Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

they already handed out the tickets.
Apparently only 10 of them were handed out and the line was told to clear out.
but word is around 60 people where there?
Kinda makes sense though.... word out there is that each store wasn't really allocated a lot of pairs. Idk though, the older galaxy foams seemed a lot more wearable than these, though tbh the whole printed foam look doesn't really appeal to me that much.

F8D70203-2DB9-43B5-A569-F7CAADA7026C.png
Can anyone help me find the name of these shorts? They’re older but the most comfy Shorts ever?

True blues are the best shoe of all time so I don’t blame you....

I’m embarrassed to say but when I wasn’t as well off, I bought 2 pairs of fake true blues, then 2 pairs of the 2009? I think?

Now I have 2 pairs of the Nike air ones haha so I’m just as bad

Fakes? dang b, thats savage...

I still have to cop the true blues but im in no rush. Black toes next week. I wonder how raffles are going to be handled since Monday is family day. Will the malls that are opened tomorrow hold raffles and malls that are closed will only hold it for one day on Tuesday?

I like blue in general. Got the motorsport IVs as well as true blue. I was tempted to get another pair but I reminded myself they'll just be sitting in a closet lol.
Just picked up a pair of the motor sports on Thursday at Vaughan Mills and damn they’re nice but I gotta put them on ice for a bit, see them around too often right now.

I teach middle school - and our hallways are flooded with motorsports - and this week it will be BC3.

I still wear my 2001s - still love them and happy more people are able to own them as well.

I teach middle school - and our hallways are flooded with motorsports - and this week it will be BC3.

I still wear my 2001s - still love them and happy more people are able to own them as well.
Hahaha you get some cred with your sneakers?

I’m a high school teacher and look for opportunities to break out some jays every Friday, have to bring out the old stuff at school so I don’t look exactly like the kids

Just something that crossed my mind this morning.

So I was one of the lucky guys that actually won the raffle for the Big Bang Foamposite. My original plan was to keep it and display it as a piece ( I think it looks dope IMO). But then I saw a post on Facebook that this guy is buying all of them. After talking to him he offered me $600. Which then I caved in and sold it to him.

My question to fellow members of this group is. Had you ever cop a pair with the intention to keep but decided to sell due its reselling value. And how much is enough to persuade you to sell %? Or $$$ amount ?

Sorry for the long post.

No, I never purchased a pair of shoes with the intention of reselling. I would only resell to downsize and my asking price would be reasonable to move.

Hahaha you get some cred with your sneakers?

I’m a high school teacher and look for opportunities to break out some jays every Friday, have to bring out the old stuff at school so I don’t look exactly like the kids

I teach PE 0.5 - so I can basically wear whatever I want everyday. My students are blown away when I wear shoes older than them. I just wore some 96 Spiridons the other day. They let me know that I am ridiculously old - lol.

Insanely random but I went back on Adidas.ca and saw a pair of black BAPE Dames size 10 sitting... It's a whole size too large but I figured I might as well and see if there's a trade out there. Anyone with the Kobe Protros in a size 9 or some 1.0 Ultra Boosts in a size 9.5 want to hit me up? Haha. I don't know if these things have real value but I figure with the BAPE name attached they'd at least help me get a pair I really want in a trade. Even if it's not in the green CW.

Just something that crossed my mind this morning.

So I was one of the lucky guys that actually won the raffle for the Big Bang Foamposite. My original plan was to keep it and display it as a piece ( I think it looks dope IMO). But then I saw a post on Facebook that this guy is buying all of them. After talking to him he offered me $600. Which then I caved in and sold it to him.

My question to fellow members of this group is. Had you ever cop a pair with the intention to keep but decided to sell due its reselling value. And how much is enough to persuade you to sell %? Or $$$ amount ?

Sorry for the long post.
Back then I used to buy two and sell one to cut the costs on my personal pair, but once I could start actually affording my shoes (for retail), I stopped doing that. That being said, I'll still try to buy stuff even if I'm not the biggest fan of the shoe and use it as trade bait or help a friend secure a pair for retail. If I really have to resell a shoe, it's usually old stuff that I don't really wear or want anymore for below market cost or steals.
IMO if you're reselling to afford a personal pair or pay bills, do what you gotta do. But if you're reselling solely out of pure hype and not about the culture (like a good chunk of these kids on facebook) then smh

Back then I used to buy two and sell one to cut the costs on my personal pair, but once I could start actually affording my shoes (for retail), I stopped doing that. That being said, I'll still try to buy stuff even if I'm not the biggest fan of the shoe and use it as trade bait or help a friend secure a pair for retail. If I really have to resell a shoe, it's usually old stuff that I don't really wear or want anymore for below market cost or steals.
IMO if you're reselling to afford a personal pair or pay bills, do what you gotta do. But if you're reselling solely out of pure hype and not about the culture (like a good chunk of these kids on facebook) then smh

A friend of a friend did this for the PG Playstations last weekend, he lined up at the HOH in Montreal just to resell and apparently texted my friend trying to get him to bite, told him he was looking to sell for $700-$1000 but he'd give him a "deal" if he wanted them. It's because of people like him I didn't even bother lining up for a shoe I really wanted because I didn't wanna stand in line for 3+ hours in the cold not even sure I'd be able to buy them. I don't mind losing out to people who actually want the shoes, but it really grinds my gears when half the line wants to flip them for a few extra bills.

A friend of a friend did this for the PG Playstations last weekend, he lined up at the HOH in Montreal just to resell and apparently texted my friend trying to get him to bite, told him he was looking to sell for $700-$1000 but he'd give him a "deal" if he wanted them. It's because of people like him I didn't even bother lining up for a shoe I really wanted because I didn't wanna stand in line for 3+ hours in the cold not even sure I'd be able to buy them. I don't mind losing out to people who actually want the shoes, but it really grinds my gears when half the line wants to flip them for a few extra bills.
If he's a true friend, the deal should've been retail or maaaybe 100 over retail just to pay for the effort required in camping and lining up. Honestly, there's much better ways to make a few hundred dollars (aka a job) than camping out for some shoes. And if your only source of revenue is from flipping one or two pairs of shoes per week, you really need to get your priorities in check (not putting consignment store owners in this category because they stockpile a ton of pairs before even putting it on the aftermarket, so that's somewhat of a different story).

Edit- Sorry made a mistake with the sizes.

Can anyone help me out swapping my size 10 Jordan 3 cement and trade for a size 10.5. I’m willing to throw $20 on top for the trade. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
That would work but there is always people (Essential's and hotbox's clientele ) who is willing to pay resell
That's true, but there's a couple of other factors you have to realize. For one, the point of consignment stores is to create a one stop shop to get whatever limited shoe you want, so there is some sort of premium we'll have to pay to get that convenience. Essentials and Hotbox stockpiles pair at retail/slightly over retail so they have to jack up the price a bit more to make a profit. On top of that, consignment prices are higher because assuming the seller/consigner is trying to get all his money back, consignment stores need to increase the price a bit to make money off that sale. The other thing is the target demographic; those people shopping at these spots are usually buying product that either released a while ago or got money and don't want to deal with the hassle of lining up and/or raffling. Consignment store prices are never really a true reflection of the real market because their demographic is catered towards someone else.

I know this isn't a really popular opinion to talk about but hey, this is the reality of any niche market.... can't do much about it unfortunately which sucks.

Back
Top Bottom