:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by LennDawg

So, I read through this post and still not clear on how to properly store Jordan sneakers. I don't plan on wearing them, just want to store them so they do not get ruined by any way. Put them in a zip lock bag? Leave it un-zipped? Take the paper out of the boxes? I apologize for the questions, I'm new to the forum. Any help would be appreciated...
^^ I have stored my jordans in ziplocks with a silica pack in the box for years and no problems also no yellowing on any of the sole's

I cannot find any ziplock bags that will fit one shoe.. Where do you guys buy these? and if you have the measure ments? I recently just got bags fromsupermarket the ones that you put fruit and veggies in and i used that but it doesnt close... Is this way still effective?

^^^ i use jumbo 2.5 gallon ziplock one's i can fit both shoe's sz 13 in one bag i buy them at walmart

I have a question can I use sea glow on my caro Vs so it can turn blue again bc it turned really green or can I use something else.

Hey I did read the maintenance but I was just wondering if there were any other cleaners I could use to take the yellow off my carolina 17's. They are inpretty good condition, but the mid soles and gaiter part of the sneaker is yellowed. I used armor all but I am not sure if used the right one.I have theoriginal protectant. If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

is there a way to put back moisture in dried up midsoles. i have some deadstock infrareds and i can already see small crack on the red of the midsoles when ipush my finger into the midsole.

would leaving them out for them to breathe for a very long time help. maybe putting some type of baby oil on it. i want to fix the dryness of them and thenrepaint the cracked areas............

i've got some scratches on my retro steel grey 10s
mad.gif
, is there anykind of polish or paint that can over it up but not make it noticeable.

My 17s in CDP came like this... Worn once... Nothing happen to them... I took them out of the box nd this is what i found! Ive tryed everything! A brush toclean it... suede cleaner... ugh why is it like this their soo ugly! wtffff Nd its only the left pair

Originally Posted by silentmindz

Hey I did read the maintenance but I was just wondering if there were any other cleaners I could use to take the yellow off my carolina 17's. They are in pretty good condition, but the mid soles and gaiter part of the sneaker is yellowed. I used armor all but I am not sure if used the right one.I have the original protectant. If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

i used "clorox cleanup" on my white/red 17s and the sole is almost back to white completely. still a tiny bit yellowed, but when you put em on,you dont even see the difference between the upper and the sole.

you can get it from wal mart for about $3-$4 for a bottle

is there any way to get the yellowing out of the netting on my grape v's at all? and also could someone give me kinda a step by step on using seaglow?

Wow, no wonder I quit coming in here to help. Two years after the initial instructions, and people still asking stupid questions. If there was ANYTHING betterthan Sea Glow to fix the shoes, we'd know by now. The instructions are on page one. Try starting there. This is going to probably be one of my last postshere. Thankfully I'm not getting flooded with IMs anymore on how to clean shoes, but the sheer amount of stupidity in here, the redundant questions, thesame misinformation over and over again, I'm not really going to deal with any longer. I came on here to post some new information, which I am sure, asalways, won't get looked at and won't be listened to because you're too interested in using harsh chemicals, like Clorox bleach, to pay attention.

RIT is a company that makes dyes. They also make fabric safe chemicals to remove dyes and stains. The two of them are Whitener and Brightner and White Wash. Igot a pair of retro XI's, and the uppers were almost as yellow as the soles. They looked like someone walked through piss in them. I did two things to takethe garbage out of them. First, boil you some water, and pour about a cup of water in with about a quarter cup of color safe bleach, and go after it with astiff toothbrush. Then, take a cup of boiling water and a tablespoon of the Whitener and Brightner in a bowl, and mix it up, make sure it completely dissolves,and work it into the uppers. After you do that, take a bowl of boiling water and brush it into the shoes to get the Whitener and colorsafe bleach out. You mayneed to do this two or three times to get all the cleaning stuff out. I will 'maybe' post some pics of what it looks like afterwards. When the shoescame in, they were basically yellow. I tried wearing them out one day, but the bright white laces made them look extremely stupid. Now, they almost blend in. Imay tint the laces down heavily using the same white wash technique. This is far, far better than the tried and useless jesture of using Barkeeper's Friendon the uppers. Yes, you can use it, and yes, it requires some work getting it out of the uppers in the end, but this method works far, far better at gettingthe color back.

http://www.ritdye.com/Fabric+Treatments.28.51.7.50.lasso
http://www.ritdye.com/Fabric+Treatments.28.51.7.48.lasso

You can find these easily at Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, etc.

who remembers braiin painting the soles on his XI??

they were sooo icey after.

used some air brush water tec

Originally Posted by MansterM18

My 17s in CDP came like this... Worn once... Nothing happen to them... I took them out of the box nd this is what i found! Ive tryed everything! A brush to clean it... suede cleaner... ugh why is it like this their soo ugly! wtffff Nd its only the left pair

yea anyone know if jasson markk cleaner fixes this?

my air jordan 5 black mettalic and red are starting 2 get faded how do i restore them?
hit me igth please

Yo the 7's in the cdp pack what material is on the toe is that nuebeck or suede and what should i use to clean em

Yo the 7's in the cdp pack what material is on the toe is that nuebeck or suede and what should i use to clean em

Wow, learn to read. Page 1 has the entire list of every shoe ever made, and how to clean them. It has them listed by every material too. I've got almost 60pairs of Jordans, leather, nubuck, suede, everything. Learn how to actually try the first page of the forum instead of the last. It will answer so many stupidquestions for you. I broke it down by every single shoe, 1 through 22, and yuo can't even bother to read it?

AJVII: Nubuck/leather again. For the white/light colored shoes, use the Oxy-clean on the tongue, removing the laces. Midsoles on this, especially the whiteshoes, CAN peel and turn bone white. To prevent, heavy application of Armor All. If already bone white or turning, get a sanding block, 1500 grit or higher.You are trying to lightly scrub off the yellowing, not reform the shoe. A light, light sanding will help get the yellow of, and get you down to the white coloragain. After that, get 2 or 3 coats of Armor All on.

so how do i clean the toe box on mine? my cdp hares had a lil scuff mark on in and i dont wanna ruin the shoe my smearing it. do i use that mr. clean magiceraser on it?

Wow gotta give it up for Jason Markk. His cleaner is some pretty good stuff! Spent the last hour just cleaning all my shoes and still not done
frown.gif

Need help!
Can someone help me to figure out how to remove glue stain on patent leather without hurting the color?
Just got a pair of concord but there is some very obvious glue stain on the toe box.
Thank you guys and will appreciate for the help.

quick question i remember reading somewhere on here i can use something to help keep that brand new look on suede/nubeck materials on shoes like the 7's. iforget what it was i think it was water proofer or something i just need some comformation i dont want to ruin my hares. thanks.

Ok. I have a slight problem with my Melo 2's.

I have a scuff on them right on the plastic part, right above the yellow.
I first noticed it at the CDP VII/XVI release, I must've scrapped them on the ground while running in to the mall
smh.gif
tired.gif

I tried shoe cleaner, and lysol wipes, I have no idea what to use.

Someone help....
frown.gif

hey guys im fairly new to this maintence and stuff. But recently i've been wearing the DMP xi's like crazy. Its gotten very dirty on the white part andsome light scratches on the patent leather.
I am wondering how i can keep the white part clean it looks to be turning yellow and also the leather near the heel looks very dirty...
Pictures don't do justice because i can't get the dirty parts to show.. but its there

Also i am wondering where can i buy sea glow to make the soles less yellow..
Here are pics:
Any help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom