Peloton Bike

Any suggestions on a good seat cushion?
Have owned a Peloton since October of last year and am a novice in every sense of the word.
So, i'm also seeking tips on how to maintain consistency as well. My outputs are nowhere near what some of you are posting lol. Were your outputs low initially as well?

what SB said. Don’t compare yourself and just reach for some self improvement.

I enjoy the power zone rides also to track progression and keep me in a zone instead of all out all the time

In August of last year I was at a resort and they happened to have a Peloton bike. Figured I would try it out so I ended up doing five rides in five days. The bike itself had cages so I was using regular shoes. My average output during those five days ended up being 195.
I've had my bike now for two weeks with cycling shoes and I am struggling to to get any where close to what I was hitting back in August. Nothing has changed for me physically other than not riding since August. Is cycling easier with cages and sneakers? Am I missing a setting on my seat or handle bars or do I just need to give it more time to reacclimate myself.

Appreciate the input, fellas. I'm striving to get on y'alls level!

In August of last year I was at a resort and they happened to have a Peloton bike. Figured I would try it out so I ended up doing five rides in five days. The bike itself had cages so I was using regular shoes. My average output during those five days ended up being 195.
I've had my bike now for two weeks with cycling shoes and I am struggling to to get any where close to what I was hitting back in August. Nothing has changed for me physically other than not riding since August. Is cycling easier with cages and sneakers? Am I missing a setting on my seat or handle bars or do I just need to give it more time to reacclimate myself.

Appreciate the input, fellas. I'm striving to get on y'alls level!
Likely that bike was out of calibration friend. I’ve rode on several pelotons and there seems to be a small variance in numbers but some can get really out of whack. Don’t let the numbers discourage you, give it a week and establish the new baseline.

Enjoy the bike, it’s an amazing machine!

thanks for the advice and input thereal12thfan thereal12thfan !

Never really thought about the calibration being out of whack. It was in a resort gym so who knows what kind of use and abuse it has been through.
Love the bike. Every time I ride it is a challenge and I love that. Also really enjoy the classes. Had never been a class guy until I started trying them when I was waiting for the bike. They have good stuff and now I have ZERO reason to ever go back to a gym.

Any suggestions on a good seat cushion?
Have owned a Peloton since October of last year and am a novice in every sense of the word.
So, i'm also seeking tips on how to maintain consistency as well. My outputs are nowhere near what some of you are posting lol. Were your outputs low initially as well?

Keep your head up! I was in the same boat in the fall and what I did that helped me was just get on daily, even if it's a short 10-20 minute low impact ride at first. From there, I started aiming for 4 30-45 rides a week, once I hit that then aim for 5/week, then now settling for 5-6/week because I'm learning to rest/recover better. Like the fellas mentioned, being able to maintain certain zones for longer periods helps to establish foundation, and then mixing it up with tibata/HIIT rides at least twice a week can help build average output. I'm sure there are better methods and everybody is a little different so tweak things and find what works for you.

We got some damn beasts up in here but set personal goals and push for them. When I started riding last year I only averaged 140-145 output for 30-45 minute rides. I'm currently averaging 175-180 for 30-45 minute rides, and hit 185 for short 20 minute rides last week. Going to incorporate some more weight lifting and will be aiming for 220+ by end of the year. Get addicted to the chase.

thanks for the advice and input thereal12thfan thereal12thfan !

Never really thought about the calibration being out of whack. It was in a resort gym so who knows what kind of use and abuse it has been through.
Love the bike. Every time I ride it is a challenge and I love that. Also really enjoy the classes. Had never been a class guy until I started trying them when I was waiting for the bike. They have good stuff and now I have ZERO reason to ever go back to a gym.
Oh yeah man, between this bike, some dumbbells, and a flat bench, personally its everything i need in a home gym setup. Peloton has been one of the best investments ive ever made. Enjoy it bro!

Oh yeah man, between this bike, some dumbbells, and a flat bench, personally its everything i need in a home gym setup. Peloton has been one of the best investments ive ever made. Enjoy it bro!
Agreed. I had an adjustable bench, adjustable bow flex dumbbells, some bands, excercise ball, etc before I got my peloton and I was happy with my set up but the peloton really made it perfect. I really never need to go to a gym again. But admittedly I’m not a huge lifter so the dumbbells suffice for me.

I can’t get over how fine Aditi Shah is.

Like I’ll just do the meditation classes with my eyes open like a dumb*** to see her 🤣

Agreed. I had an adjustable bench, adjustable bow flex dumbbells, some bands, excercise ball, etc before I got my peloton and I was happy with my set up but the peloton really made it perfect. I really never need to go to a gym again. But admittedly I’m not a huge lifter so the dumbbells suffice for me.
I'll have to post my little bedroom gym my wife let me put in lol. But yeah its amazing what you can get done with just a few good pieces of equipment. Can't imagine not having the pelly though. Living in the PNW, it's just too damn wet to get outside and bike or run consistently lol.

Bike Calibration is important.

Don’t get discouraged by your numbers and comparing it to others. The Bike+ has been known to be more difficult to get to certain numbers because it’s actually calibrated.

It’s a progression though. With the bike and everything else - it all connects and with the bike/weight lifting/running/etc all my metrics and numbers have improved across the board.

Mix it up, have some fun, fail, see some results, and most importantly do it for yourself.

Can someone link me to an all-in-one toe cage that supports both a spin shoe & regular sneaker; one that is compatible without having to detach the cage each ride.

Anyone ever done one of those team wilpers bike fittings? I been riding most of my life and am pretty confident in setup/form with no issues, but wondering if they could still give me some good tips.

Peloton just sent the wifey an email offering to bump up delivery 4 weeks, so 3/5 is the date now :smokin

Really thought I was going to hit 100 rides on the app before the damn bike comes. Still averaging 5-6 rides a week but my average ride length is dropping SMH.

Just ordered the Bike+ and should have it in mid March. How often do y’all ride?
I ride 5-7 days a week just depending on my schedule and how I’m feeling that week. Usually mix in a bike boot camp ride or two. Lots of variety with the classes. Enjoy it man and congrats, you’re gonna love it.

Tunde has become far and away my favorite instructor. She’s a beast and stays more focused on riding which I like. Always has a lit playlist too. Did her Live DJ class today and it was 🔥.
8CCCB814-AF47-4820-8430-9C888DCB4173.png

Appreciate the link! Bit pricey no? Or is this the standard?
Not sure what the going rate is for good quality pedals but money well spent so far. I originally got these YBEKI pedals from Amazon for $50. They stripped the grooves in the crank arm and came out mid-ride. Luckily did not cut the crap outta my leg and I was able to get the arm replaced under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom