One year ago today, Kanye dropped a classic...

Kanye_West_My_Beautiful_Dark_Twisted_Fantasy_album_cover.png

Perfecto. From the production, to the lyrics, to the guest features...
Only flaw was leaking out some of the tracks on G.O.O.D Fridays but still...
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I enjoy(ed) it...but I don't ever have a desire to listen to it.

Mainly because there's only like one song that's actually "about" something. And he doesn't rap well enough to rap about nothing. It sounds really good. There's just no take away for me.

Only CLASSIC Kanye ever dropped war College Dropout.. This album is far from that.. 
Cartune go view The Band Geakz thread I made sir

Only problem I had with this album was that he leaked damn near half the album with GOOD fridays.. If it wasn't for that I probably would've appreciated it more. 
Still a great album, production on this was 
pimp.gif

My 3rd favorite album from him.

Classic? I'd rather wait a bit to see how it influences the game (like CD did). But it definitely could do that.

I can't really get into the music debating thing anymore, but I think when it's all said and done this album will be remembered as Kanye's best work.

CD is cool, but that whole broke college theme played out with me a long time ago...I hardly ever play that album now.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

I enjoy(ed) it...but I don't ever have a desire to listen to it.

Mainly because there's only like one song that's actually "about" something. And he doesn't rap well enough to rap about nothing. It sounds really good. There's just no take away for me.

Pretty much how I feel about it.
Late Registration remains, in my opinion, his best work. It represents his peak lyrically, topically, and musically.

Man... Music forum is such trash.. What Classic? This joint was average at best.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

"The Joy" is better than every one of those songs on MBDTF.

Statements like this let me FURTHER know why some don't like MBDTF. People fell in love with what Ye did to hip hop on CD and cling to that like a security blanket. There isn't one song on MBDTF worse than The Joy.

very good album, but not a classic in my book. Definitely his best work since his best work (CD).

Back
Top Bottom