OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Fidelity is the definition of legit. In business over 70 years. They are their own clearinghouse. They handle over a TRILLION dollars. And it is rare, RARE, to hear any controversies from them. They also offer the most research for users.

Some people don’t like the UI, especially compared to RH. That’s the one complaint I hear about them. I don’t have a problem with it.
I like
Fidelity
But their platform is not fast enough for option traders

Max it out! My biggest regret in life is not maxing my 401k from the beginning of my career. It’ll cost me over a million in retirement.

Same here had none in my 20s.....dont give up....you can catch up....I did...have 2 retirement accounts one Roth one ira and now I ‘m ahead of where I should be at this point.....I left A few jobs over the last 7 years....each time I left I took My 401k money out and transferred to TDA and mange my own buying/selling........this is your retirement $, you need to be conservative can’t take chances on GME type plays.....

Some people value having savings more than building money in 401k....I disagree With that opinion. 6-9 months for bills if you lose job.....maybe more if you’re saving for house or investing....

Want to know why I kept telling people not to chase, not to average down and to be careful with buying garbage, it was because while you all were losing your **** watching the 10 o’clock news, I was sitting here having watched the original broadcast at 6 and knowing the potential outcome. All of this stuff is cyclical. It’ll happen again to some degree in the future. Remember, don’t forget, and avoid the mistakes.

A lot of you missed amazing opportunities to buy great growth stocks at a 15-30% discount that have already recovered a lot since Melvin and other funds liquidated to cover their shirts. Something I said would happen.

Now it’s your job to respect the market and look for real opportunity, instead of buying more garbage because you’re down on it. You never average down on losers, it’s how you blow up.

There are still plenty of good stocks out there on sale. Buy real companies with real growth and create wealth before it is too late.

The smart ones have been boxing this short squeeze the entire time while using the long side profits to build their short position.

Instead of gambling and hoping for a lotto ticket, why don’t you go out and grab a great company that has a strong CAGR or buy an index fund. I guarantee you will be more likely to create wealth this way than trying to gamble off finding the next great penny stock which will put you on the path to being average at best and never beating the market consistently.

I’ve been DCA into some mutual funds in my daughter’s custodial account, but I’m going to start buying a couple of stocks for her with great long term upside. It’ll be a balanced portfolio that isn’t too aggressive but focused on stocks benefiting from the thematics thst Ark mentioned in their big ideas.

Thinking so far about buying: GOOGL (deep learning, automation, fsd) BEAM (base editing), FB (virtual worlds), PYPL (digital wallet), PSNL (liquid biopsy). This gives me two very high risk/high reward plays which would be worth 5% each, and 3 blue chips that should grow safely over the next decade as they continue to redefine themselves. Ideally these are stocks that she can own for her lifetime (BEAM and PSNL will be bought out by then). If I wanted to be more aggressive I could swap PYPL with square or SoFi. We’ll see.

havent cemented my choices yet and will be building this over the long haul. The first purchase would probably be some beam and fb since they’re on sale.
Speaking of index funds, all my long term retirement investments are scattered around mutual funds.

took a look at my Roth IRA this past weekend. I have been maxing it out since I graduated college and it’s now worth more than double what I put in.

I asked a ton of my WSB friends investing in meme stocks what their long term goals were and crickets. I know everyone is different but just couldn’t imagine gambling everything on this market and relying on it to get rich. If it doesn’t pan out, still left with literally no long term plan

Father Time is undefeated. And that applies with compound interest and investing

As far as the future medicine angle with the whole DNA and targeted medicine made from DNA. What's everyones thoughts on the rumor that 23 and Me is going public thru spaq? I'm talking as far as the library and data they have from the last 15-20 years of people sending in their DNA. They have to have quite the library made already and I'm sure it's worth a pretty penny. They already have partnerships with Biogen, Pfizer, Genentech, P&G beauty, and Alnylam Pharmaceutical. Also GlaxoSmithKline put up $300 mil in a funding round back in 2018.

As far as the future medicine angle with the whole DNA and targeted medicine made from DNA. What's everyones thoughts on the rumor that 23 and Me is going public thru spaq? I'm talking as far as the library and data they have from the last 15-20 years of people sending in their DNA. They have to have quite the library made already and I'm sure it's worth a pretty penny. They already have partnerships with Biogen, Pfizer, Genentech, P&G beauty, and Alnylam Pharmaceutical. Also GlaxoSmithKline put up $300 mil in a funding round back in 2018.
I want to read the investor presentation when it comes out because I'm honestly unfamiliar, but there's good r/r in VGAC at this level if the rumor comes true.

Currently use Vanguard as that’s where I opened my first IRA accounts. Not sure I love it but it gets the job done.

Speaking of Motley Fool

In a physician/doctor group (white coat investor, etc) most advise a boglehead type of fund and most love VTSAX. But someone took the 2 monthly stocks proposed by MF from the beginning (2002) and put $1000 into each a day after it was emailed out. Amount was about 5X vs VTSAX.

E45BCFB8-D6CD-49B7-8AE3-BC6018028518.jpeg

Currently use Vanguard as that’s where I opened my first IRA accounts. Not sure I love it but it gets the job done.

Speaking of Motley Fool

In a physician/doctor group (white coat investor, etc) most advise a boglehead type of fund and most love VTSAX. But someone took the 2 monthly stocks proposed by MF from the beginning (2002) and put $1000 into each a day after it was emailed out. Amount was about 5X vs VTSAX.

E45BCFB8-D6CD-49B7-8AE3-BC6018028518.jpeg
This is certainly what MF advertises and I’m not doubting it in theory but these numbers don’t add up. When did this analysis end?

what a huge buying opportunity last week was!!
I learned something from last week and March, when we see these big selling moves, it's usually tied to hedge funds being over leveraged and forced to liquidate. If there is no intrinsic reason to sell, these are some of the best buying opportunities retail can ever ask for. Because once the liquidations end and the funds can rebalance, these stocks have and will go right back to where they were in due time. Forced liquidations should be our holy grail opportunity moving forward.
Wish I bought more JMIA
I was over here selling this piece by piece the entire melt up because it didn't make sense to me with earnings coming up. Still don't think the stock should be trading up here but the AMZN rumor is propping it up until earnings come. The one thing I will say that might lend some truth to the Amazon rumor, or two things rather, JMIA already has the logistics side of business laid out and that was the hard part, in addition, JMIA has not been raising cash at all on this ride when they should've preannounced and done so, this tells me there might be some truth here in a partnership or a buy out.

Back
Top Bottom