Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Post some interesting things you learned from your job that some of us might not know about 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Sometimes, when a sales associate at a shoe store tells you they don't have an 11.5...they do. And oddly enough, the likeliness of this happening increases the more annoying/rude the customer becomes.

-more than half of people don't floss, its a necessity unless you want gum disease, AND YOU DONT WANT GUM DISEASE
-people who opt not to go to the dentist arent doing themselves any favors
-crest white advance white strips are as good as the dentist whitening
-insurance companies are a pain to work with

dont ever put your mouth directly on soda cans, or anything can..........those boxes of cans are shipped around, stepped on, spit upon, dirt/rat/mice crawl all over the top while stored in warehouses

use a straw

No matter what they believe, music writers, producers and artist will never own their publishing.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

dont ever put your mouth directly on soda cans, or anything can..........those boxes of cans are shipped around, stepped on, spit upon, dirt/rat/mice crawl all over the top while stored in warehouses

use a straw
If the can is loose, then sure, it prolly gets stepped on and dirtied. As for mice and spit: possible, but cmon.

I currently work in the beverages industry and think that until it gets to the store and is left in the hands of store employees, that the product stays fairly clean, certainly away from spit and mice.

But some retailers let their cooler slides get dirty and even develop mold, so that's where I see the biggest risk of getting something sick off the opening is.

If you're paranoid, wash the tops, but otherwise, let your immune system take care of biz.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

use a straw

Meanwhile:

400_F_1183284_lHnoKdmJ6TdISluwaklQaFuZjNXqr1.jpg

Looks like the soda can got you in a check mate.

Sometimes when you think "that" company never sent out whatever it is they were suppose to they actually did. Its the Post Office's fault.

My old job
laugh.gif

When you get a call from a telemarketer, they don't call you directly, the computer dials 10 numbers and the first to go through gets called. The people you are speaking to you didn't dial your number.

my old job at the hyatt

-dont EVER drink the water, no matter how cold and refreshing it looks. This is coming from a 5 star hotel. ive heard of stories of people putting their butt in the entire water jugs and the water is just tap water filled in big dirty containers that never get washed.

new job

-crack heads will sell small amounts of recyclables just to get change to buy drugs.

Organic food isn't always what it is cracked up to be. Organic "law," the rules and regulations pertaining to how things are qualified as organic, permits for non-organic, non-natural chemical alternatives in the absence of a natural/organic ingredient. So, when you eat something that is labeled as 100% organic, there is a chance that it isn't, and you are still eating chemicals, albeit at a likely non harmful level. If you were to choose between "conventional," "organic," or "all natural," all natural is typically your best bet. When it comes to produce and meat, stick with organic. When it comes to boxed items, breads, cereals, waffles, etc., don't always buy into the 100% organic hype. There are necessary loopholes to allow chemicals in. The FDA refers to these chemicals as GRAS (generally recognized as safe). So consumers are at times misled into believing that their food is 100% organic when it is not.

Former NBA player Tony Massenberg has a 711 Experian credit score and is looking for financing for a startup restaurant.

paint on the sidewalk/grass in your yard/the street=
blue=water under ground
yellow=gas underground
red=electric underground
orange=phone underground

Everything there is to know about the outdoors and jackets and clothing material. (north face)

My old job at a college athletic department
Student athletes get a ton of benefits. Athletic scholarships pretty much extend to some underhand stuff like vehicles, "book vouchers" which turn out to be bling vouchers, laptops, sneakers, free clothes, food and all kinds of other stuff. That's why I'm never in favor of college athletes being paid, they already got it pretty damn easy.

Sports Authority and most likely any retail place
We didn't keep an inventory for small stuff like candy, drinks, small toys, baseballs. So if it's stolen it really don't matter, I found myself eating candy and stuff all the time without paying for it.

I'll leave my current job out of it, the government be lurkin
laugh.gif

Despite her nearly $85 million net worth, Sandra Bullock drives a modest Audi A6 3.0T wagon.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

paint on the sidewalk/grass in your yard/the street=
blue=water under ground
yellow=gar underground
red=electric underground
orange=phone underground
+ green = sanitary sewer
wink.gif

You a locator?  Or work for a utility company?

Back
Top Bottom