Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

So now that prestiging is no more, you can just add the Pokemon into gyms?

From what I read it looks like gyms will have 6 slots instead of 10 now and the 6 will open up automatically as a gym is taken over. Also, rather than gym placement being based on CP it looks like Pokémon will be positioned in the gym based on when they were added, with those added first receiving top priority. So whichever Pokémon was most recently added is who opponents will battle first when attacking a gym.

Last edited:
From what I read it looks like gyms will have 6 slots instead of 10 now and the 6 will open up automatically as a gym is taken over. Also, rather than gym placement being based on CP it looks like Pokémon will be positioned in the gym based on when they were added, with those added first receiving top priority. So whichever Pokémon was most recently added is who opponents will battle first when attacking a gym.
But with the old gym system how the first 3 people could just add their Pokemon in and collect coins and the rest had to prestige, would this new system mean 6 people just add their Pokemon in and get coins?

Wait

Aren't your Pokémon suppose to be returned during the rework?

I have 2 assigned and they're still 'assigned to a gym'

I'm just tryna power them up lol

so someone's going to be able to take my mons on a raid. f that 

Dosent work that way

But with the old gym system how the first 3 people could just add their Pokemon in and collect coins and the rest had to prestige, would this new system mean 6 people just add their Pokemon in and get coins?

Yes.

Once a gym is taken over all 6 spots will be open immediately

Prestige is gone

Wait

Aren't your Pokémon suppose to be returned during the rework?

I have 2 assigned and they're still 'assigned to a gym'

I'm just tryna power them up lol

Yeah theyre suppose to come back..might just be taking a while

anybody else having trouble loggin in.???

gym disabled already but was able to collect coins from my 4 defenders this morning. as of this afternoon its still showing i have 4 defenders. hopefully theyre not overhauling the gyms right now. heard you get your mons back and have to full revive it.

I had 4 in the gyms today. Down to 2.

If i can make it to tomorrow, maybe i can collect 20 :nerd:

gym disabled already but was able to collect coins from my 4 defenders this morning. as of this afternoon its still showing i have 4 defenders. hopefully theyre not overhauling the gyms right now. heard you get your mons back and have to full revive it.

I've been having trouble logging on for most of the evening. It keeps on giving me the "Failed to log in" message.

But not before I did this...

29nbkmq.png

I haven't been able to log in since yesterday before leaving work... I DID have a mon in a gym, but my gym timer didn't run out before I lost service, so I haven't gotten any additional coins out of it 
frown.gif

Why would you update during the event? No sense at all. Lost playing time for us...tbey better extend the event
It's BS for sure. I mean, I've caught quite a few of pretty much all of the common event mons, but it would've been nice to stock up on more candy for some of the ones that are never around.

Last edited:
I've been able to log in and have still been catching fire and ice Pokemon no problems. All the gyms say "under construction" though

Dont know if you guys have seen this...but a little more gym info

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/222049347

Coins will be accumulated based on how long your mon is in the gym..and you only get your coins when it comes back to you, no more collecting

Battles will now be done in rounds.
Once you defeat a pokemon you can choose to fight the next one or quit.
This might help some of the lagging isues

Last edited:
well i was able to install the previous version and was able to log in and go out and get more mons/candies/xp...blah blah blah....

and was not able to collect coins from the 4 mons i had in gyms. oh well. they came back full strength tho.

Dont know if you guys have seen this...but a little more gym info

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/222049347

Coins will be accumulated based on how long your mon is in the gym..and you only get your coins when it comes back to you, no more collecting

Battles will now be done in rounds.
Once you defeat a pokemon you can choose to fight the next one or quit.
This might help some of the lagging isues
About damn time... having to redeem your coins every 21 hours was annoying 
mean.gif

Sounds like they definitely put some thought into fixing some of the issues that plagued gym battles. I hope they finally addressed the Dodge Bug that happens anytime a charge attack WOULD'VE KO'ed your pokemon but you dodge it... basically the game incorrectly shows that your mon fainted, then it comes back, then it "faints" and keeps switching back and forth for a while. I usually give up and switch to a different mon rather than letting it flip back and forth for a while, wasting time on the countdown timer.

Last edited:
well i was able to install the previous version and was able to log in and go out and get more mons/candies/xp...blah blah blah....

and was not able to collect coins from the 4 mons i had in gyms. oh well. they came back full strength tho.

Right on in saying that installing the previous version of Pokemon Go would let me log in. I'm in now.

Maaaaaan. I'm about to go to bed, opened the app real quick, and for the first time EVER, a Lapras shadow pops up in the radar. Less than a mile away from my apartment is a sprint store. I put on my shorts, get in the car, get there, and right as I turn the corner, he fled :stoneface: :stoneface: I'll probably never see one again in the wild. Now my girl looking at me like I'm stupid for going to catch a pokémon at midnight :smh: this game

Maaaaaan. I'm about to go to bed, opened the app real quick, and for the first time EVER, a Lapras shadow pops up in the radar. Less than a mile away from my apartment is a sprint store. I put on my shorts, get in the car, get there, and right as I turn the corner, he fled :stoneface: :stoneface: I'll probably never see one again in the wild. Now my girl looking at me like I'm stupid for going to catch a pokémon at midnight :smh: this game

I caught one like 15 minutes ago that I seriously debated on not wasting a normal pokeball on :lol:
View media item 2471381

It might not actually have fled. Could have just been going too fast in the car

Back
Top Bottom