Official Sons Of Anarchy Season 4 Thread: Season Finale Episode 14 "To Be - Act 2" (Tues 10 pm est)

I don't have iTunes..I don't have iAnything..What I do have is an overwhelming need to watch the final episode and that need is not getting filled..I swear if I don't get to watch this episode in the next 24 hours I am going to personally go to the president of the FX networks house and punch him in the face for not showing more reruns..Sorry, Im a little pissy right now.

I don't have iTunes..I don't have iAnything..What I do have is an overwhelming need to watch the final episode and that need is not getting filled..I swear if I don't get to watch this episode in the next 24 hours I am going to personally go to the president of the FX networks house and punch him in the face for not showing more reruns..Sorry, Im a little pissy right now.

Originally Posted by casekicks

I pm'ed you

I pm'ed you

Thanks guys, I finally got my fix!..Now on to my thoughts..

I, personally, think the finale was damn near perfect..It set up events for next season flawlessly..I loved seeing Jax spit in Clay's face and cut his patch off his leather right in front of him..Even though I wished Opie woulda come running through the door to be at Jax's side, I dig the fact that he didn't just turn up cause he was told to..He's his own man now and he's gonna make his own decisions..Clay is the new Piney is so comical to me and a great story arc..Dude went from the strongest of the strong to the lowest of the low, beautiful..Still think Tara is a big-headed freak..I know Wendy is back, but I hope her story next year is kept to an interesting minimum..Tig is salty over getting demoted, but I got a feeling he and Gemma is going to get soemthing brewing next year..I'm very disappointed they didn't do anything with Unser in the finale, but hopefully he continues to play a role next season..Whoever they bring in for this Pope character better have the ability to pull of a viciousness that's needed for the character..I don't know why, but when I heard the name Pope I had the visual of Wesley Snipes playing him..He's old enough to have a daughter that age but not so old that he can't do some damage with his own hands if necessary..

Thanks again to the couple guys that sent me PM's on where to watch the epi. online..NT at it's finest..

I, personally, think the finale was damn near perfect..It set up events for next season flawlessly..I loved seeing Jax spit in Clay's face and cut his patch off his leather right in front of him..Even though I wished Opie woulda come running through the door to be at Jax's side, I dig the fact that he didn't just turn up cause he was told to..He's his own man now and he's gonna make his own decisions..Clay is the new Piney is so comical to me and a great story arc..Dude went from the strongest of the strong to the lowest of the low, beautiful..Still think Tara is a big-headed freak..I know Wendy is back, but I hope her story next year is kept to an interesting minimum..Tig is salty over getting demoted, but I got a feeling he and Gemma is going to get soemthing brewing next year..I'm very disappointed they didn't do anything with Unser in the finale, but hopefully he continues to play a role next season..Whoever they bring in for this Pope character better have the ability to pull of a viciousness that's needed for the character..I don't know why, but when I heard the name Pope I had the visual of Wesley Snipes playing him..He's old enough to have a daughter that age but not so old that he can't do some damage with his own hands if necessary..

Thanks again to the couple guys that sent me PM's on where to watch the epi. online..NT at it's finest..

I agree with everything you said except this.

I thought the whole CIA backing up the Cartel was a cop-out. The whole season it seemed like SAMCRO was in too deep, just to have them walk away free at the end.

Then you have the Irish only wanted to deal with Clay
eyes.gif

I'll still watch...it just seems like a really "lazy" way to end the season.

I thought the whole CIA backing up the Cartel was a cop-out. The whole season it seemed like SAMCRO was in too deep, just to have them walk away free at the end.

eyes.gif

Television is really comfortable with showing unrepentant racists in the roles of villians; and playing racism for laughs or shockvalue. But what we don’t normally see in pop culture is the urge toward showing full characters. Including the racist bits.

I’ve been following Sons of Anarchy since the beginning of Season 3, and I was initally going to write about how the show treats whiteness. The world of Sons is almost an unauthorized form of whiteness that is rarely depicted without derision – defiantly lower class, quasi-ethnic, and trapped in the same kinds of systems that count as pathology in communities of color, but get the “trash

Television is really comfortable with showing unrepentant racists in the roles of villians; and playing racism for laughs or shockvalue. But what we don’t normally see in pop culture is the urge toward showing full characters. Including the racist bits.

