OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

My homie cant stop telling me crypto is the move. He went from 3k to 21k, started in November. Yesterday in a span of 24 hours went from 21k to 29k.
You can get wild gains in both markets. Hell the wildest move I ever seen in my life was SPI moving 3800% in one day back in September

Just scooped this up from barnes and noble after grabbing my Carmine's today, with the recommendation coming from the NTSTOCKGAWD johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm 😂
Can never learn enough about this game

PXL_20210213_230756576.jpg

S southernhospita

I get it, those are all a valid critiques. If you know what you’re doing then you should be fine with whatever platform works for you, even RH.

My gripe is that RH targets younger/inexperienced investors and makes it super easy to make risky bets. They also don’t offer much research. I’ve never had Fidelity freeze more than a couple seconds. RH froze for HOURS last year during one of the worst trading days of the year, so people lost a ton. And now the whole not being able to buy YOLO stocks ordeal, people lost a ton again. They can have the best UI in the world but they’re still trash as a company, borderline criminal.
That UI is soo good and easy on the eyes thooo :blush:

I was turning into a SNAP bull and discussing AR ads with my friend and he straight up said, do you really think they’re the only ones that will do that? And I paused and said you’re right, no, and instantly became a big U bull since they power the tech behind SNAP’s AR ads venture. I do like SNAP overall (very expensive up here though) but it might be best to just go for the jugular with the source that should eventually work with everyone.

I don’t believe in dividend investing if you’re in the growth stage of your life, but I do LOVE stocks with good growth that offer dividends like MSFT AAPL NVDA etc

I was actually about to post this and it fits the convo perfectly

Growth investing will eventually have more volatility and be harder, but that’s why you need to search for the opportunities that are misunderstood or under developed. Thematics first, fundamentals second has become my process here.

yea every company will, but snap’s platform makes the transition most seamless.I’m not saying buy snap, but PLEASE don’t sell

Also,I read a screenplay about Siegel called “Frat Boy Genius” and at its core, snap is an entertainment company, not necessarily a tech company. I know アミーゴ アミーゴ got some things to say ab this

Good thread if you’re new or unfamiliar with fundamental analysis

if you’re in the mood for a gamble, take a look at YI. Chinese Teladoc. Triple digit revenue growth but only $6 million in sales. You could use the swing low of 20 as your risk, don’t be foolish or reckless. Let’s see if they pump it back up, China bas been hot, especially piggy backing off successful American thematics (TIGR, FUTU, BQ). No position here.

Last edited:
This GOGO chart is textbook for second chances after a breakout. Notice the retests of the 21 ema after it broke out and failed during the GME hype. You don’t need to chase breakouts with any size. You buy a small starter position and if they pull back to the 21 ema, you size in. If they never pull back, you wait for a base to size in.
1613348015074.png

The "Buffett indicator," total stock market capitalization to GDP, broke through its all-time-high 2000 record. In 2020, there were 480 IPOs (including an incredible 248 SPACs2) – more new listings than the 406 IPOs in 2000. There are 150 non-micro-cap companies (that is, with market capitalization of over $250 million) that have more than tripled in the year, which is over 3 times as many as any year in the previous decade. The volume of small retail purchases, of less than 10 contracts, of call options on U.S. equities has increased 8-fold compared to 2019, and 2019 was already well above long-run average

A long but very good read from a market vet and his experience with bubbles. Just wanted to add some perspective amongst the extremely bullish sentiments floating around these days. Im still balls to the wall long but I would be lying if i said i wasnt worried, i think we all instinctively realize how precarious and unsubstantiated this market is whether we want to admit it or act on it or not. Diversification is what is going to make or break the bulls when this thing finally turns. Heavy allocation in growth tech should be something you might want to reevaluate.

Anybody want to share their strategy on when they add more shares (or more cash) into a winning position I know somebody somewhere does this

Great earnings reports that show a stock is undervalued still or on deep pull backs to the 70 dma that happen for no fundamental reason.

Question about asset allocation strategy during the crash in March 2020. What did everyone do during that crash with their 401k and investment portfolios?

Did you let the 401k ride it out or did you try to rebalance? Did you put stop loss limits on your names to take in profits or did you plan to ride it out?

In retrospect, anyone who “bought the dip” got some discounts of a lifetime (until the next crash or recession at least) but the markets during March were wild. We were hitting limit downs right at the open and almost every other hour at one point. Some people were DCA-ing only to see that the markets hit new lows the next day before they almost eventually ran out of cash to buy anymore dips because they got caught trying to catch a falling knife. While the market did recover, obviously, many were skeptical at first as many still thought that there was still significant downside risk (I learned not to underestimate the Fed).

That crash was a huge learning experience so I’d see what everyone’s strategies were to see if we could all learn from it. It’s obviously impossible to “time the market” but seeing all of the prior year’s gains being wiped out and then some was absolutely terrifying, even if I’m a “long-term” investor.

Question about asset allocation strategy during the crash in March 2020. What did everyone do during that crash with their 401k and investment portfolios?

Did you let the 401k ride it out or did you try to rebalance? Did you put stop loss limits on your names to take in profits or did you plan to ride it out?

In retrospect, anyone who “bought the dip” got some discounts of a lifetime (until the next crash or recession at least) but the markets during March were wild. We were hitting limit downs right at the open and almost every other hour at one point. Some people were DCA-ing only to see that the markets hit new lows the next day before they almost eventually ran out of cash to buy anymore dips because they got caught trying to catch a falling knife. While the market did recover, obviously, many were skeptical at first as many still thought that there was still significant downside risk (I learned not to underestimate the Fed).

That crash was a huge learning experience so I’d see what everyone’s strategies were to see if we could all learn from it. It’s obviously impossible to “time the market” but seeing all of the prior year’s gains being wiped out and then some was absolutely terrifying, even if I’m a “long-term” investor.

I actually switched over to bonds at the end of June 2019.The volatility that trump was creating with his tweets plus the tension he was creating internationally made me think we aren’t going to get much growth unless you day traded those moves, and those funds are usually set it and leave it be for a few months at a time if not years. So I actually made like a 6% return between January till the middle of March 2020 because of those bond mutual funds. I switched over to just cash middle of March, (wasn’t going to fight the fed and you don’t want to be sitting on bonds when fed is expanding like that) and sat on that until about mid June where I went back into an equities fund that tracked the S&P. I didn’t get the massive gains some saw due to my late June entry, but I also didn’t see it crash in March like many did.

Now you can say I sort of timed my investments pretty well but I also took a huge risk that not everyone is willing to take. I also should have probably invested in a high growth equity portfolio fund which would have doubled my 2020 gains. But in hindsight I ended up better than most people so I can’t complain.

I don’t invest in individual stocks like many people in this thread, I usually stick with ETFs and mutual funds because I don’t have time to look at stocks all day like that. I do have some apple which I invested in years ago and kept holding. You really need time to read and research to really get into some of the trading people like ecook and johnny do here and I just don’t have the time. But I follow and read enough financial and world news daily to have a feel for what is going on.

I would look to the internet and great recession crashes as a better corollary to what we will experience next. The March crash was sort of a reset that funneled funds from a few assets classes to the technology sector. This next one will be prolonged with no real upside. In fact, it might be dubbed the grand reset. Everything will be beaten aka revert back to reality.

Back
Top Bottom