ONLY GOD FORGIVES -- Ryan Gosling and the director of Drive -- 2nd Trailer

Da Gawd  Workin 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

place beyond the pines was Drive 2, this is gonna be pt. 3...no wonder this dude taking a break

What on earth are you talking about? Pines was NOTHING like Drive.

Based off of the new trailer, I think I am going to enjoy Only God Forgives more than I did Drive.

Last edited:
I watched Drive with no prior knowledge or had any speculations. I felt it was an okay movie. I thought it was a movie about him being a get away driver but then hes also into milfs. Hes also a stunt driver. Hes also really good at hand combat. The movie was all over the place but I still like watching his movies.

Seconded. The worst part was that it was being pushed as a 'Vehicle Action' film 
that was the reason I didn't want to see it
grin.gif
  then i watched it because i heard it wasn't like that. 

one of my favorite movies ever and i loved the sound track too. 

Last edited:
IluvJordanXI pretty much summed it up. I saw a good/decent Ryan Gosling movie so well see.

Last edited:
Bumping the thread to let cats know

THE REVIEWS ARE TERRIBLE :lol:. Its bascially was booed and people walked out the theater :smh:

Hollywood Elsewhere proprietor Jeff Wells:

Movies really don't get much worse than Nicholas Winding Refn‘s Only God Forgives. It’s a **** macho fantasy — hyperviolent, ethically repulsive, sad, nonsensical, deathly dull, snail-paced, idiotic, possibly woman-hating, visually suffocating, pretentious. I realize I sound like Rex Reed on one of his rants, but trust me, please — this is a defecation by an over-praised, over-indulged director who thinks anything he craps out is worthy of your time. I felt violated, **** upon, sedated, narcotized, appalled and bored stiff.

michael phillips @phillipstribune

Hilarious number of journos at #Cannes2013 post-ONLY GOD FORGIVES now saying: "Well, I take back what I wrote about DRIVE/BRONSON etc etc."

Scott Foundas @foundasonfilm

Was all that training Gosling went through for ONLY GOD FORGIVES so he could learn the special Thai way of getting the crap beat out of you?
3:25 PM - 22 May 2013

Jordan Hoffman @JHoffman6

ONLY GOD FORGIVES is stylized to the point of parody. But it isn't a parody. Not for me.
12:09 PM - 22 May 2013

Scott Feinberg [emoji]10004[/emoji] @ScottFeinberg

Setting aside the question of artistic merit, ONLY GOD FORGIVES is absolutely gruesome and prompted a ton of walkouts and a number of boos.
12:06 PM - 22 May 2013

michael phillips @phillipstribune

Hilarious number of journos at #Cannes2013 post-ONLY GOD FORGIVES now saying: "Well, I take back what I wrote about DRIVE/BRONSON etc etc."

Tomorrow!!! :D

The reviews have been all over the place, but everyone is saying that the violence is crazy. I've only seen the first trailer, so I can't wait to see what else is in the movie.

Trailer looks good, but I just can't take Ryan Gosling seriously. And I liked Drive.

I'd have to make the drive to Dallas to see this movie :lol:

Soooo I'm going off NT's opinion. I've read you love it or hate. The cinematography looks :smokin but I could see how the acting could be bland.

watched it this afternoon, looks beautiful, kinda dull and gruesome

Kristin Scott Thomas was pretty bad-*** though

Last edited:
this is going to be good. i dont know why but i feel like its going to slept on for a while

It was okay I expected it to be worse with what I read earlier this year at Cannes.

Last edited:
My God this movie was VERY disappointing. :smh: Slow paced, non-sense violence. Refn and Gosling should just hurry up and make the sequel to Drive already.

Back
Top Bottom