Peloton Bike

I have a similar set up for one of my road bikes for when its bad out. Zwift connected to a smart trainer. Your bike is connected to a video game and you can race others from around the world on a plethora of routes.
CpHX9rQWAAAclI3.jpg

I read that op was trying to get in shape.. you gon need more than that over priced bike fam you about to make zero gains :lol:

Did two rides since it was delivered on Saturday. It might be "overpriced", but it was 44 degrees, rainy and windy this morning. I wasn't about to do anything outside and it took about 5 mins to get out of bed and on the bike.

I bought this for convenience.... and it's been pretty convenient so far.

Looking into this myself. I lost ~100 pounds a few years ago mostly due to consistent indoor cycling classes. Since moving out to CA, I'm commuting more now and have found it difficult to find time to go to the gym.

For those who have used Peloton and have taken indoor cycling classes, do you see a major difference in the atmosphere of riding at home vs. in-person with a live instructor?

Yo that **** was pretty fun. Not gonna lie.

keeps you more engaged than a rower or assault bike.

finished top 20%

As someone who loves to run and been rising for most of my life, I despise treadmills and trainers. They r cool as a supplement I guess, but I’d always rather run/ride outside.

Did you?

idk I use the stuff I buy. I lift at my house at least 50% of the time vs the gym.

In the summer when I’m working I lift at the house damn near every day but Sunday.

My father had a stationary bike when I was a teenager. It became furniture after a while.

Like others have mentioned, there is slight variation in what you can do with a stationery bike.

Weights are different than a single use cardio machine.

Not sure if your mind is made up but I would say save your money.

My wife got it.

I got the gym membership and paid for the equipment in my basement which is the same price as the bike.

it was her turn to buy.

Looking into this myself. I lost ~100 pounds a few years ago mostly due to consistent indoor cycling classes. Since moving out to CA, I'm commuting more now and have found it difficult to find time to go to the gym.

For those who have used Peloton and have taken indoor cycling classes, do you see a major difference in the atmosphere of riding at home vs. in-person with a live instructor?
I have not done an in person class with respect to cycling. But Peleton is the goods. My apartment complex has a few and the workout is amazing, especially coming from someone who HATES cardio.

As someone who loves to run and been rising for most of my life, I despise treadmills and trainers. They r cool as a supplement I guess, but I’d always rather run/ride outside.
spin is good tho man. Been a runner all my life . Even at the collegiate level. And man the knees are shot. Even the lower back. So spin is a good alternative. I’m anti treadmill tho. For running that is.

I have not done an in person class with respect to cycling. But Peleton is the goods. My apartment complex has a few and the workout is amazing, especially coming from someone who HATES cardio.

I’m not anti cardio but I haven’t really found a machine I like. I went hard on the jump rope for a while then that started to hurt. :lol:

I get plenty of cardio in real life between work in the summer and lifting but I’m not against the bike.

it wasn’t my idea but it was fun, I wasn’t bored and was pretty tired at the end. Plus my friends have them so mad trash will be talked.

My father had a stationary bike when I was a teenager. It became furniture after a while.

Like others have mentioned, there is slight variation in what you can do with a stationery bike.

Weights are different than a single use cardio machine.

Not sure if your mind is made up but I would say save your money.

this is why i dont want to buy weights or cardio machines... i rather just go to the gym and workout so it gives me a reason to work out... if i got it at the crib chances are i wont use it after some time... another reason why i dont plan on buying a membership at the gym cuz i know at one point im a stop going lol... but i got the gym free at my job so i go during my lunch break

this is why i dont want to buy weights or cardio machines... i rather just go to the gym and workout so it gives me a reason to work out... if i got it at the crib chances are i wont use it after some time... another reason why i dont plan on buying a membership at the gym cuz i know at one point im a stop going lol... but i got the gym free at my job so i go during my lunch break

Start with cutting out the sodas too......

Back
Top Bottom