:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I have heard soo many different opinions on storing your DS kicks. I want to know what ppl think about wether or not to use plastic bags to put your boxes in.I have several DS Jays and had them sealed in Zip Lock Big Bags until I read this Post. Now I have them un-laced, sitting in the boxes without the tissue paperin the box sitting in my dark closet with a blanket over them trying to keep the dust away. I have silica packets on the ground around the boxes. Please giveme your opinions on exactly the right way to ensure your kicks will stay as DS and Brand new looking as possible 5-10 years from now. Thanks. -Jay

Originally Posted by wildout4

would my DMP 11's be safe if i threw them in the washing machine???

i went hiking in them and they got all dusty.

im just going to assume you dont know the best possible way to cleaning your shoes and that you arent lazy and this is why you said washer machine. Becauseif you were lazy and didnt care you wouldnt be in this thread. They make specific cleaners for each part of the shoe. If i was you just take them to a shoerepair to clean them for you.

Originally Posted by jaytthelegend

I have heard soo many different opinions on storing your DS kicks. I want to know what ppl think about wether or not to use plastic bags to put your boxes in. I have several DS Jays and had them sealed in Zip Lock Big Bags until I read this Post. Now I have them un-laced, sitting in the boxes without the tissue paper in the box sitting in my dark closet with a blanket over them trying to keep the dust away. I have silica packets on the ground around the boxes. Please give me your opinions on exactly the right way to ensure your kicks will stay as DS and Brand new looking as possible 5-10 years from now. Thanks. -Jay

i dont like the blanket idea.....

i few a ds pairs and i just keep em with the paper inside and 1 silica packet if that, and i put the 2 gallon bag around the box(not the shoe) and i leave theone end open so air can still come in. pretty good so far.

the blanket just keeps it dark in my closet when i turn my lights on. i heard that too many silica packets can dry the leather out too much. thanks for theadvice

My XXlll's (black) came with a glue stain on the suede part, anyoneknow how to clean get it off? (Already tried that suede eraser cleaner from footlocker)

Is there anything else I can take the yellowing off of the soles besides sea glow?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Basketbll

My XXlll's (black) came with a glue stain on the suede part, anyoneknow how to clean get it off? (Already tried that suede eraser cleaner from footlocker)

i used a 3m tar, adhesive, grease remover for the patent toe area on my 23s. you can try it on your suede, but i don't think anything will remove glueoff suede.

Originally Posted by xx23sOnMyFEETxx

can someone post specific instructions for barkeepers friend? thanks

I need this too. Are you supposed to use the powder barkeeper's friend with wet wash cloth or the liquid?

my stealth 23's got stepped on tried to wipe em off with a lil dab of water and it only got worse. any way i can restore this

there is nothing you can use for something so harsh as a suede glue spot. You run the risk of messing it up even more or fading the material.

Shoe goo can only last for so long i suggest you goto homedepot and see what they offer.

sea glow is the only thing as of right now to reverse yellowing.

Bar keepers friend is only a power that makes the mesh look more whiter because all the powder stays there and gets real flaky I highly suggest you donteven think about using it.

Originally Posted by Baller23217

Originally Posted by xx23sOnMyFEETxx

can someone post specific instructions for barkeepers friend? thanks

I need this too. Are you supposed to use the powder barkeeper's friend with wet wash cloth or the liquid?
You're supposed to mix the powder up with water (not too much, just so that it becomes a paste), and apply it to the shoes. Then clean up theexcess. It's not a perfect solution by any means, but it works short term fairly well.

Is there anything else I can use on the 11s? And can the barkeepers damage the 11s any kind of way are there any setbacks?

Anybody know how long silica gel packs last? Is it gonna to ruin my kicks if I leave em in there too long. The humidity indicator turned pink but the gelsstill look clear.

i was thinking about putting cling wrap on the soles of my xi's, v's , etc. will this stop my shoes from yellowing? has anyone tried this before?any help is appreciated!

OK, this is getting bothersome. READ PAGE ONE!!!!! I specifically go over how to use Barkeeper's Friend. This is exactly the type of stupid questions Iwanred about being sick and tired of. Saran wrap, cling wrap, etc, is a BAD IDEA!!! It will not work to reduce yellowing, if anything, it would accelerate itby keeping moist air inside the sole, and worse, keeping the same dirty air next to it. The only thing to do to prevent yellowing is just start out using SeaGlow from Day One. I did it with my V's last year when I got them, and neither pair are yellowing.

Where does it specifically say how to use barkeepers friend? I read page one at least 3 times and do not see instructions on how to use it I only see itinstructing us TO use it

I apologize. Somewhere in the 3 or 4 times this has been copied and pasted from the original, the Barkeeper's Friend mix has been lost. It is roughly 2/3water and 1/3 Barkeeper, not by cup, just regular measurement. I tend to keep it about the consistency of milk, maybe a little thicker, and use a hard bristletoothbrush to clean them. Just get a small coffee cup, and mix it in there, stir it up, and use the toothbrush to apply it. Scrub it out, then use HOT water towash the brush out with, and then brush out the area you just hit with Barkeeper's Friend. Do this a few times. The BKF dries to a dusty white film, andtakes a little work to get out completely.

For all my flint 7 abusers I made a post in sneaker art but Ill do it again here before some asks.
How do u get stains out of flint 7s.
eeb153eea0dcd7b5a94569c31d2252b58f13206.pjpg

Answer: Pencil eraser
b7f35849e9d9abb8d538dd17b41f5af5fde3c07.pjpg

Thanks for posting a lot of help and suggestions everyone, but I am also curious if there is anything that can be done with the yellowing on the back of theJordan III flips. The part of the shoes where the jumpman is located at the back of the shoe. Just FYI, its is DS....thanks

Back
Top Bottom