:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Contemplating using this Salon Care 40 for various projects. Anyone have tips? Experiences? I know it's a lot of trial and error, I just wanted a quick answer. I don't have time to go back and search the thread now, but I will later. Thanks.

I'm about to use 40 cream on the soles and netting of stealth 5's tomorrow. It's my first time. Any tips on doing it the right way. I watched the YouTube videos, just wondering if there's anything else I should do or know. Thanks

Few restoration projects I got going on

Contemplating using this Salon Care 40 for various projects. Anyone have tips? Experiences? I know it's a lot of trial and error, I just wanted a quick answer. I don't have time to go back and search the thread now, but I will later. Thanks.

I mainly use it for midsoles on dunks/Jordan 1s.

Just coat the midsole with salon care using an old toothbrush (think a travel toothbrush, easily storable too) with a decent coat evenly all around. Do one side of the shoe first. Once coated lay on its side on a smooth surface ( I lay the show over a plastic bag on top of the shoebox. Leave out in direct sunlight for 30 min. Then do the same for the other side of the shoe. If the results aren't what you want, clean the salon care off the shoe ( toothbrush and water) then repeat the steps til you get the results you want
If you're dealing with leather shoes, taping the uppers isn't really needed, unless you don't have a steady hand. I only take the uppers when dealing with shoes with suede/nubuck materials

Does anybody know the right mix for 2012 military blue ? angelus is too dark bc its for the 06 pair. if anybody can steer me in the right direction it would be appreciated. thanks 

I hav old kd 5s and they have a white upper but the upper has yellowed does anyone know a way to make them white again if not I will just paint them a different design

so the dreaded question from a sneaker care vet...

what it if any solutions are there to whiten this plastic? painting it is out of the question

over the years i've found this even more difficult than clear netting

what it if any solutions are there to whiten this plastic? painting it is out of the question

I would try salon care 40, or making sole sauce. In my experience it works pretty well for midsoles and I think it would do pretty well for the plastic on your trainers

^thank you^

midsoles are either foam or rubber

but this plastic is the same type as the heel tabs on the AJ3 white cement//fire red//true blue, but thicker

i'm looking to see if anyone has already found a solution applied to this plastic

Last edited:
^thank you^

midsoles are either foam or rubber

but this plastic is the same type as the heel tabs on the AJ3 white cement//fire red//true blue, but thicker

i'm looking to see if anyone has already found a solution applied to this plastic
those sole sauce works good on plastic. i use it on my true blue 3 back tab.

salon 40 is a quick eay fix

i've never subjected my kicks to the harsh direct rays of the sun, but if i can get away with only a couple quick sessions...may consider

will post results whenever that may be
thanks to all

Back
Top Bottom