OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

INVN catching a little bid today, Based :pimp: Bought 15 INVN Jan 17.50 calls for .35.

Considering going in on some of these offshore drillers..
Just make sure you have a plan. Only bad trade is the one made without a plan/without risk in mind.

Grabbed 3 VSLR July 10 calls for 1.95. Bit of a pricy feeler/lotto play. Just wanna pay attention to this name.

In some AMKR Jan 7 calls for .45. Little UOA lotto play.

Last edited:
INVN catching a little bid today, Based :pimp: Bought 15 INVN Jan 17.50 calls for .35.

Considering going in on some of these offshore drillers..
Just make sure you have a plan. Only bad trade is the one made without a plan/without risk in mind.

Grabbed 3 VSLR July 10 calls for 1.95. Bit of a pricy feeler/lotto play. Just wanna pay attention to this name.

In some AMKR Jan 7 calls for .45. Little UOA lotto play.

Was looking at some calls when it was around 13.50. Haven't traded in a while. Been busy :smh:

I thought about it at that level as well, but didn't pull the trigger till now. Hopefully it gets up in that gap. I've been swinging stuff more lately. Less of a headache than day trading :lol:

Read this from the bottom to top. Good break down on sweeps. @HedgeBound is a good follow. Just remember there's blow out risk when selling options naked. It's not for a beginner whatsoever. And if you sell a put/call spread which has a defined risk-reward, just make sure you manage your position on the day of expiration so you don't get assigned stock.

HedgeBound @HedgeBound · 2m 2 minutes ago
I personally buy stock and sell options that Fast Money is Nailing bc I want the Inflated Premium. IV works on a Demand Curve.

HedgeBound @HedgeBound · 5m 5 minutes ago
I personally consider a block "10,000" options. These are filled by firms. There aren't usually 10k offers just sitting. It must be filled [emoji]9742[/emoji]

HedgeBound @HedgeBound · 7m 7 minutes ago
After a decent sized sweep, Market Makers have algorithms that detect the purchase of calls they sold. They must buy Stock. Stock pops.

HedgeBound @HedgeBound · 10m 10 minutes ago
Brokers have the abilities to run an order across 9+ exchanges taking out all available offers for a price agreed upon. A Sweep Order.

HedgeBound @HedgeBound · 11m 11 minutes ago
I call my broker...I've got an order. Whudda ya need. I need 1,500 Dec $75 calls in $GPRO...between $x.xx &x.xx. Quote me.

HedgeBound @HedgeBound · 17m 17 minutes ago
Aggressive Market Participants want to Sweep All Available Exchanges for a price within a specific range to fill an order. Usually on offer.

HedgeBound @HedgeBound · 18m 18 minutes ago
How many traders do not know what an "intermarket sweep" is? Very important type of order to watch for when looking at options flow...

dropping another gem on options spreads read in order this time
HedgeBound ‏@HedgeBound 8m8 minutes ago
I am about to reveal an Options trick...it tells you whether or not the bid ask spread is competitive or not. This is a MM secret.

HedgeBound ‏@HedgeBound 8m8 minutes ago
I think many traders try to play Top Gun and just jump into the Fighter Jet seat without time on the SIM or beginner Aircraft...

HedgeBound ‏@HedgeBound 7m7 minutes ago
Competitive Bid/Ask Spread: Locate the "vega" of an option. A Decimal value. ".20" now compare this to Bid/Ask Spread.....

HedgeBound ‏@HedgeBound 5m5 minutes ago
If the spread of the bid/ask is in line with the "vega" portion of an options value OR LESS. It is competitively priced.

HedgeBound ‏@HedgeBound 5m5 minutes ago
$PCLN spreads are $1.30+ and the vega is usually lets say ".5". This is NOT competitive. The spread is 2x the vega. GET OUT!!--->

One thing I wanna work on this week, paying more attention to order flow, not just UOA, but strong flow in general. Was complacent and missed out on a great JNJ play with calls jumping 30 cents plus in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:
taking a lottery ticket on ODP Jan 8 calls for .20. grabbed 15. some big size coming in there's been takeover rumors maybe it happens. comfortable with the risk if this doesn't work.

I'm offering 8 calls at .40, if these get sold, I'll let the rest ride.

i posted a video on volume profile trading in the OP. havent watched it yet but i wanna add volume profile to my toolbox. i've heard good things about it from some smart people.

if i had the margin i probably could've been gamma scalping INVN.

Last edited:
my account looks like **** :smh: gamma scalping AMKR and INVN would've been solid moves if I had the ability to do so. could've scalped puts instead of shorting stock, but I'm low on buying power in general.

ODP looked so good and poof, back to the price paper paid.

TSLA short looking solid

JNJ long ehh not so much. Prob going to cut it off in the morning unless something convinces me to hold it

paper buying some Dec INVN calls 15.50 and 16.50 boosting the IV for my Jan 17.50 calls. Offering half at a double (.60) let's see if i get filled.

Edit: I took 10 contracts off at .50, have 20 remaining, offering 5 at .60.

Edit: **** it I'm taking the rest off for .50. Need to pay myself and build this account up. Will look for a dip to get back in on.

Took IDTI off for scratch. Wanna free up some cash.

Last edited:
Any podcasts to help someone learn about investing in the stock market? Not really looking to actually invest, just want to learn the terminology and how things work.

Not too sure about podcasts but JRS did an extensive first post that you should checkout if you haven't already. There are plenty of books to get into. Maybe an audio book is what you're looking for?

i've been wanting to do a podcast but i'm no pro :lol: just wanna chop it up about stocks and order flow and what not

Not too sure about podcasts but JRS did an extensive first post that you should checkout if you haven't already. There are plenty of books to get into. Maybe an audio book is what you're looking for?

Yeah probably. I do a lot of driving, or usually have headphones in but don't have time to sit and read a book. Like I said, not looking to jump in and invest because I'm terrified, but am very interested in learning the about it.

you should only be terrified when you don't have a plan or have more than you can afford to lose in a position.

take your time, listen to some good stuff and start with the ThinkOrSwim simulator. just paper trade for a while to get your feet wet.

Oil:

Weekly
Capture-301418327720.png

Monthly
Capture-141418327825.png

:wow:

Last edited:
$NOG looks like a buy as they could get acquired soon.

What is everyone buying? FSLR has been getting smashed :smh:

NKE should break thru $100 soon on the safe end.

My opinion on this oil nonsense - BUY: Ford F-150 sold 3 times more units than any other car over $50k. Those use energy, right?

Last edited:
I'm not interested in FSLR till o/u 35.70 holds. I'm still learning volume profile so Idk if I'm reading it right or not but there could be downside risk to 25 there unless it gets back over 52.

GPRO could see 43 with this lock up expiration coming up. Again, not sure if I'm reading the volume profile correctly or not, but that seems like a level of intrigue.

I need to do more studying on this tool tbh.

Paper just bought $15 calls for INVN expiring tomorrow. There's been some takeover chatter. Would like to see a dip to get into some March calls. Not crazy about January premium in this one since it could just chop around. Buying Jan 20s now, geez, I better not regret selling my position early :lol: I have no buying power to get back in today. Oh well let's see it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom