:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

thanks for the help with my dunks, I never saw a spray at the stores, but they have that at footlocker too?
Originally Posted by Jcool813

is there anyway to get rid of squeaking?
baby powder under the insole will stop it

NBAballin, you have a pet lizard or something?

Theres no way to get scuffs off of patent is there? I was thinking some polish or something might help, but Im not sure

ANY ONE KNOW HOW CAN I CLEAN THE SOLE ON MY PLAYOFF XII LIKE TAKE THE YELLOWIN OFF...I TRIED MAGIC ERASER BUT IT ONLY DID A LIL BIT OF EFFECT?....ANYSUGGESTION?

as far as the suede/nubuck spray, you should be able to find this at footlocker. just ask any salesperson if you don't see it on the rack. as far aseveryone asking about the sandpaper and what grit, 150 grit would equal out to about a medium grit. i would try a fine grit sandpaper first, something above200 grit for the soles to seaglow. if you don't get the desired results, then move down to the 150 grit. just a suggestion for anyone who plans on doingthis. ^ as far as the yellowing on the playoff xii, i've answered this question before. but since you didn't take the time to check back in this post,you can sand it down to remove the yellowing or repaint. that's it and nothing else will work. end of story.

I bought some 150 grit(fine) and 100 grit(medium) so we will see hhow it works out. Ive pretty much seaglowed a pair of columbias and space jams back to clearjust a few slightly yellow areas so ill see if the sanding will do the trick

Okay, I know this has probably been asked over 100 times in here, but what specific bottle of seaglow (what color) should I get to work on the XIs? And whichbottle for bar keepers friend? If someone could post pictures that would help me so much. Thanks!

is there any other way to sea glow? there hasn't been any sunlight in nyc for a week now is there anything else i could use please help asap thanks

tz85 check out page 69 of this thread there is a post on indoor sea glowing maybe it will help.

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

Okay, I know this has probably been asked over 100 times in here, but what specific bottle of seaglow (what color) should I get to work on the XIs? And which bottle for bar keepers friend? If someone could post pictures that would help me so much. Thanks!
the blue bottle for the sea glow. as far as the bkf, it's a can. looks exactly like comet. hope this helps.

Originally Posted by SacTycoon

what is the best way to display shoes?

will putting them in a glass case do anything bad?
what you really need to ask yourself is this, do you really need to see your shoes everyday? best way to display your shoes is to take a pictureand post them on a wall. displaying them in a glass case is just going to expose your shoes to the elements ( sunlight, heat) to speed up the process ofyellowing, drying of the foam, cracking, dust build up, etc. so if you don't ever plan on wearing a specific pair again, then display them in a glass case.otherwise, just keep them in a dark place in their respective boxes.

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

sup fellow nters. would sea glow work on a pair of og royal blue foam posites ? would it restore the gum sole back to its original state ?
anything that had a clear sole or similar to that should be safe for sea glow. if should help get some of the sole back to its original state ifnot all the way. just depends on how bad your soles are on your foam posites.

Originally Posted by dillinAKAflyguy

how can you remove major creases from lightning seventeens?

stuff the toe boxes and use a paper bag and iron to iron out the creases.

Looking for some advice

Recently wore my black/ silver Vs (2000 retros) noticed the black isnt as dark as it could be. I've heard of methods such as a towel with some baby oil tohelp replenish the color, what's the best and safest way to do this?

Originally Posted by jeppprox

Looking for some advice

Recently wore my black/ silver Vs (2000 retros) noticed the black isnt as dark as it could be. I've heard of methods such as a towel with some baby oil to help replenish the color, what's the best and safest way to do this?

Mix baby oil with water, make sure the majority is water (about 70%).

Some people say it will fade it more in the long run so try it at your own risk. I personally try it and there has been no problem.

^might want to take the shoes to a shop and have the suede re-dyed if the baby oil doesn't cut it for you.

Dont know if i would trust them doing all that..you have any experience with bringing your kicks to a shop?

^ i've only brought my shoes to a shop one time for an area to be glue. a dye job shouldn't take that long and probably can be done right there on thespot. if you're not too comfortable just ask them what they do, how much time it will take, cost, etc. most of my repairs are done by me. i only seek helpif i'm not familar with a certain procedure on fixing.

Whats good NT......? This is my first visit to the SM thread. Had a quick question for the experts. Another foam question....sorry.

I have a pair of DS 07 Royal Foams that are startin to yellow (prolly from walkin round the house in em lookin in the mirror) but anyway i know i have to useseaglow and i know something about putting em in the sun. Now i'm hearin something about sandpaper....i'm clueless. Can anyone explain to me thisprocess of gittin em clean from A to Z. Like what i need and how long to do each step. I figure i would prolly wear em if i knew how to keep the soles clear.Appreciate any help.

Also does this sealant work to seal the shoes after..?..Island Girl SilkNSeal Product......do i need this also.....?

is this a good site to buy the seaglow...? http://www.boatdetailing.info/seaglowshoecleaner.htm

Back
Top Bottom