:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

dont think u can remove the creases, best bet is to prevent them, i.e toe decreasers or stuff the toes after use
glasses.gif

anybody think of using the car headlight cleaner/defogger on a pair of clear soled j's? i've been tempted to do so

Is there anyway to prevent the soles of newer(06 and beyond) III's from cracking?? It seems that older pairs don't really do this (01 releases and earlier).

@hulkogan74 bruh, learn how to use the edit button. There is no need for you to have 3 posts at the same time. We all know you're just trying to raise up your post counts but please, keep the topics clean.

Man I hate pics of yellow tabs on 3s, how can this be stopped? Hoping my 2011 3s don't look like that 3yrs from now.

NT, do you all now if you can put waterproof suede/nubuck spray on a pair of Raging Bulls DMP Black V's? I know the material is 3M, so I'm not sure about this.

Please help!

I have a scuff mark on my cool grey 11s. On the toe area .. it turned the grey patent black.. it looks like a small black scratch.... does nail polish remover damage patent leather?? Any help is greatly appriciated...

Does anyone have a recommendation for gluing soles back on? I have a pair of cool grey ix's and the soles are starting to peel off. Any suggestions for a specific kind of glue?

I am just beginning to use the indoor method but I am afraid the bulbs I bought radiate too much heat. They are of course UVA bulbs. Im concerned that it is too hot. They are 100w bulbs and I have the set up in a box wrapped with aluminum foil.

once I turn them on, the air surrounding turns warm/too warm. is that going to be problematic?

heres my set up

i have these 2001 III's that i'd like to restore.  i want to restore the white midsole where the paint is fading and the white paint on the nike air.  what would you guys recommend?

Originally Posted by JE15306

NT, do you all now if you can put waterproof suede/nubuck spray on a pair of Raging Bulls DMP Black V's? I know the material is 3M, so I'm not sure about this.
i waterproofed mine and theyre fine... havent worn them yet, so im not sure about how well it will protect them.

Originally Posted by Snowman626

Please help!

I have a scuff mark on my cool grey 11s. On the toe area .. it turned the grey patent black.. it looks like a small black scratch.... does nail polish remover damage patent leather?? Any help is greatly appriciated...
ive read on other forums that nail polish remover does remove scratches, however you need to be careful not to press to hard or do it too long or it will ruin the finish of the patent leather

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

I am just beginning to use the indoor method but I am afraid the bulbs I bought radiate too much heat. They are of course UVA bulbs. Im concerned that it is too hot. They are 100w bulbs and I have the set up in a box wrapped with aluminum foil.

once I turn them on, the air surrounding turns warm/too warm. is that going to be problematic?

heres my set up
-How many watts would you think is enough for saucing the soles of shoes?
nerd.gif
 And do they have to be UVA to be more affective? Just wanting to make sure before I go and buy something too weak or too strong. I am not waiting until summer to clean up some of my jordans
mad.gif

-sirpepperoni

Oh alright thanks bro.
happy.gif
Will give them a try then. Was cleaning the soles of them with water and the 3M seemed to not be affected by the water, but it would absorb it
nerd.gif

Does anybody kno where i can cop some skinny white laces for my cdp taxi's? Not messin w/ those footlocker fat ropes

You are going to have issues if the temperate inside the box is not regulated. Computer fans or larger are great for doing this.

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

heres my set up

IF you can I'd get the fluorescent tube bulbs instead. Reason being is it generates a LOT LESS heat compared to the actual heat lamp.

Here's what my setup looks like, but I might be doing some sort of an adjustment and do a box setup like what most people are doing.

I have a problem with my Jordan XXIII All Stars, I don't wear them that much and last night when I took them out of the box to wear I noticed the jumpman and 23 logo on the tongue has turned yellow.

I tried to capture it in a picture. Any ideas on how to restore it back to clear.

Thanks for your help.

@accordhybrid: Go to Youtube and type in " How To Make Retr0brite " or go to this link.

Since the plastic on your 23's looks to be the same material on the pull tab of the III's, you can use the formula made above to whiten the yellowed pull tab on the tongue.

The ingredients to make retr0brite are inexpensive altogether but the only thing you need to constantly buy is Hydrogen Peroxide 3%. I'd buy 2 big bottles (which are $0.89 ea. at Walmart) if you plan to restore a lot of shoes.
@optimusp517: Thanks bro! I've actually seen your videos repeatedly. I'm just going to toss the indoor method and stay with the eco-friendly sun. 

Any way of fixing yellow soles on these DS Jams? All I got is sea glow with me but anything else or products out there that can actually do the work?
appreciate it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom