Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Game Night: I wasn’t expecting this. I mean, Bateman doesn’t flop, all his Films slap... but man, this is surprisingly good.

I was thinking this would be Silly Stupid like The House, or Daddy’s Home or something tacky like that, but nope....**** is actually good

Last edited:
the ballad of buster Scruggs was EPIC on the big screen. Do yourself a favor and watch it in theaters. It’s insane. Big beautiful shots of New Mexico and Montana. That classic Coen Brothers cinematography. This gon win some oscars for sure

Damnit. You’re making me regret passing on it in theaters :frown:

Still have to peep on Netflix.

FInally getting around to watching BlackKKlansman.

I can tell this is going to be good as soon as John David Washington hit the screen.
I"ve only seen him in Ballers up until now, and that's because he really hasn't done anything else.

NOw I know he has a credit on Book of Eli so I don't know if being behind the Camera has kept him from in front of it, but I really dig his style.
He's believable, in a natural way.
I guess he gets that from his Father.

Back to the Film, again...I can tell this is going to be good.....but I can also tell that the Music is going to be **** like almost everyone of SPike's films normally is.
He gets the worst Music guys. I mean I can't stand it even a little bit.

Another thing I noticed, Focus Features is the Distribution Co. on this one........and man, it's seems like they Distribute EVERYTHING these days, or is it just me?

Danny Boyle's Sunshine could've been such an epic movie. Had stellar photography, stellar cast... Alex Garland (28 Days Later, Ex Machina, Annihilation), should've just kept this a straight sci-fi flick instead of trying to add a super natural element. Completely ruins the movie. Still an meh sci-fi flick. Love the tech they "invented" for this movie.

Working from home today & one of the Cinemax channels is playing a great 80s movie Taps (1981) starring a very young Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn, Tom Cruise, Giancarlo Esposito as well as George C Scott & the late Ronnie Cox.

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood sizing up to be potentially great. Would have preferred Scorsese but hoping Tarantino does it justice.

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood sizing up to be potentially great. Would have preferred Scorsese but hoping Tarantino does it justice.
I'm also optimistic The Irishman will be a good film from Scorsese, no release date yet but seems like it could come in mid-late 2019.

Has anyone else been watching Escape at Dannemora? It's about the two convicts who escaped prison Upstate NY after banging one of the workers.

Watched the first and will eventually complete the series. The story was pretty captivating when it happened.

Mostly hyped for True Detective S3 and hoping HBO stops dragging their feet and gives us The Night Of season 2.

Danny Boyle's Sunshine could've been such an epic movie. Had stellar photography, stellar cast... Alex Garland (28 Days Later, Ex Machina, Annihilation), should've just kept this a straight sci-fi flick instead of trying to add a super natural element. Completely ruins the movie. Still an meh sci-fi flick. Love the tech they "invented" for this movie.

Why have I never heard of this movie?
MinorExcitableDrever-size_restricted.gif

Why have I never heard of this movie?
MinorExcitableDrever-size_restricted.gif
It flopped at the box office but I catch it every time it’s on cable.. if you’re a geniune sci-fi fan or Danny Boyle/Alex Garland fan, you gotta watch.

I wish someone told Garland to ax the super natural element in the story... it unravels the whole movie for me... But like I said, I still watch it. Such a great cast.

AFI's top 10 films of 2018.

The family & I watched Eighth Grade. It was such a meh film. It could've been great but the final third of the movie was really flat.
BlacKkKlansman

Black Panther

Eighth Grade

If Beale Street Could Talk

The Favourite

First Reformed

Mary Poppins Returns

A Quiet Place

A Star Is Born

Turn off the "motion smoothing" on your TVs. I also turn off the stupid "dimming" feature on TVs to. One of the stupidest features ever made on a TV.

Last edited:
AFI's top 10 films of 2018.

The family & I watched Eighth Grade. It was such a meh film. It could've been great but the final third of the movie was really flat.

Turn off the "motion smoothing" on your TVs. I also turn off the stupid "dimming" feature on TVs to. One of the stupidest features ever made on a TV.

Watching The Favourite tonight. Have First Reformed on my iTunes, so ill peep that soon enough.

The final act of Eighth Grade actually made the movie for a lot of people. With that one really uncomfortable scene at the end and the cheesy dad speech :lol:

Regarding the TVs, I have one friend who actually prefers the soap opera effect :sick:

Flower - 7/8. Think Paper Town-esque But with a different storyline. Ending was just what i wanted :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom