People really out here dying to see Travis Scott/Astroworld?

Apparently there's a 9 year old in critical condition. Why are parents allowing these young kids at a concert

More cathartic to blame the artist than those whose jobs it was (literally) to plan for and prevent this type of tragedy from occurring

NOT suggesting Travis bares no responsibility for the sort of dynamic he creates at his shows
Travis put his name on the festival, gotta own up to the good times and the bad

thats life mane

It’s very commons for kids that’s single digit age to go to a major concert
I’ve seen it plenty of time
I don’t understand how folks find it hard to believe a 9 year old boy asking his dad to take him to see the exact same guy that performed on his Fortnite in concert :lol::lol:

Concert vs. packed standing only festival.

Never gone to concerts or festivals but don't know how a few hundred people see others on the floor and proceed to step on them with no remorse.
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often at metal concerts, given the frequent moshpits, walls of death, ...
Any time I've seen people get knocked over at metal festivals/concerts I've been to, they were immediately helped back up

Apparently there's a 9 year old in critical condition. Why are parents allowing these young kids at a concert

I went to a concert at 10, but it was a seated one.

I wouldn't have a child at a standing event with tens of thousands of people. That's a recipe for disaster. I think a lot of times these parents want to go more than the kid.

I went to a concert at 10, but it was a seated one.

I wouldn't have a child at a standing event with tens of thousands of people. That's a recipe for disaster. I think a lot of times these parents want to go more than the kid.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is one of the reasons or what blastercombo blastercombo said as well. Working in Child Protective Services, this kind of situation is disheartening.

Never gone to concerts or festivals but don't know how a few hundred people see others on the floor and proceed to step on them with no remorse.
Because you don’t see them. In a situation like that you cant even see your feet. A coworker daughter went last year. She said at some point the crowd started rocking(literally) and it took her feet wasnt even touching the ground. Ll

Everything about that stage, poster & single cover & then this happening.... people gotta stop playing with that energy

Wasn't one of the singles titled Escape Plan?

200.gif

I think a lot of the kids or parents haven’t really been to much shows, let alone a Travis show, so they didn’t know what to expect. Brining a 9 year old is wild.

at sxsw I was at a small outdoor venue but it was packed. They threw out dozens of giant beach volleyballs and people started tripping. I was getting moved without my permission and not much i could really do. Gets really awkward. I had to bounce. Can’t even imagine being packed with 50k people.

Reactions: wr
Everything about that stage, poster & single cover & then this happening.... people gotta stop playing with that energy

People gotta stop digging with these theories. Is it weird? Sure. But at the end of the day, this was going to happen eventually at a festival. Was there symbolism ? Sure. But the only sacrifice these people were victim to was that of capitalism, not anything demonic.

I've read that those dudes have some sort of unwritten rule or code that when someone goes down you let them up. Moshing gotta be one of the most idiotic activities though.
From what I've seen yeah, I'm always surprised how quickly they're helped up in spite of all the copious amounts of alcohol and lord knows what else being consumed. I stay out of the pits, not really my kind of thing.

Facts even under the influence of drugs a normal person seeing someone lifeless would react better
I don’t understand how a good number of people just moved on

Exactly, yes Travis deserves blame for cultivating that type of environment and setting the unruly precedence at previous shows but unless he was told directly "Stop the show people need help", and he was like "No, it's lit". Could he see what was going on up there?

Maybe? 50k people, in the dark, full of camera phone lights and and other lights bouncing back at you who knows if he could really tell everything that was going on. Only person that can answer that for sure is Travis.

Live Nation deserves a lion share for their terrible preparation and the other fans in attendance also deserves a part of the blame.

Travis tell them to jump on the emergency vehicles trying to get through to help people too? Blood is on those people's hands just as much as everyone else.

Protect the public first not these goofy *** celebs.
I do work with LN and they hired extra security for lil bby and durk during they tour here in the west coast to prevent **** like this.. RIP to the victims

Back
Top Bottom