Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

If you grew up in the 90's they were must sees with the likes of Rookie of the Year, Sandlot, etc. Don't know how well they'd hold up to an adult today.
I'm an 80's baby so these movies were a big part of my childhood. I recent re-watched D2 and it still held up well. Also watch The Sandlot at least once a year as it's one of my all time favorites. I also used to follow baseball pretty close in the late 90's-early 00's so the Twins and Cubs always remind me of Little Big League and Rookie of the Year lol.

giphy.gif

Joker..........

I need a cigarette. Man...... I need time to process. This was something.

I don't know if best picture or anything but last year I saw someone turn into Freddie Mercury. Tonight I saw someone become Joker. Juaquin is winning Best Actor.

Heath was different, he was already Joker. The role/movie were different. Established.

This was Play-Doh. Molded, created, becoming.

Some of the visuals......

I could have used 5 extra minutes of chaos. Joker chaos. Unfiltered. I could have used extra scenes of him burning the city to the ground. I think that would have been beautiful.

There's more to say but I need to view it again. I need to breathe on it.

God damn Martha. :lol:

I saw Joker yesterday afternoon and I really enjoyed it. I don't think the film is a masterpiece or anything close to that but Joaquin's performance definitely deserves it's praise. I did find certain scenes tough to watch (those that seen it, knows which scene I'm referring to), even though I guess it was justified by the way Arthur was treated by said person. Joaquin's descension into complete madness was interesting to see as a character study but I do wish the film itself was little stronger.

6.4/8

I'm being vague to avoid spoilers for those that haven't seen it but there's some things I want to discuss openly

Am I in the minority for not caring all that much for The Gentlemen? I'd see it, but when it hits t.v./online.

I REALLY liked Peanut Butter Falcon. Shia was a real one in this film.

I don’t think it should win any awards or anything, it was just a good time. Very funny. Pretty simple storyline. Some good visuals. Reminds me of a mix of 3 movies: that mcconahay movie Mud, Beasts of the Southern Wild, and O’ Brother Where Art Thou.

Well worth a watch in theaters, especially if you got a crowd that’s super into it.

6.1/8

Joker was phenomenal. I loved the cinematography, the score, all the actors did their thing too. Joaquin Phoenix really did a good job with his take on the clown. Even though this is a different Joker, this outting still feels right at home. Phoenix nailed his mannerisms.

Critics and the media have a clear bias agaisnt this film. And it's ashame because this film was well put together.

As far as the Heath vs. Phoenix talk... 2 completely different Joker's. Same canvas, different art. They both did an amazing job with their respective stories.

51wewtpj08L.jpg

Not that ppl are comparing but I personally think Logan is far superior film than Joker.
I'd agree with that. I loved Logan. And I've seen comparisons because of the R rating or whatever but Joker is not even close to the same kind of film in my opinion. Logan has that mutant powerful violence and Joker is hyper realistic. Both dope.

IT Chapter 2 4.3/8 - Review looks harsh but let me say I haven't read the book or seen the TV movie in forever so mostly I'm just confused by the direction. I laughed more than I was in any kind of fear. It was a sizeable step down from the first.

Caught Spider-Man Far From Home tonight. Really liked it - 6/8. Never trust Jake Gyllenhall is a rule I’ve followed for a long time.

Very annoyed Disney doesn’t have Spidey anymore.

This isn’t directed at anyone in here, but I get tired of this compulsion we have with our popular culture to rank/compare everything. Like why do people have to decide who gave the better portrayal of Joker between Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix? One really doesn’t have anything to do with the other. Just enjoy each wholly on their own merits. /rant

Back
Top Bottom