On Its Way Out? Is The Manual Transmission Finally Saying Goodbye?

Some of you are just talking to talk, if you've never driven a manual transmission car then you can't relate to how much more control you have over the car. Id choose manual over auto anyday. I drive a manual 545i, had a handfull of honda/acuras in manual as well and its a completely different driving experience. It's sad Mercedes doesn't offer it. I hope BMW doesn't do away with it. I'm sure Porsche won't change suit. 911 turbo is my realistic dream car.

it hurts my eyes to read so much.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MOchi

Originally Posted by Mr718

[h1][/h1]

I don't know how to drive stick anyway.  I'd rather use the free hand to feel-up the unsuspecting female passenger
pimp.gif
lame.

And standard is what real men/enthusiast drive.

/thread

6MT STAND UP!

Shut up.

I live in the city so MT isn't realistic for me.  My car has a "Manumatic" transmission and that's good enough.  Sometimes I wanna be Speed Racer and sometimes I just wanna relax and cruise.  Best of both worlds.

[h1][/h1]

I don't know how to drive stick anyway.  I'd rather use the free hand to feel-up the unsuspecting female passenger
pimp.gif
lame.

/thread

6MT STAND UP!

Shut up.

I live in the city so MT isn't realistic for me.  My car has a "Manumatic" transmission and that's good enough.  Sometimes I wanna be Speed Racer and sometimes I just wanna relax and cruise.  Best of both worlds.

There is no greater connection than the one between man and his stick-shift car. The harmony you create when you're synchronized with your vehicle is unmatched.

There is no greater connection than the one between man and his stick-shift car. The harmony you create when you're synchronized with your vehicle is unmatched.

Lot of lame responses in here, dudes sound like females. I wouldn't drive an EVO if it didn't come with manual option. It's one reason I didn't go for the GT-R. Even then, you can always have cars in your collection that are MT.

Lot of lame responses in here, dudes sound like females. I wouldn't drive an EVO if it didn't come with manual option. It's one reason I didn't go for the GT-R. Even then, you can always have cars in your collection that are MT.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Well said sir.

Well said sir.

[h1][/h1]

pimp.gif
lame.

And if those two makes stop making manuals, it doesn't faze me. 997 911 turbo for me
happy.gif

/thread

6MT STAND UP!
Well said.

[h1][/h1]

pimp.gif
lame.

And if those two makes stop making manuals, it doesn't faze me. 997 911 turbo for me
happy.gif

/thread

6MT STAND UP!
Well said.

Driving standard transmission well is like going in raw. Its a good feeling and its tough to go back.

Driving standard transmission well is like going in raw. Its a good feeling and its tough to go back.

I miss driving my car
frown.gif

I miss driving my car
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

If you're truly a driving enthusiast, you should like these new and improved super-automatic transmissions like the ones mentioned in the article. Chances are you are no Schumacher or Gordon, and the technology will be shifting itself exponentially better than you could--not an attack, but there's an extremely high likelihood that any driver can't shift as well as some highly innovative transmission technology... except professional race car drivers.

It's not like they're watering down these super cars by making them automatic--they're actually making them more effective in the hands of most drivers.
Hold up you put Schumacher and Jeff Gordon in the same sentence? 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

If you're truly a driving enthusiast, you should like these new and improved super-automatic transmissions like the ones mentioned in the article. Chances are you are no Schumacher or Gordon, and the technology will be shifting itself exponentially better than you could--not an attack, but there's an extremely high likelihood that any driver can't shift as well as some highly innovative transmission technology... except professional race car drivers.

It's not like they're watering down these super cars by making them automatic--they're actually making them more effective in the hands of most drivers.
Hold up you put Schumacher and Jeff Gordon in the same sentence? 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom