OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

Need help guys please. Our local shoe shops don't and won't carry the crusader. Thus, I need to buy online.

My concern is the sizing.

I wear a US 10 with hyperdunk previous release (high cut).
I wear a US 9.5 with CP3 VI.

Should I get 9.5 or 10 for the crusader?

Thanks in advance!

Need help guys please. Our local shoe shops don't and won't carry the crusader. Thus, I need to buy online.

My concern is the sizing.

I wear a US 10 with hyperdunk previous release (high cut).
I wear a US 9.5 with CP3 VI.

Should I get 9.5 or 10 for the crusader?

Thanks in advance!
Is your foot more on the wide side or the narrow side?

My recommendation would probably be the 9.5.  This shoe fits longer than most imo

Went to friends and family weekend at the outlets on Saturday. Was really hoping to find some crusaders and got lucky

$40 each

I played in the blue pair tonight and they felt great. The zoom bags were pretty responsive, lock down was solid, midsole was fairly flexible and the traction was great

Overall , very comfy and lightweight shoe with great performance for the price

My plats come in the mail in a day or two. I'll post pics when they're here and let you guys know how they perform on the indoor court. I know some were curious since they are dubbed the "outdoor" crusader

@Heat on Daily  great find fam.  Definitely interested to hear your take with the outdoor sole indoors

My guess with the outdoor sole is that it'll work fine indoors and if anything, may just need to be broken in a bit.  The only issue I would imagine is that it might be easier to slip with a harder rubber, as it wouldn't flex and grab the indoor surface as well as the thinner/softer outsoles of many of today's shoes.  If you think about it though,  a lot of shoes from the 80s/90s seemed to have thick traction patterns and generally harder rubber was used.  Might not grab quite as well, but still should work.

There are Crusaders with XDR and Crusaders without XDR at D**k's Sporting Goods that just had a grand opening this morning. 
$110 each.
They have the Platinums, All Blue, Oregon colorway, all pink, all red and a red orange one that matches with the orange/blue elites.

Last edited:
There are Crusaders with XDR and Crusaders without XDR at ***** Sporting Goods that just had a grand opening this morning. 

$110 each.

They have the Platinums, All Blue, Oregon colorway, all pink, all red and a red orange one that matches with the orange/blue elites.
do you know what sizes they had in the pink?

I didn't exactly look what size they had for the pink one but it was mostly 8 and up of each size. I think they had more in the back but didn't have space to put hella. 

I have wide feet but my normal size fits fine. Going half a size might give you a lil bit of a dead space up on toebox.
The shoe was hard to put in at first but then it was easy.

Went to friends and family weekend at the outlets on Saturday. Was really hoping to find some crusaders and got lucky

$40 each
View media item 958169

View media item 958170

I played in the blue pair tonight and they felt great. The zoom bags were pretty responsive, lock down was solid, midsole was fairly flexible and the traction was great

Overall , very comfy and lightweight shoe with great performance for the price

My plats come in the mail in a day or two. I'll post pics when they're here and let you guys know how they perform on the indoor court. I know some were curious since they are dubbed the "outdoor" crusader

:x

both the colorways i want and need.

love these shoes for both performance and looks.  they'll soon be transitioned into everyday wear once the season is over in a week.

First run in them last night and I'm a fan. The fit is fantastic (TTS w/elites) thanks to the neoprene sleeve. Transition is great. Cushioning is adequate. I use adequate because I'm coming from the Lebron X and the XX8 SE. Traction was good even for a semi-decent floor.

Just a bit of history -

Lebron X - Love them cushion wise but after using them for so long and finally starting to play some more competitive basketball I felt like they were a bit too high off the ground for me. Some instances I felt like I was rolling over playing defense and cutting. For casual runs they are great.

XX8 SE - I find myself missing these for the CUSHIONING aspect the most. My pair didn't have an official blown tire but the left shoe really started feeling dead under the forefoot and a buddies of mine just popped and sent back to Nike. If this was a non-issue I would probably still be playing in these.

This time around I decided to go with something more "regular" and for the first run it worked. I know the cushion isn't going to be anywhere close to either of the above shoes but for the most part it worked. I would love a little more bounce in the forefoot.

I ultimately chose these over the hyperrev even though when trying on the hyperrevs had more cushion throughout and I might dare say the heel to toe transition was better but I wanted a shoe that would last a bit longer and can endure the rare once in a while outdoor play. And since the hyperrev has no "real" structure and outrigger I was afraid I might experience the same problem of rollovers like I did with the Lebron X's.

Anyone recommend hyperrevs over these?

Ok guys, outdoor plats came in and I brought them straight to the court

I hate to say this, but I did notice a slight decrease in traction between my indoor pair and these. I say minor because it wasn't anything too significant, but at the same time the difference was somewhat noticeable

I'm very interested in seeing if anyone else noticed a difference in this department with indoor vs. outdoor version

Besides that though, everything about the way these perform and feel on court was exactly the same as the indoors

This particular colorway looks really good, and I definitely got a few compliments throughout the couple hours I gave them a run

One thing I was a little surprised about, is how the upper held up. While I can admit that I prefer the look of this fuse upper, to the look of the indoor version's upper, this upper actually didn't hold up as well, which I found interesting. There is about a dime sized area on the toe where the fuse peeled off. Without the fuse there it just looks white. Not much of an issue because the shoes are a light color, but it still kind of bugged me

All in all great shoe, and to the guy above me, I would personally take these over the hyperrev. I feel like the hyperrev lacks support

^ With a more dense sole such as that on the outdoors, wearing them in a little bit on an outdoor court can really improve the traction. Pavement will break-in the rubber faster than an indoor court.

A couple sets of sprints in the parking lot then a wipe-down of the soles will work wonders when you take them to the gym

Anyone else think there's a chance Nike will release a James Harden Crusader PE pack, similar to the Kyrie Hyperrev one that dropped last week?

any chance all of the outdoor go on discount? i want to cop them all especially few of the silver/red

this has got to happen.

Seen a dude ballin in the orange crusaders this weekend at my local gym, can't lie they are super nicee, didn't get to chat with him over how the shoe felt over all, being that the dude is a stocky guy like me, guess I'll have to give these a try myself then. More then likely pick up a XDR pair this weekend.  

finally got around to that lace swap...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom