Ok lets grow up and stop hating on fusions already

^lies. they movin

fusions nines are dope...but i just cant buyem

most fusions aint really ugly tho
the 13s and 8s kinda are...the rest are cool

I just dislike the fact that some peeps treat fusions like serious heat,
and another thing I hate so damn much is the fact that JB puts better quality on fusions than the retros we all LOVE.
thats lame

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

you'll be the only clown rockin fusions and the rest of us NTers rock OGs and retros.

sold out in stores? FOH wit that

laugh.gif

you must not have been to houston in a minute...mostly all fusions sell out here within a a couple weeks or so...but when they first started comin out they used to sell out in days...

i remember i wanted the black/red 5 fusions and couldnt find em smh...
Yeah ... dudes in here don't know what they're talking about. Fusions sell OUT here in Chicago.

just cuz they sell out in Houston and Chicago dont mean they sell out EVERYWHERE.

And come on people, can we just admit, og's, and even retros are wayyyy better/more appealing than fusions. There are a select few fusions that are decent (3's, 4's and 9's) but the rest are straight GARBAGE!!

Most, no scratch that, ALL Nike outlets have to seriousley mark them down farrr below retail to move them

Only fusions that have sold well here in Oregon are the 3's and 4's

That being said, i got fusion 4's and 9's.

Originally Posted by bohrdom

the only pair i think worked perfectly were the fusion 3s, especially cements.

QFT. To each his own, and you really shouldn't let other people's opinions sway your thinking. If you like these, continue to rock them. I just know I am in now capacity supporting the fusions/frankensteins/whatever you want to call JB's idea of slopping together their classic shoes.

I hate going to an outlet, and instead of there being any JB heat, they have a bunch of ugly +%% fusions sitting on the shelves... And these don't sell out anywhere here in Florida...

its wt the new generation want because in Chicago the hot colorways sell out in a lot of the stores so............

Actually, a lot of the general public like fusions and give will you props for wearing them. It's just the Internet dudes/"OG heads" that hate on them because they hate on every idea that JB comes out with that isn't retros, then other noobs follow what some of the "OG heads" say like "Fusions are crap and they're a disgrace!" and these noobs keep repeating it throughout every thread thinking they'll get e-props by saying so.
laugh.gif

I don't really care for fusions so they don't affect me and I'm not gonna go around bashing on them. If you like them, buy them...If not, save the hate, and spend your money on something else.

I didnt like air force ones from the jump and throwing parts of a jordan didnt help. Why couldnt JB fuse with the dunk.

haha fusions. i have a pair of the black/blue fusion 5's. i just found them under my bed the other day. i think i wore them once being nice b/c they were a presant. All my J's are retro, get outtahere wit those fusions hahahaha

Can we change the title of this post to, "OK, Let's grow up and realize how ugly Fusions are?"

Since this thread isn't locked....

A few things pop up repeatedly throughout this thread:

-Some of us LOVE shoes, some of us just LIKE shoes more than your average human. 
  there's a HUGE discrepancy there, far as what your individual viewpoint is. 
  In as much as, how someone can say they are "disgusted", for  instance.
  ..dude who just LIKES shoes thinks it nuts to LOVE a shoe.  ..follow me? ..for him to understand your disgust is probably improbable.
wink.gif

I see kats bashin'each other over this A LOT.   

"They're just shoes"       ..is a good example of this.
 To some of us, they are NOT, JUST shoes. ..
 Some of us LOVE them, yet can simultaneously be aware that people starve daily,  they are       .. JUST shoes.  ..follow me?
 Might help to know where YOU stand, BEFORE you post, & try to recognize what type of person you're talkin'to  ..makes it easier, IMO.
 Blah.

-"hate"

Sometime, & I'm not sure when, but?   ..some time ago, simply having an opinion, became "hating", to some.  ..it is what it is.
 That said?  ..mad heads on here ONLY come thru to bash a shoe, or post 30 times in a thread, about a shoe they DISLIKE?
   ..like the above issue w/LOVE  ..here you have the same @+%-w/hate.  ..word selection bothers some people. w/e.
 Have an opinion. Spread it all over the world, but EXPECT others to have opinions, & expect some of them run in opposition to yours.
  "hate"?   ..hmph.

-OG-vs-Next Gen.

Come on w/this. It's SO ugly.
 Older heads SAW JORDAN PLAY. IMO it makes a  HUGE difference in how Jordan's/( Jumpman products ) are viewed.
 Can we again, just realize who we're talking to, and keep it movin'?
 Don't expect a 17yr old kid to give a flyin'hoo-ha about nostalgia or quality concerns.  ..
 DO expect'em to like what looks dope to him & his peer group.
 There's no time machine.
 Some people are the proverbial bird flying into the window.  ..K.I.M. is always the best option.
 Blah.

Far as fusions?

I have to echo the thoughts of those before who said the majority of fusions are just NOT appealing.
Also agree w/the dudes who said that the dopest fusions, utilize MOSTLY the "core" elements of the shoe they mimic.
Which, to a lot of us, begs the question: "why not cop the REAL joints?"

From a great enough distance, they can trick you.
I think a dude who LOVES skips, & sees what he thinks are 4's or 5's, from a distance?
     ..only to see they're fusions as you walk by?
         .. is dissappointed.
I'll leave it to you to psychoanalyze the mechanics behind that dissappointment, & how you feel about it, personally.

At the end of the day, far as NT goes?
2 Things apply:

1) This is a disc. board. People will always argue, disagree, disregard rules, etc.  ..it's the nature of the beast.
2) People all have their own opinion. If you can't agree to disagree, you are worthless to this board.

..PS

..fusions are pewp.
wink.gif

A meaningless opinion.

Team Jordans are a joke.  Fusions are a joke. 

The only thing worse than fusions are the Gay Pride VI's that came out (pardon the pun) a few years back.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

It's so the pot calling the kettle black.

We used to love team jordans when they came out in 1997 and 1998 but we hate fusions and talk down upon them like their trash.

Theirs some decent colorways and fusions that have came out like the fusion ix's and the fusion v's so all im saying is lets stop the hate on fusions.

They sell out of most stores for a reason, because they look cool and its a stylish mix of old school and new school.
First off, The team Jordans that came out then had their own personality. They were not a frankenstein of all different Jordans put together. It's one thing to come up with a whole new original shoe design and people not like them, but to give a half assed effort to combine the AF1 with a classic Jordan? No Thank You. I will agree that there are some decent looking ones. (The only one I liked was the White Cement III. ONLY because it looks close to the OG III.) But I don't think you saying let's stop the hate will stop it. I'm sorry man, but the vast majority of the Fusions are
sick.gif
. Why bother spending $150 on a cheap one off of a Retro when you can add some a little more money and buy the Retro? It's like saying the Hyundai Genesis looks like an S Class Mercedes so I will buy the Hyundai to save some money. No Thanks.

It all boils down to this man. I grew up watching Michael Jordan play in the Air Jordans. From dropping 63 on the Celtics in the playoffs to the Last Shot in the Finals, each event was in a signature Air Jordan. The Air Jordan line means more to me than any other shoe out there only because I was fortunate enough to see MJ play in them. When I see a shoe, it brings me back to the year they originally released and also other memories of that time period. I could care less about something that tarnishes such a great and memorable experience for myself. It actually offends me that they would butcher the original releases. If they just release quality retros in OG colorways, they will sell. No need to expand to garbage like the Fusions.

I'm glad there's people like you that like these so you buy and JB can stay in business and keep churning out Retros for me. And BTW, they don't sell out in the stores. Have you visited a Nike Outlet lately? It's tough to find a retro on the shelves, but you can find multiple pairs of the Fusions sitting on the shelves. The fusions get shipped back to Nike and they ship them out to the outlets. Good luck finding a hot retro at an outlet.

wink.gif
i agree with reply to the original post 100%. bottom line....fusions are TRASH. no other way to put it. and please dont try to compare them to the old team jordan line.

Back
Top Bottom