc all takes into account.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I have a pair AJ1 origins that I've kept DS ever since I got them from Nike on release day. Month a go or so I checked them and it seems like the icy soles bled because the midsoles now have blue stains. Midsoles were white when I got them so it's not a factory flaw. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the stains? Also would you guys recommend to not cover AJ1 with the tissue paper that comes with them and store them in plastic zip lock bags to prevent things like this from happening?

Thanks in advance! :emoji_pray:
Screenshot_20200322-005559_Gallery.jpg

Picture is from another user but this is basically what the staining looks like on my pair too.

I got my pair of dunk plums in, but noticed there was a bit of glue residue/goop still on the toe box. I got some of it off with my fingernail, but the rest I can't get off and don't want to risk screwing up the suede. Any tips?

IMG_3520.jpg
IMG_3522.jpg

Not looking for tips or anything. Just meant to post this a while back, but forgot. It was snowing one day, and I decided to wear these Timberland boots I’ve had since 2001 to work. They were still in decent shape, or so I thought.

I noticed that my feet were sticking to the floor, and I just thought that something sticky had gotten onto the sole. It wasn’t until I got to work that I realized I was leaving a trail of black rubber behind me because they were crumbling. 😂😂😂

This was my first experience with crumbling, and I’m sure it won’t be my last, because I have a few pairs of kicks from high school (98-02). Might try to wear my OG “Last Shot” 14’s some time and see what happens.

9725E744-E2B3-43ED-9AEA-C7AADE8A2AE2.jpeg
F0314CB6-2DDB-490A-B1EA-165735C198BD.jpeg
298EB1F5-D2D0-4EBE-BF8D-BEE61853CD57.jpeg

Hello again. Still lurking! Read a post a while ago about someone finding a pair of shoes they forgot they had. I just did the same thing. Of course, cleaning due to down time, and found my AJ 11 silver anniversaries. I think I wore em about twice, and put em back up. The soles are piss yellow, and the mesh is yellow. The PL is still white along with the rope laces. I remember thumbing this thread a long time ago about some product that would clean up the mesh. Anyone know what product that was? I still have seaglow, Raliegh restorations, and the Angelus for the sole. I'd just like to get em close to what they were. Any help with identifying that product will be greatly appreciated! Thanks NT fam!

Hey guys new to this thread!
Anyways to remove yellow discoloration in Cream White Yeezy v2’s? Specifically in the outsole/boost?

or will it never be that nice pearly white again lol. Had emfor about 2 years now and I’ve kept the prime knit in perfectcondition

i pulled out my black/ gold patent leather jordan 1 and noticed they looked a little dull any recommendations on how to make the patent leather shiny again?

Sorry I know this is more of customization but any recommendations to remove the print from midsole of Vans? I want to try and remove the graphics of these shows without damaging the midsole. Appreciate the help!

F6851C6A-15F6-4DE5-9153-4D3FCF5499CF.jpeg

I do restorations for a living Nor Cal Sneaker Restorations if u want to fact check me shoot me any questions I got u

i pulled out my black/ gold patent leather jordan 1 and noticed they looked a little dull any recommendations on how to make the patent leather shiny again?
Yo target sells a shoe polish looks
Like a triangle with clear oil it’ll get them nice

Facts.

Almost every pair of 10s I own or have owned squeak. But my Shadows are something else... one squeaks and the other doesn't. Well, actually, they both did but the baby powder trick worked really well on one of them but not the other lol...It's to the point I refuse to buy or wear 10s unfortunately, and it's a shame because I really like them.
Wd40
Works proved it on a pair of platinum 11s sprayed a tiny bit in the holes under the imsole

Back
Top Bottom