Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

The funniest part about sneakercons are the panel discussions. Since its Toronto, maybe this year's panel will involve some local Shoetubers going up stage to tell us what color the shoe box is, just like they do in their videos. And if we're really lucky, he'll put on the shoes after he's done telling us what materials they're made of, and then walk back and forth across the stage while doing tiptoe poses. :lol:
Shots fired. Isn't Sean Go in this thread?

Anyway, I went to the sneakercon at acc one year when I wanted to unload some white cements I had been sitting on. Someone gave me free tix so why not. I think I let them go for $500.

I'll pass on going in the future tho.

BTW, anyone want some DS Flyknit Trainers for retail?

dont bother with Sneakercon
Unless you like shoetubers, high school kids, and Yeezys

Decent, self-respecting collectors and heads are outnumbered 30:1 by hypebeasts

SAD TO SAY this is true, there ARE A LOT of 15 year old hypebeasts out there with MAD STEEEEZZZZZZZ just asking to get robbed imho haha

The guy who runs Sneakercon @ Will asked me and 2 other artists to customize NMDs for 1 of 3 xbox games (CeezeMC from NY and a Calgary airbrusher-who ended up wining and did not give ONE F**K about shoes haha; he saw HardyGirl wearing Tokyo5s and thought she was stupid when i told him the price hahaha. We did interviews from 9am for the"ACEOFCUSTOMS' youtube segment and they were TREACHEROUS to deal with the bright lights, rehearesed lines and cameras.

The competition ran from 12pm - 5pm and after all was said and done i did not even get a tshirt or sumn, 1 year later and they never even released the video....

Don't do it, unless you are looking to get out of the sneaker game for good, or you're just looking to sell some shoes. I went to a convention awhile back, and it was filled with hypebeasts, resellers and noobs. Everyone walking around with their heads down, looking at each other's shoes....it's pretty lame. Lol

Second that... Super lame.. pure kids trying to resell and a $25.00 entrance fee to boot. I only meet resellers via Kijiji.. lol

Anyway, I went to the sneakercon at acc one year when I wanted to unload some white cements I had been sitting on. Someone gave me free tix so why not. I think I let them go for $500.

What colourways on the trainers?

Was at TPO earlier, they had the following:
Lunar Force Duckboot Lows in white for $130 - 30% FSR
Air Max 1 Aqua, $130 - 30%, decent amount of pairs on hash
Air Jordan 6 CNY 2018 - $230, only two pairs of size 12
Jordan 13 Olive, $180 (or $170) - 30% in some sizes on hash

Had some regular basketball stuff, lebron 15 lows on hash, kobe ADs on shelves.

The funniest part about sneakercons are the panel discussions. Since its Toronto, maybe this year's panel will involve some local Shoetubers going up stage to tell us what color the shoe box is, just like they do in their videos. And if we're really lucky, he'll put on the shoes after he's done telling us what materials they're made of, and then walk back and forth across the stage while doing tiptoe poses. :lol:

@illistic shots fired. defend your honor

Don't do it, unless you are looking to get out of the sneaker game for good, or you're just looking to sell some shoes. I went to a convention awhile back, and it was filled with hypebeasts, resellers and noobs. Everyone walking around with their heads down, looking at each other's shoes....it's pretty lame. Lol

bahaahaha..

Bbbbbbbuuuutttt this sneakercon could get your clout up!?

The only shoetuber I watch is Weartesters, helps deciding what shoe Ima waste my money on next

“Don’t forget to hit like and subscribe as it would help me out a lot”

Last edited:
No SneakerCon for me. Didn't know about the price and lines....and I went back and looked at YouTube videos. I'm good. :lol:

On another note, polo Ralph Lauren is going to be at the mall. Store kind of looks small though.

Good to know.

What size for the trainers?? Interested in the white/black

SneakerTalk is gringeworthy

i've been to one of these shoe conventions and it was my last; purposely wore beat up runners and everyone gave me a wtf look lol

Im actually buddies with SneakerTalk and yeah I have to say its pretty cringe but he was telling me thats what his brand is since that stuff appeals to his fanbases. Good guy overall but he can definitely improve his brand if you ask me

I can only watch a select few shoetubers. Can't knock on the hustle though, they're getting that youtube money telling you about shoe materials and box colour :lol:

Im actually buddies with SneakerTalk and yeah I have to say its pretty cringe but he was telling me thats what his brand is since that stuff appeals to his fanbases. Good guy overall but he can definitely improve his brand if you ask me
I think we gotta remember that this whole thing started with a handful of OGs dropping knowledge. Anyone remember sneakgeek? DJ Delz. There really weren't many but as soon as the trend hit, everyone suddenly on this whole culture... Kinda miss the simpler times, no click baits and putting the receipts on the title "I spent $3000 at Nordstrom" or whatever. Who cares about how much anyone spends?
146438-1532336916.jpg

You're right, To be fair, SneakerTalk has quality content and way better than some of these rich kids.

Sneakercons are good if you have a lot of hyped heat you want to part with and are looking for a buyout. Guys from BannedLA and UN are here (saw them at LS yday during the Element 87 drop) which means they're ready to capitalize on the exchange rate and mass buyouts which is a win win for all.

If you're planning on going to these events to try and see something different in person I would suggest just walking into Essential to look from afar. Vendors don't typically let you touch the sneakers and the pricing is going to be high given the vendor fees they charge so it's really not going to be much different. Plus you save the $$ on entrance.

If you want to go and check out a real event with real heads i would suggest just waiting for another event from NetMag, CGS or FlippinLaces

I think we gotta remember that this whole thing started with a handful of OGs dropping knowledge. Anyone remember sneakgeek? DJ Delz. There really weren't many but as soon as the trend hit, everyone suddenly on this whole culture... Kinda miss the simpler times, no click baits and putting the receipts on the title "I spent $3000 at Nordstrom" or whatever. Who cares about how much anyone spends?

Did you just try to shout out dj ****in delz as some kind of sneaker og??!?! One of the biggest posers I almost forgot about forever.

Youtube culture is cancer in general, but it 's for the 12 year olds. A lot of you don't realize how old you are to still be in and caring about this game. Frankly it's a bit embarassing. Let the kids have some fun

^
DJ Delz was doing it before A LOT OF PEOPLE. Not sure what you're talking about. Now whether we like him or not is another story.

Crowd for the Markville Uniqlo opening is fuggin insane! Wife and I thought we’d check it out but ‘twas a big giant NOPE!

Attachments

• 6E94D60B-6729-4479-BAD4-D57778FDEA8C.jpeg
    6E94D60B-6729-4479-BAD4-D57778FDEA8C.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 2E11FAC2-AEDB-4D25-B0EE-2F0AB76B9CE4.jpeg
    2E11FAC2-AEDB-4D25-B0EE-2F0AB76B9CE4.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom