OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

GPRO is down to $65 after the lockup ends. Gon drop heavy premarket and then rise back to $70 afterwards. This stock been playing with me too much :lol:

Guys,

I just left my job and have a Roth 401 I need to rollover to my personal Roth IRA account.

I currently have accounts with Edward Jones because my parents use them, and there is no way in hell I'm giving them any commission on the rollover. Essentially I'll be moving all of my accounts from EJ to a personal platform before the end of the year, as I don't think they are adding any value with their services at this point in my life/risk tolerance.

Is TD Ameritrade my best bet? Looks to be the most reputable site with best reviews/scores etc.

Guys,

I just left my job and have a Roth 401 I need to rollover to my personal Roth IRA account.

I currently have accounts with Edward Jones because my parents use them, and there is no way in hell I'm giving them any commission on the rollover. Essentially I'll be moving all of my accounts from EJ to a personal platform before the end of the year, as I don't think they are adding any value with their services at this point in my life/risk tolerance.

Is TD Ameritrade my best bet? Looks to be the most reputable site with best reviews/scores etc.

:lol: TD more reputable than Vanguard or Fidelity? Not a chance.

to me as a trader TD is way more valuable than Fidelity or Vanguard. I dont know about 401k wise though

How do y'all feel about DLIA?
Not big on penny stocks b.c it's hard to find out the whole story.  So many of them are pump and dumps.

I would look at it from the sidelines, even though retail is big right now with Xmas season and all, you dont know who has the majority of the shares and how they would manipulate those shares.

For more on penny stocks I would go to Timsykes.com

> Nov 24

after

ANFI - Amira Nature Foods
BRCD - Brocade Communications
NUAN - Nuance Communications
PANW - Palo Alto Networks
POST - Post Holdings
QIHU - Qihoo 360 Technology
WDAY - Workday

> Nov 25

before

CBRL - Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
CPB - Campbell Soup
DANG - E-Commerce China Dangdang
DSW - DSW
DSX - Diana Shipping
HRL - Hormel Foods
TIF - Tiffany & Co
VAL - The Valspar Corporation

after

ADI - Analog Devices
AVAV - AeroVironment
HPQ - Hewlett-Packard

> Nov 26

before

DE - Deere & Company
SDRL - SeaDrill

How do y'all feel about DLIA?
every penny stock is ********. doesn't mean you can't play them, but you can't trust them. you need to be familiar with level 2 if you're playing penny stocks. and you need liquidity. nothing worse than buying something you can't sell.

In*

I've been funding a brokerage account on Etrade for a while now but haven't really invested in anything yet. So far, I've been watching AKS, AMD and KKD. 

Alright guys, I need a favor and would appreciate not getting flamed for it. I'm aware this information may be found with a diligent search but I'm being upfront and honest when I say I don't have the time at the moment.

My brother-in-law is a young businessman/entrepreneur who is just now beginning to dabble in the stock market and is showing a lot of enthusiasm for it. I'm his "secret santa" for the family pool and would like to get him a good book for beginners. I have seen time and again lurking this thread that many of you would attribute your knowledge and principles to certain books. I'd like to get some of your recommendations. I'm aware theres a list on the OP but it is expansive and I'm looking for "the ONE", so to speak. (Although I'm aware it doesn't exist).

I've added the list in the OP for reference:

Brian Shannon's Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes
William O'Neil's How to Make Money in Stocks
Jesse Livermore's How To Trade Stocks
David Linton's Cloud Charts
The Metaphysics of Wall Street by Justin Stone
1. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
2. One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch
3. The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing by Pat Dorsey
4. The Neatest Little Guide To Stock Market Investing by Jason Kelly
5. How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas
6. A Beginner's Guide To Investing - How To Grow Your Money the Smart and Easy Way by Alex H. Frey
7. Stock Market Investing For Beginners - Tycho Press
8. Financial Fitness Forever by Paul Merriman
9. Live It Up Without Outliving Your Money! by Paul Merriman
10. First-Time Investor Grow and Protect Your Money by Paul Merriman
11. 101 Investment Decisions Guaranteed To Change Your Financial Future by Paul Merriman
Trading In The Zone
Beyond Fear and Greed
Think Twice

if you need to pick just one, O'Neill's might be the most balanced. I never read Graham's book but a lot of people speak highly on it. Shannon's book is great for learning technical analysis, but O'Neill's has some fundies insight in there as well.

