PILIPINOS! Know your history.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Black guy here who has been to the Philippines. Crooked %!+ government, but the people are beautiful and nice. If I'm not mistaken y'all have a Polynesian/Micronesian, Asian, Spanish, and even some American genetic backgrounds.

QFT x 100
my grandmother is filipino and portugese and from manila.... 

the people are racist out there too. you must have missed it somehow.

the place is hella nice. Ill never go back.
Nah my fellow NT'er. Actually y'all treated me very well during my visit. Y'all are a beautiful and kind people. Racism is everywhere, but it's mostly based off of stereotypes...so when you present yourself as a person/human, and not reinforce the negative stereotypes then people usually treat you with respect. Not only that, I was buying up bread and fruit and giving it to the homeless kids and families that I saw in the streets. It was an honor for me to do that. Now had I been acting ignorant, not respecting people in their own homeland, and being loud and obnoxious then I would have reinforced what they think they know about blacks...and then racism would have been perpetuated.

Long story short, I have a special place in my heart for Filipino people, y'all took care of me while I was there, and opened my eyes up to a lot of what is really going on in this world.
u got it twisted.
im half black bro.

and that half went a long @$+ way out there. 

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Black guy here who has been to the Philippines. Crooked %!+ government, but the people are beautiful and nice. If I'm not mistaken y'all have a Polynesian/Micronesian, Asian, Spanish, and even some American genetic backgrounds.

QFT x 100
my grandmother is filipino and portugese and from manila.... 

the people are racist out there too. you must have missed it somehow.

the place is hella nice. Ill never go back.
Nah my fellow NT'er. Actually y'all treated me very well during my visit. Y'all are a beautiful and kind people. Racism is everywhere, but it's mostly based off of stereotypes...so when you present yourself as a person/human, and not reinforce the negative stereotypes then people usually treat you with respect. Not only that, I was buying up bread and fruit and giving it to the homeless kids and families that I saw in the streets. It was an honor for me to do that. Now had I been acting ignorant, not respecting people in their own homeland, and being loud and obnoxious then I would have reinforced what they think they know about blacks...and then racism would have been perpetuated.

Long story short, I have a special place in my heart for Filipino people, y'all took care of me while I was there, and opened my eyes up to a lot of what is really going on in this world.
u got it twisted.
im half black bro.

Im Filipino.
Ive been to many rallies and events which wants us Filipinos so "know your roots".

Besides the nerds and whatnot, honestly no one I know really cares. The events is just another excuse to throw a party after and to check out the girls. 
laugh.gif

Im Filipino.
Ive been to many rallies and events which wants us Filipinos so "know your roots".

Besides the nerds and whatnot, honestly no one I know really cares. The events is just another excuse to throw a party after and to check out the girls. 
laugh.gif

Filipino food
pimp.gif

Filipina women
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love you guys because, you're like... The black Asians
laugh.gif

I have a lot of Filipino friends, and the culture is definitely appreciated.

Filipino food
pimp.gif

Filipina women
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Filipino food
pimp.gif

Filipina women
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

u got it twisted.
im half black bro.
Don't know which side of the country you visited, but it's not usually the case around here when it comes to foreigners.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Filipino food
pimp.gif

Filipina women
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

u got it twisted.
im half black bro.
Don't know which side of the country you visited, but it's not usually the case around here when it comes to foreigners.
nerd.gif

Born in the states, but lived in the Philippines for half my life, and from my understanding

Pilipino = the people in Tagalog.
Filipino= the language in Tagalog.
Filipino= the people or language in English
Confused yet?
laugh.gif

and Filipinos are ASIANS. Deal with it 
glasses.gif

Born in the states, but lived in the Philippines for half my life, and from my understanding

Pilipino = the people in Tagalog.
Filipino= the language in Tagalog.
Filipino= the people or language in English
Confused yet?
laugh.gif

and Filipinos are ASIANS. Deal with it 
glasses.gif

Im here in the Philippines right now, coming from Los Angeles.
It really puts things in perspective when you see the living conditions some Filipinos live in, it bums me out sometimes.

But the strange thing is, most people here couldnt be happier.

They seem to just live life, and the priority here is family.

It makes me think most people in America are out for the money, and thats it.

And everyone just seems so polite, no one is in a rush, things are more laid-back.

This is true for the big city AND the country-side, I landed in Manila and now Im in Tagaytay and the Filipino persona hasnt changed one bit.

In my week and a half of being here, I cant say Ive experienced every facet of Filipino life, but I can pretty much say I love it here.

Not somewhere Id consider retiring to or anything (like my parents), but I definitely wanna come back.

On a sidenote, I started a Tumblr to show my family back in America the photos Ive taken so check it out if youre Filipino or into photography.

"Nifty-Fifty" in the Philippines"

It really puts things in perspective when you see the living conditions some Filipinos live in, it bums me out sometimes.

And everyone just seems so polite, no one is in a rush, things are more laid-back.

This is true for the big city AND the country-side, I landed in Manila and now Im in Tagaytay and the Filipino persona hasnt changed one bit.

In my week and a half of being here, I cant say Ive experienced every facet of Filipino life, but I can pretty much say I love it here.

Not somewhere Id consider retiring to or anything (like my parents), but I definitely wanna come back.

On a sidenote, I started a Tumblr to show my family back in America the photos Ive taken so check it out if youre Filipino or into photography.

Originally Posted by onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX

Family > all here, definitely. Nice photos. Must be a bit chilly up there/down south in Tagaytay now. It's raining a bit again back here in Manila.

Back
Top Bottom