I’ve been following Sons of Anarchy since the beginning of Season 3, and I was initally going to write about how the show treats whiteness. The world of Sons is almost an unauthorized form of whiteness that is rarely depicted without derision – defiantly lower class, quasi-ethnic, and trapped in the same kinds of systems that count as pathology in communities of color, but get the “trash

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

eyes.gif

Well I did say "damn near"..There were of course things I'd change and things I didnt like..Unser not having anything to do in the final episode bugged me for some reason..I thought having Bobby playing a guitar in jail was just ******ed..I liked, not loved, the Juice angle this season and feel like they kinda wrapped it up a little too weak for me..I love how Opie didn't come to church at the end, but I wished they would have showed him doing something..I mean have him drive off down the road, or talking on the phone to his old lady, or tucking his kids into bed, or banging a pron star..Anything would have been better than not showing him at all..I 1 million percent loved the morphing of Jax/FrankenHead into John/Gemma, but is scares the crap outta me to think that she will end up with Opie and he will sometime down the road kill Jax and raise his kids when he won't give his own wife a chance for a life and has nothing to do with his own children..

So I guess saying damn near perfect wasn't the best choice of words..But as far as a SEASON, not series, finale goes I definately think it's a strong 8.5 out of 10..Your points brought up are solid points of view sir..

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

eyes.gif

Well I did say "damn near"..There were of course things I'd change and things I didnt like..Unser not having anything to do in the final episode bugged me for some reason..I thought having Bobby playing a guitar in jail was just ******ed..I liked, not loved, the Juice angle this season and feel like they kinda wrapped it up a little too weak for me..I love how Opie didn't come to church at the end, but I wished they would have showed him doing something..I mean have him drive off down the road, or talking on the phone to his old lady, or tucking his kids into bed, or banging a pron star..Anything would have been better than not showing him at all..I 1 million percent loved the morphing of Jax/FrankenHead into John/Gemma, but is scares the crap outta me to think that she will end up with Opie and he will sometime down the road kill Jax and raise his kids when he won't give his own wife a chance for a life and has nothing to do with his own children..

So I guess saying damn near perfect wasn't the best choice of words..But as far as a SEASON, not series, finale goes I definately think it's a strong 8.5 out of 10..Your points brought up are solid points of view sir..

Loved the fact that Juice was watching The Shield while in the jail cell
laugh.gif

Finally caught up on the last 2 weeks....AMAZING.

As much as I hated Potter, he's a damn good actor. The fact that you can literally HATE a character shows how good he was.

• Gemma is not gonna take her new role in stride, imo. She will definitely be causing some problems with Jax & Tara, and in turn, the entire club.

Tara's got the upper-hand...for as much as Gemma said that there should be no more secrets, Tara knows that there are a few letters that she's holding out.  Probably more damning that what JT speculated and revealed in the ones that Jax read.  Gemma has to tread lightly. 

Loved the fact that Juice was watching The Shield while in the jail cell
laugh.gif

Finally caught up on the last 2 weeks....AMAZING.

As much as I hated Potter, he's a damn good actor. The fact that you can literally HATE a character shows how good he was.

• Gemma is not gonna take her new role in stride, imo. She will definitely be causing some problems with Jax & Tara, and in turn, the entire club.

Tara's got the upper-hand...for as much as Gemma said that there should be no more secrets, Tara knows that there are a few letters that she's holding out.  Probably more damning that what JT speculated and revealed in the ones that Jax read.  Gemma has to tread lightly. 

I uploaded the SOA soundtrack off of rhapsody yesterday and already listened to twice..It's fantastic..I can't remember the last time that I actually like an entire album instead of just 2 or 3 tracks..I highly recommend you guys get it if your a fan of the music on the show..

I uploaded the SOA soundtrack off of rhapsody yesterday and already listened to twice..It's fantastic..I can't remember the last time that I actually like an entire album instead of just 2 or 3 tracks..I highly recommend you guys get it if your a fan of the music on the show..

Originally Posted by Iamchris

Who is pope and when was he mentioned? Seems like I missed it.

Pope is the father of the girl that Leroy was talking to that got killed.
In the last episode they show Sheriff Eli getting a message that it was Popes daughter. Pope being the biggest gangster in Oakland where Eli used to be.

In the last episode they show Sheriff Eli getting a message that it was Popes daughter. Pope being the biggest gangster in Oakland where Eli used to be.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Who do you guys think they will get or who would you like them to get to play this mysterious Pope character?..Like I said earlier, when they mentioned him on the show I immediately thought of Snipes for some reason..Maybe Michael Clark Duncan would be good..I wish Fishburn wasnt busy cause he would be perfect..

Back
Top Bottom