Did a put fly in GLD 98-101-104 Jan expiration. Only got filled on a 5 lot at .08. Looking to add more tomorrow.

Interesting little read/graphs on profits and taxes for a select few companies

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/me...ir-taxes-fall-2014-11-25?mod=mw_share_twitter

Last edited:
I find this graphic really interesting for GS

View media item 1281991
silver under 15 bucks an ounce. been adding physical past 2 weeks. 10 oz bars from providentmetals.com gives you your best bang for your buck at the moment. been a little early to the party but i plan on holding this stuff for a long time. totally fine with holding onto it and passing it onto future generations if i ever have kids.

added more to my GLD put fly on wednesday. also did a GLD put spread Feb expiration 105-101. just a 5 lot for .40 per 1 lot. let's see if these metals keep crashing.

Last edited:
> Dec 3

before

ANF - Abercrombie
BF.A / BF.B - Brown-Forman
GIII - G-iii Apparel

after

ARO - Aeropostale
AVGO - Avago Technologies
GES - Guess
PVH - PVH Corp

> Dec 4

before

BKS - Barnes & Noble
DG - Dollar General
KR - Kroger Co
SHLD - Sears Holdings Corporation
UNFI - United Natural Foods

after

AEO - American Eagle Outfitters
AMBA - Ambarella
COO - The Cooper Companies
FIVE - Five Below
SWHC - Smith & Wesson
Ulta - Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance

Late post.

ARO still hanging on by a thread (heh). BKS I'd expect them to keep taking hits on sales with Amazon & the Kindle eating up the market.

My mutual fund paid out a dividend of $2.03 per share the other day and Disney just announced $1.15 dividend per share 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Playing a little UOA today

Grabbed 20 GE 26 puts expiring next week for about .19 paid about a nickel over paper
Grabbed 15 IDTI Jan 21 calls for .60

Gold shorts look lousy but I'm comfortable with the dollar amount risked.

Wanted to get in some ONNN Jan 10 calls yesterday for .35 but couldn't get filled. Einhorn took a position apparently.

I'd love to short this GS eventually but chart looks good, could get hot over 192 so it doesn't make sense to force a short trade even though fundies support my thesis. Might do a put fly eventually if I get a favorable fill and risk only 200 bucks.

Triple bottom and not a descending triangle.  I think we'll see a move to $5.70 in the near future.  Look for a pullback after that level though to at least to $5.30 area but if it breaks through at $5.70 instead of reversing hold for a nice reversal. 

yrwb yrwb are those fibonnacis on your chart? How do you like using them? I've never used them myself, I'm more an ichimoku guy, but I've always been intrigued by them.

I added a basic guide to UOA in the OP in case anyone is interested. Feel free to ask any questions and if I could help, I will.

I strongly recommend you guys follow @OphirGottlieb of CML on TWTR. He posts some great charts filled with interesting fundamental data.

I have no data supporting this, but for some reason I have a gut feeling one day in the future VSLR gets taken over by one of these bigger solar companies looking for a residential presence. Gonna keep an eye on it, see if it holds a trend.

Last edited:
@YRWB are those fibonnacis on your chart? How do you like using them? I've never used them myself, I'm more an ichimoku guy, but I've always been intrigued by them.

I added a basic guide to UOA in the OP in case anyone is interested. Feel free to ask any questions and if I could help, I will.

I strongly recommend you guys follow @OphirGottlieb of CML on TWTR. He posts some great charts filled with interesting fundamental data.

I have no data supporting this, but for some reason I have a gut feeling one day in the future VSLR gets taken over by one of these bigger solar companies looking for a residential presence. Gonna keep an eye on it, see if it holds a trend.
Yes those are fibonnacis on the chart.  I just started using them so I can't really say if I like them one way or another.  I thought it was interesting how Sprints chart was hitting the Fibonnaci levels pretty regularly though so I figured I'd post it in here for other people to be aware of. 

Back
Top Bottom