:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Fam,

Is there any way i could fix this?? I have another pair of 6s that I could use for their tabs but what would the best way to go about doing so? Also, has anyone ever done this before?
I'm not an expert on restoring/repairing shoers , the son of mars have the 6's tab's on them , idk maybe you can work with that , 

on the 6s, you could try some glue and paint to hold the two sides together. Pull the gold piece off and then try with a soldering iron ($10) to meld the plastic together, it won't be perfect but then you'll be able to glue the gold piece on and paint.

Bro
Fam,

Is there any way i could fix this?? I have another pair of 6s that I could use for their tabs but what would the best way to go about doing so? Also, has anyone ever done this before?

try Barge cement and tape the tab together with painting tape with low adhesion. Works on jordan 3 and 4 tabs.

Hey im about to completely restore my 3s and I was wondering how to get rid of the yellowing.

Its not showing up in the pic alot but its there

Last edited:
Hey again guys, finally got around to removing the paint off the entire midsole. I think I should be ready to paint. Would you guys recommend using angelus or the meltonian spray. I wanna get a matte finish rather than the regular shiny. I was told I can use some other spray to achieve this with the meltonian spray. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

[h5]What's up fam, throwing you guys another swap I recently finished.

White Cement 4 1999 Sole Swap: Nothing much was done to the pair. Just your round of the mill reglue and repaint

For those of you attempting to catch the cement print, good luck. I had to start over 3 times until I figured out the mixture. I expect you REAL restorers to do the same. I won't give out my formula because that won't be fun  Enjoy and God bless.[/h5]

^id test it on a small area or on a different shoe that you dont care about first but it should work.

Has anyone had the bubble that is at the bottom back of the south beach lebrons 9's pop? Mine has a tiny hole in it and the air let out on one of them. They also have this bubble on some air maxes. PLEASE HELP!!! If there is anything I can do to repair this/fix this let me know. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

That a dub zero midsole? looks like the air bubble is red
[h5]What's up fam, throwing you guys another swap I recently finished.

White Cement 4 1999 Sole Swap: Nothing much was done to the pair. Just your round of the mill reglue and repaint

For those of you attempting to catch the cement print, good luck. I had to start over 3 times until I figured out the mixture. I expect you REAL restorers to do the same. I won't give out my formula because that won't be fun  Enjoy and God bless.[/h5]

Has anyone had the bubble that is at the bottom back of the south beach lebrons 9's pop? Mine has a tiny hole in it and the air let out on one of them. They also have this bubble on some air maxes. PLEASE HELP!!! If there is anything I can do to repair this/fix this let me know. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
probably wont be wearable after you fix it. You could always look for something comparable that has that same type of plastic inflated material

Hey again guys, finally got around to removing the paint off the entire midsole. I think I should be ready to paint. Would you guys recommend using angelus or the meltonian spray. I wanna get a matte finish rather than the regular shiny. I was told I can use some other spray to achieve this with the meltonian spray. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Anyone?

I've never used meltonian spray so idk how it will hold up over time. I use angelus paint and krylon matte finish spray after I'm done painting. I did my 03 wc 3s and they came out good

I've never used meltonian spray so idk how it will hold up over time. I use angelus paint and krylon matte finish spray after I'm done painting. I did my 03 wc 3s and they came out good

Sweet, I think I'm gonna go for this method, will get back to you guys with results. Don't think I've ever seen someone repaint 9s midsoles here. How is the paint holding up? really don't wanna go through this process again anytime soon. lol

wait i dont really understand haha so you like tied the whole shoe against the leg table? im almost done but im just stuck on how to glue the back heel like where it curves cus i needa clamp it but i havent found a way lol
Hey sorry on the delay, I took the shoe, stuffed it then to get that heel portion of the sole on flush n' tight to the midsole I literally put the leg of the table inside the sneaker with something like a coaster, piece of plastic, metal, etc inside the sneaker under the leg to spread out some that pressure more evenly.  The weight of the table pushing down will hold the rest of the sneaker to the sole/midsole for a proper and secure bond without the need for using rubber bands or clips. 

Last edited:
probably wont be wearable after you fix it. You could always look for something comparable that has that same type of plastic inflated material

So basically these sneakers are now worthless....I would keep them and wear them since its not that noticeable but I feel like the bubble/pocket is going to collapse

came out real good! 

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]i seem to be the only person who has not their concord 11 sole yellowing, but the damn netting. ive seen 2000 concords with whiter netting than mine. ive tried jason markk and rit, but neither of seem to whiten them (theyre cleaners, not color changers). anyway how can i turn the netting back to white? [/font]

Last edited:
Hey guys, new member here.

I had the same question as a guy a couple pages back - does anyone have experience with Sole Protectors? You can check them out here: http://www.sole-protector.com/

Basically they're specially designed plastic covers for the soles of your shoe. Apparently they fit into the tread of your shoe, so you keep some of the traction. I just copped some ds DMP 6's & fighter jet foams, and I wanna wear them but i still want to keep the soles real icy.

They look like they work pretty well, but you have to use a heat gun to apply them to the soles. Could that potentially damage the soles or make them yellow faster?

If anyone has experience with these they could share or just general advice that would be great. Thanks

Last edited:
I have
Hey guys, new member here.

I had the same question as a guy a couple pages back - does anyone have experience with Sole Protectors? You can check them out here: http://www.sole-protector.com/

Basically they're specially designed plastic covers for the soles of your shoe. Apparently they fit into the tread of your shoe, so you keep some of the traction. I just copped some ds DMP 6's & fighter jet foams, and I wanna wear them but i still want to keep the soles real icy.

They look like they work pretty well, but you have to use a heat gun to apply them to the soles. Could that potentially damage the soles or make them yellow faster?

If anyone has experience with these they could share or just general advice that would be great. Thanks

I have used these a bunch of times. They keep the sole of your sneaker very clean. You do lose traction on certain surfaces though. And as for how icey your soles stay, and for how long they last I can't say because they haven't been around for very long.

Back
Top Bottom