OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

It honestly makes me a little sad how much activity the bitcoin thread gets everyday compared to this thread. This thread is a ghost town, not sure why NT wants to blindly go into cryptocurrencies but this thread is dead. Maybe I'm biased since I've fallen in love with the stock market, but I just don't see the appeal of buying a currency, as opposed to buying companies that can actually be researched on..

It's because bitcoin is more of a gamble and "exciting." There's also a lot of conspiracy theories and other side-plots when it comes to bitcoins specifically.

Investing is boring.

The world of stocks and investing may be more confusing to folks

I can see how it can be intimidating for people who aren't knowledgeable for sure. I guess I was just comparing it to the bitcoin thread, where it seems over half of those people know nothing about it, but are throwing money into it. Especially the people investing money into the coins other than bitcoin, that are worth less than $1

Last edited:
It's because bitcoin is more of a gamble and "exciting." There's also a lot of conspiracy theories and other side-plots when it comes to bitcoins specifically.

Investing is boring.

I don't find anything boring about investing in stocks. Maybe buying and selling actual stocks that aren't volatile, but I trade options and there's nothing boring about seeing your investment go down or up hundreds in a couple of minutes :lol:. Or buying a bunch of puts before an ER or during a run. If that's not like what you mentioned then I don't know what to say

Last edited:
NVDA doing work.

Man, I played them so bad. Bought them at $119 before their last earnings, saw them getting sold off, so when they beat earnings again I sold my shares at $121 thinking they might take another dip :smh:. NVDA is on fire and now they have Toyota using their GPUs. I'm looking (hoping) for another pullback, so I can get back in. At the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised if they touch $200 and never go back under $100.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm , any analysis on NVDA?

Been a major cash cow for me in the simulator game. Love the company and CEO. Worth a look on a dip but be careful cause of the run up, one bad report will have tons of profit taking sell it off. 130 should be the next level of support but it'll prob break through there to 125 possibly, and it needs to hold 120 on that break out point for it to consolidate and continue higher otherwise gap fill is possible. Test and hold of 120 would be a nice entry if it can maintain the breakout point.

Last edited:
Getting ugly out there
Last 5 days have been rough

So much money to be made with all these Chinese eCommerce companies :x. All I've been playing these past 2 weeks daily, 150% gains so far, not going to stop playing them anytime soon. The market in general is so bullish its insane, though. Money to be made everywhere and no one is in here!

Which companies?

Getting ugly out there
Last 5 days have been rough

So much money to be made with all these Chinese eCommerce companies :x. All I've been playing these past 2 weeks daily, 150% gains so far, not going to stop playing them anytime soon. The market in general is so bullish its insane, though. Money to be made everywhere and no one is in here!

Which companies?

My exact question

Bitcoin thread people are sharing info and what not and specifics

In here people boast about what they buy, about to buy, about to blow up but don't reveal anything like it's gonna have any affect on the money they will invest and make.

Yea crypto ain't as hard but people are sharing info and random **** that's on the rise for those who wouldn't even search or know. Yes it's a gamble but dudes don't care. I mean I'm not buying half the **** in that thread minus the two I know but like I said, they're giving people heads up and to do research prior to purchasing if they're feeling confident

This summer is gonna be a bloodbath.
"Sell in May and go away" might never have been more appropriate :lol: I'm selling off my GOP friendly stocks. GD today, VLO tomorrow after the exdiv hits. No telling where the market goes with the political climate becoming more unstable by the day.

My exact question

In here people boast about what they buy, about to buy, about to blow up but don't reveal anything like it's gonna have any affect on the money they will invest and make.

Yea crypto ain't as hard but people are sharing info and random **** that's on the rise for those who wouldn't even search or know. Yes it's a gamble but dudes don't care. I mean I'm not buying half the **** in that thread minus the two I know but like I said, they're giving people heads up and to do research prior to purchasing if they're feeling confident

:lol:

I don't say which stocks I buy because I honestly think people don't care...I also don't want to be that guy that posts all his moves, so im just not specific. but they are $JD $BABA, and $WB (not ecommerce but chinese). No one even asked me which ones until now, nor did i talk about them before :lol: :smh:. I also don't think anyone will follow advice from a stranger (hope not), so i dont think it matters to post

the market is a bloodbath right now! I sold my positions, going to be buying puts tomorrow and following this trend, but I'll see tomorrow at open how it goes...

Last edited:
My exact question

:lol:

I don't say which stocks I buy because I honestly think people don't care...I also don't want to be that guy that posts all his moves, so im just not specific. but they are $JD $BABA, and $WB (not ecommerce but chinese). No one even asked me which ones until now, nor did i talk about them before :lol: :smh:. I also don't think anyone will follow advice from a stranger (hope not), so i dont think it matters to post

the market is a bloodbath right now! I sold my positions, going to be buying puts tomorrow and following this trend, but I'll see tomorrow at open how it goes...

wasn't specifically talking to you but meant in general.

if someone blindly takes someones advices and jumps in, thats on them :lol:

Selling put spreads when you're bullish in a high volatility environment :pimp: I miss trading, just don't have the time right now. Got a student who's been reading up on the market so I've been schooling him a little after classes. Gotta stop at my parents house and give him some books I have.

NVDA, amongst others, took a hit today because of the Trump/FBI stuff. Debating on grabbing a couple shares in the morning or waiting to see if it goes through the $125/$120 support johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm was mentioning.

NVDA, amongst others, took a hit today because of the Trump/FBI stuff. Debating on grabbing a couple shares in the morning or waiting to see if it goes through the $125/$120 support johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm was mentioning.

everything basically took a hit today because of that. who knows what happens tomorrow. All I know is if I even feel the market not in green im buying s&p puts right away

Buying the dips has been working so well the past couple years. Will keep doing it until I get screwed [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Brazil index down 16% after corruption scandal hits pro business president.

This is going to hurt me in the NT stock game :x

Back
Top Bottom