:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^are we talking minor scuffs that are cosmetic or deep gouges? if minor scuffs, magic eraser should do the trick.

My bad ive Been out doin some +$#@ the past days. But thanks for comment on my shoes. Pics follow this description.

My 11's took about 4 days 16 hours a day under the light (only while i was home)

Alright here is my technique that is proven to work.

You need 1 COOL WHITE fluorescent lightbulb and one Regular or off white. Mine is called kitchen. its more of a yellow/orange than the regular bulbs.

The light fixture i purchased from canadian tire (if you live in canada) for $21 and each lightbulb was $4. seaglow was purchased from islandgirlproducts.

You need a holder that holds 2 lightblubs the 2 i mentioned above.

Place the kicks as close as you can towards the light but at the same time make it so the light hits all portions of the sole. I kept mine about 4 - 6 inchesaway.

Thats the lights. now onto the seaglow steps

1. Use a scrubber or something that is kind of hard and scrub soles so all dirt is absent.
2. Wait for soles to completely dry.
3. DONT put seaglow into like a bowl and leave it for a couple days. it kinda dries around edges and to my knowledge kinda evaporates. just use as much as youneed each time and keep it in original bottle
4. Use a toothbrush to apply seaglow rather than a Q-Tip because it is way easier toothbrush flexes and gets into all crevices.
5. USE THE Steel wool type scrubber that islandgirl gives you with the seaglow every time before you apply seaglow. each time you reapply scrub. THEN addseaglow so it works it into the soles. You can even scrub it with seaglow on it if youd like. its kinda messy
6. Allow about 5 hours in between re applying seaglow. or whenever you notice its not wet anymore. it takes alot longer than it does when you place it in theheat of the sun.
7. Re apply until desired results.
8. when done SCRUB OFF ALL SEAGLOW. THOROUGHLY!

PRECAUTIONS!

1. Make sure you dont OD on seaglow on the shoe and let it drip down the sides onto the suede or seems of the shoe. My XI"s had blue stains on em thattook alot of scrubbing to get out.

This is BEFORE I WAS DONE SEAGLOWING Notice the blue stain on the suede upper.

2. Make sure your lights are wired correctly and try not to put a cloth or tower over it because that locks in heat and may overhead the light.

Now onto pics of my shoes.

This is before when i made my collection post.

This is the shoe before under the light

This is after under the light.

This is after in daylight (brings out the blueness in daylight)

These are my black metallic LOW VI's Before piss yellow

This is all i did before i ran out of seaglow. Took about 24 hours to do this.

DAAAAAAYAAAM!.... seriously... i have never seen soles so icy on a pair of cool greys (except on kicksology.net) and your soles were in really good (basicallyDS) shape before you used the seaglow.

Thanks man. yeah they were pretty icey before. Its crazy how you can turn soles blue... even though they didnt even release blue lol.

I was thinking... if you seaglow the sole, is the process a reverse reaction.. or just loosening the oxizidied particles??... and if it loosens the particlesto be taking off..... eventually wont the sole be gone if you do it over and over again?

SKRIBZZRC wrote:
Thanks man. yeah they were pretty icey before. Its crazy how you can turn soles blue... even though they didnt even release blue lol.

laugh.gif
I was thinking the same thing.

It is kind of a reverse.... i cant explain it. it has something to do with the seaglow being blue itself i know that.

i been sea glowing my space jams for a week now and i notice they are turning a vanilla color instead of clear. my dmp 11 turned icey blue but the sj arevanilla, anyone else have this problem? ill post some pics later tonight

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^are we talking minor scuffs that are cosmetic or deep gouges? if minor scuffs, magic eraser should do the trick.
well mostly minor but how would one go about healing major scuffs?btw thanx 4 the help!

Does anyone have any sea glow left that they don't need, I'll buy from you. Need to do my spacejams. pm me

3369744888_5b40bcfd9c.jpg

Is sand paper the only way to go to make these soles white again?

BTW this thread is awesome, a lot of great info.

Thanks.

^ i think sanding is going to be your best solution for the playoff xii's. i have a pair of playoff beaters and i tried some sea glow on those areas of theshoe. didn't do crap for it, so do the sanding thing. go with a light fine grade paper and you should be ok. and for the guy asking about deeper gougesaround the midsole of the xx3's, you'll probably going to have to do the sanding thing also. but it will mess up the clear finish on the midsoles ofthem. so my advice is just live with the gouges on them and enjoy the shoes.

the midsole on my og xiii's has yellowed into an orangy type color. would it be better to sand it down or sea glow it? or is there just nothing I can doabout it?
Also, is there anything I can do about the cloudy hologram?

Im not expert, but i think you may need to sand them if you already tried sneaker cleaner and magic eraser. From what i know Sea Glow only works and clears upclear soles..... anybody can correct me if im wrong.

sea glow is gonna stain your playoff xiii's if you use it. gonna discolor the toes even more than that piss yellow going on. best bet is gonna be sandingit with a fine grit paper.

I have sum OG 96 More Uptempo and I busted the air unit. Its on the inside so u cant really see it but it squeeks, and the sole is 90% off, w/ some type ofpowdery glue substance on it. My question is can I just swap'em out with a different air unit, if so how do I take them apart and reassemble them? Thanks.

^ don't think you can take it apart and put in a new air unit inside. something you just have to accept.

hey everyone just wanted to update you on yellowed patent leather problems and yellowed back tabs on the iii's- i've tried everything i can think of tomaybe try to get it white again. i even purchased a pair of columbia xi beaters with very yellowed patent leather to experiment on. i've tried sea glow,pure acetone, shoe cleaner and nothing works on trying to remove the yellowing. same thing with the back tabs of the iii's that are white. used the samecleaners as mentioned with the columbia's and nothing even worked. i ended up taking off a little of the paint on the "air" symbol on my mochaiii's when using the acetone. so there isn't anything that can be done to reverse this process. i hope next time someone asks this question, pleasetake the time to read this reply.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^ don't think you can take it apart and put in a new air unit inside. something you just have to accept.

Its no way, if I find a beat pair of uptempos w/ an intact air unit to transfer them? My OGs look DS and the sole came off and I was able to pull the wholeunit out and put it back in on the one w/out the busted unit, the only problem is I need an adhesive strong enough to keep it attached. So I just figured if Icould successfully remove the unit from my ds pair I wouldnt have a problem butchering a beat pair just to get to an intact air unit.I might try itanyways
ohwell.gif
. But what is a good adhesive to use in general for detachedsoles.

could try gorilla glue but it will get hard and crumble with contsant wear and tear. gonna have to go with an epoxy glue or shoe goo. epoxy glue should beavailable in your local lowe's or home depot. i wish you all the best of luck doing this "project". show some pics if you do manage to accomplishthis task.

Will epoxy glue work on soles that are slightly detached. I have a pair of flint vii's and cardinals and both of the soles have detached partially. Theyare like that where for example on the right shoe if you looked at the sole you would see it on the left side of the sole. Its the part where the sole goes upa bit unlike the other side which is flat. I will try and post pics later but I was wondering about that epoxy glue.

Back
Top Bottom