OFFICIAL: Zoom Kobe V ID - release 12/25/09 POST DESIGNS HERE!

you had del sol speckles right? on the white midsole?
so weird cuz i made 3 ids....one with the exact same as that except black specks

yeah, i have the dirty del sol kobe ivs.... they are a little different because the speckles are on the front of the shoe not the back and midsole...

i just got the dreaded order delay email. this sucks cause it was supposed to be shipped tomorrow!!! that's wack

74f25c6831888172694846e060c931e781ebf39.pjpg

http://nikeid.nike.com/nikeid/index.jsp?sitesrc=dl_usid&designId=197583581&size=false

inspired by

4314929070_538636270e.jpg

i just wonder how the metalic silver will come out... thats why i wana stay safe from colors like that. ya'll think its some sort of MLK ZK5 silver look?

yea, id-ing a copy of the dirty del sols is a lil backwards but still good

ill post pics of mine when i get them.

Got my ID's in today and im VERY DISSAPPOINTED to say the least

General lessons learned
1)NIKED ID options are not correct-the eyestay and the tongue tip are not the same material despite ID showing such when you pick them (ie cant pick seperate materials, one choice decides material for both) - the tongue pull tab is metallic even if you choose exotic as the eyestay color - the result is a tacky looking mix of materials and color shades (more on that later)

2)Del Sol is not always Del Sol - the del sol of the eyestay/tip  is a different shade (much lighter) than the del sol of the platic heel counter and midsole forefoot (they are the same shade) which is also a different shade than the "soft" heel area (in between shade of yellow); also the del sol of the id is a different shade than the del sol of the aways (id is more orangeish) EDIT: unfortanely the pics dont trully convey the differnet shades accureatly, but ou get the drift

Construction issues learned
10.5 is not always 10.5 (aka your feet better not be the same size)

take a look at the angled parts/pointy parts of the eyestays in these pics - the 1st pic is medial sideto side - nothice how the left is markedly shorter/smaller than the right; the 2nd pic is lateral to lateral - notice how the left (now on the right side of the pic) is markedly shorter/smaller than the right

take a look at the perforations on the toe box - notice how the perforations on the left are much closer to the tip than the right

its one thing for this to be a cosmetic issue (which to me is defintiely an issue to me ) - but use this information and apply some logic about how this shoe has a unibody contruction and how these "cosmetic" issues would come about - the left upper is sewn way to far down onto the sole - the result - THE LEFT TOE BOX IS MARKEDLY SMALLER/NARROWER/SHORTER THAN THE RIGHT - THE LEFT SHOE FEELS LIKE A 9.5, COMPARED TO RIGHT WHICH FITS A TRUE 10.5 - this is no longer a cosmetic issue but a functionality/fit issue

%*! NIKE? who the hell is overseeing this crap
-i understand my toebox issue may be just an isolated screw up, but come on this still shouldnt happen
-i undertand the general issues i brought up are often due to different material involved/factories producing the shoes and are sometimes unavoidable; but please could you at least accurately portray our options in the selection menu - if the tongue tab will always be metallic, please show this, dont show it changing along with eyestay material

needless to say theses are going back ASAP

just a warning to everyone thinking about ID the KOBE V

^ great post. sorry yours came out the way they did but good thing you were nice enough to inform the rest of us. gl with the return and smh at nike.

Damn that sucks...I guess I'll take a close look at mine when they come in.

You'd think that with the $35 price hike for IDs they'd take the time to make sure they come out right.
smh.gif

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by moneyallthetime

I got my tracking number! Sent out today in China, scheduled to arrive Wednesday, Feb 3.
I ordered this on Christmas Day:
b5725bfed735ce935096a2149a60f000b3ee495.png

I want black laces... Anyone who has IDs with black laces, please let me know if you'd like to swap for my purple ones!
I basically made the same pair for the facebook shannon brown ID contest they had. Post pics when you get them bro. 
pimp.gif

i checked mine on Nikestore.com and it still shows status "confirmed"....I ordered on 1/04.....havent received the dreaded delay email yet....

i checked mine on Nikestore.com and it still shows status "confirmed"....I ordered on 1/04.....havent received the dreaded delay email yet....

placed my order on 1/02/10..got this on email today.

"This email is regarding Order #. If you have already received a shipping confirmation, please disregard this email.

Thank you for ordering with nike.com. Unfortunately, we were unable to ship the merchandise by 1/30/2010. We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause you. Your merchandise will ship by 3/01/2010. If for any reason you are unwilling or unable to wait for shipment of the merchandise below, please click here to cancel.

To continue with your order, you do not need to do anything at this time. We do not anticipate any further delays, however, please be aware in the unlikely event that we are unable to ship your merchandise by 3/01/2010, FTC regulations require that your merchandise be automatically canceled."

man...what a bust.
smh.gif

Damn 3/1 that's crazy. Why the hell a month delay?

Any why the hell would someone get a shipping email, then have a month delay? Doesn't the shipping email indicate the shoes are done? Smh....looks like Nikes @+$@%** up on this one.

If this happens to me I won't be ordering anymore V IDs for sure.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Damn 3/1 that's crazy. Why the hell a month delay?

Any why the hell would someone get a shipping email, then have a month delay? Doesn't the shipping email indicate the shoes are done? Smh....looks like Nikes @+$@%** up on this one.

If this happens to me I won't be ordering anymore V IDs for sure.
yeah man.. what a bust. my friend just ordered ID's last week and he said he hasnt gotten a confirmation email yet. i bet hes not even goin to get his made til like april or something. so messed up. you guys think nike would hook me up with something if i called?

^^try it? tell em when you ordered it told you (I think) 4-6 weeks delivery time. If it doesn't even ship til april that's more than the 4-6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom