OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

My opinion on this oil nonsense - BUY BUY BUY: Ford F-150 sold 3 times more than any other car over $50k. Those use energy, right?

Not sure I follow you there. The sales of a particular truck model is an indication of future global oil prices?

Not sure I follow you there. The sales of a particular truck model is an indication of future global oil prices?

It was sarcasm, that small fact obviously isn't going to reenergize the entire oil market. I think a lot of people are booking year end losses by selling energy stocks and it might make for a pretty good buying opportunity.

Also, your avatar is disturbing.

took 2/3 of my ODP position off at .40 and .50 only holding 5 calls now with an offer at .70.

got back into INVN March 16 calls just 3 for now at 1.75 will add more on a dip. thought about adding some Jan 20s at .20 for a lotto but passed on the idea.

grabbed some CY calls Jan 14s for .50, took a target at .60 and have offers out at .70, .80 and 1. Have 20 total right now.

paper bought a bunch of Feb 27 USO calls for .32 but I'm not interested in trying to catch that knife. could be a short hedge.

Edit: **** it pulled the trigger on 10 INVN Jan 20 lottery tickets for .20.

Last edited:
Took CY off at .80 nice trade here, all out.
Took the rest of ODP off as well at .40.

Grabbed another 5 March 16 INVN calls for 1.75. Probably done adding in that one.

Last edited:
Closed JNJ for a loss. Gave it a little room but this stock looks weak

Took partial profits on TSLA short near 204

JNJ looked really good for a few days but it kept rejecting that high volume node of 109.34. wouldnt surprise me if this is a shakeout and it gets through it in the future. Watching 102 and that 100.70 level if it tests (point of control). If it holds could get back going, if not 99 is probably inevitable.

INVN looking lil weak today. I got March calls to give it time to work, we'll see what happens.

I'm gonna dive in with about 300 on some pennys
learn level 2 and don't drink the kool aid. penny's are all ********.

added 5 more INVN calls at 1.65 and 1.70 :lol: full size now (15 March 16s, 10 Jan 20 lottos) i like this gap hopefully it gets through 15.68 with volume and starts making a move toward that gap.

buying some garbage today grabbed some Jan 10 VJET calls for .10 lotto play grabbed 15. literally a trash stock but it's on 52 week lows an i wanna take the gamble that this pops into the new year. literal trash tho.

Last edited:
> DEC 15

after

PAY - VeriFone Systems

> DEC 16

before

DRI - Darden Restaurants

after

PLAY - Dave & Buster's Entertainment

> DEC 17

before

FDX - FedEx Corp
GIS - General Mills
JOY - Joy Global

after

JBL - Jabil Circuit
ORCL - Oracle Corp

> Dec 18

before

ACN - Accenture
CAG - Conagra Foods
PIR - Pier 1 Imports
RAD - Rite Aid

after

CTAS - Cintas Corp
NKE - Nike
RHT - Red Hat

> Dec 19

before

BBRY - Blackberry
FINL - Finish Line
KMX - Carmax
PAYX - Paychex

Just watched Wolf of Wallstreet. Interesting movie. Made me come back to this thread to start learning officially. 

This is really just a p4l

EDIT: What online trade sites, if any, do you guys use? Haven't seen that mentioned here

Last edited:
I use ThinkOrSwim for charting and ETrade as my broker. Tos is possibly the best free software out there imo ETrade is meh as a broker.

posting for later, ive been trying to get into this for years...i just need time to learn and enough confidence to take the first step. Almost all affluent people I know or run into has money invested into stock.

Just started using Think or Swim last night - no idea what I'm doing. I'll be watching videos to help me learn though 

Just started using Think or Swim last night - no idea what I'm doing. I'll be watching videos to help me learn though 
i mean this the best way possible, if you don't know what you're doing, you have no business putting real money into the market. you'll lose it, trust me. just learn for now and execute on paper for a few months or use TOS paper trading platform. it's imperative to start on the right note for your psychology so you don't develop bad habits or just get tossed aside.

posting for later, ive been trying to get into this for years...i just need time to learn and enough confidence to take the first step. Almost all affluent people I know or run into has money invested into stock.
Start paper trading on a simulator to get your feet wet. you have nothing to lose so you could learn and not be afraid.

did put fly on GOOGL Jan 17 expiration 440-460-480 for 1.55. Just a 1 lot. like the risk-reward here, chart is ugly and i'm playing for a gap fill. if i'm wrong, i lose 165 bucks, no biggie. if i'm right, I'm diddy bopping.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread. I want to take a stab at this but honestly, I didn't go to college so a lot of this is rather confusing to undrstand. I've got roughly $5K that I could invest but I'm not gonna lie...I am scared to death. Wolf Of Wall Street got me more interested than ever but at the same time got me more scared than ever as well LOL!

Thanks for this thread. I want to take a stab at this but honestly, I didn't go to college so a lot of this is rather confusing to undrstand. I've got roughly $5K that I could invest but I'm not gonna lie...I am scared to death. Wolf Of Wall Street got me more interested than ever but at the same time got me more scared than ever as well LOL!
you don't need a formal education honestly, you learn the most through experience. 90% of traders fail and lose money so my advice to you, open up a paper trading account and spend 6 months to a year in there as you learn the ropes. that way you'll have nothing to fear and could just focus on improving and developing a strategy that works for you.

Wolf of Wall Street is an anomaly. You don't make that kind of crazy money unless you're screwing people over. However, you could build an account at a reasonable pace and make decent side cash. Try to hit homers, you'll fail, bat to get on base, and you'll succeed. Small gains add up, just focus on trading/investing well. Read and study as much as possible before stepping to the plate with real money.

Last edited:
@JohnnyRedStorm
 Exactly what I plan to do
Good stuff. I learned the hard way and tried to get out there slinging size before I was ready and it backfired big time. Cost me money and confidence. Take your time and always manage your risk.

Grabbed another 5 INVN calls at 1.60. Ok now I think I'm full size :lol:

If we don't close off these lows today, SPY could see 196 and then 191.

Last edited:
Took some more TSLA off around 200

JNJ could make a rebound but I'm not getting back in just yet. I think if/when this market rolls over it will be bloody

the volatility has been crazy, been swing trading the hell outta RCAP...looking to re-enter MU...or venture into HABT

any idea when oil bottoms? i'm staying away for now but maybe sometime 2015 i'll make a play

INVN is a real see u next tuesday

:lol: this **** bounced right off the point of control. had a feeling it would when it started washing eod. really getting the hang of volume profile. nice little tool to gauge magnets/resistance/support.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom