Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

-If someone asks you to fill out a survey i.e. Honda, Sprint, etc. Do it because it actually effects the worker either positively or negatively. 
-Honda warranties batteries on vehicles that are less than 3 years from the delivery date (Date that you purchased the vehicle)
-Nitrogen in tires is crap.
-Jeff Conine drives a 2007 Honda Odyssey
-Take full advantage of your bumper to bumper warranty if you bought the car brand new.  I had a seat, steering wheel, and navigation replaced. 
pimp.gif

from my various past jobs and internships....

-don't print out those fake coupons online and try to use them at grocery stores. the cashiers are given a list of fraudulent coupons to look out for, and if anything looks suspicious they'll just reject it on sight.

-the food in the "organic" aisle is overpriced and honestly not that different from the normal food in most cases.

-medical insurance companies are OD greedy, they're basically the main cause for our health insurance problems.

-for engineers/architects... when you get to the workforce you wont really need to remember anything you learned in your first 2 years of college. or a lot that you learned in the last 2 years, for that matter. when you get hired, most companies will just assume you forgot everything and will put you up on what you actually need to know.

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

paint on the sidewalk/grass in your yard/the street=
blue=water under ground
yellow=gar underground
red=electric underground
orange=phone underground
+ green = sanitary sewer
wink.gif

You a locator?  Or work for a utility company?
work at Atlanta gas light

Food at places like Applebee's, Chili's, etc is extremely unhealthy and usually not fresh, but that's not really a secret.
The nicest servers at resteraunts probably hate you.
Starbucks pimped the coffee business

Originally Posted by sunny559

Caterers & servers at events are sneaky people...

This is true.

Michael Jordan will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars at major events and not tip ANYONE.

Forgot to add this, from my internship for the local Fox affiliate in DC

- reporters and cameramen pretty much get free access to all sporting events or any major event being covered by the news
- that access includes free buffet style food at the arenas, not to mention luxury suite access, backstage access etc. We ate with some of the Wizards players before one of the games
- Gary Williams (Maryland bball coach) is a pr*ck
- News stations keep footage of EVERTHING they ever recorded on video
- the meteorologists have the easiest job at a news station, they literally show up report the weather and roll the hell out
- Morning news sports segments are recorded the night before
- they record every local sports event on TV in its entirety, pick out three good plays from it and use that as the highlight package. So that means like 3 hours of footage just for 10-20 seconds worth of an actual highlight.

risk for seizures is the highest on days 3 to 7 when a chronic alcoholic stops drinking (even if they are on a benzodiazepine protocol)

-When salesmen say 'Act quick we only have 1-2-or 3 left'... they are completely lying 98% of the time.  Urgency is the name of the game

-salesmen are generally shady, i dont consider myself to be one of them
smile.gif

-if you order food at a restaurant and are rude with a confusing order... just expect it to be messed with

Medicare's Open Enrollment Period runs from November 15 to December 31 this year.
All of my Puerto Rican residents gonna be flooding my office for new birth certificates -_-
Hospice of the comforter > all the other ones in Orlando

a bunch of useless crap lol.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Organic food isn't always what it is cracked up to be. Organic "law," the rules and regulations pertaining to how things are qualified as organic, permits for non-organic, non-natural chemical alternatives in the absence of a natural/organic ingredient. So, when you eat something that is labeled as 100% organic, there is a chance that it isn't, and you are still eating chemicals, albeit at a likely non harmful level. If you were to choose between "conventional," "organic," or "all natural," all natural is typically your best bet. When it comes to produce and meat, stick with organic. When it comes to boxed items, breads, cereals, waffles, etc., don't always buy into the 100% organic hype. There are necessary loopholes to allow chemicals in. The FDA refers to these chemicals as GRAS (generally recognized as safe). So consumers are at times misled into believing that their food is 100% organic when it is not.

My assumption on organics has been more about maintaining a sustainable production method that keeps soil feritility and organism at decent levels. If the organic food is tastier or healthier, than thats merely an added benefit.. It's really a tough buy when you see something twice as much, but if you knew anything about soil health and how big corps. are doing stuff now, you would be worried beyond belief.

when hanging pipe you need to put hangers up every 8-10 ft

stainless steel comes in different varieties...316 being the best

everyday i work with nipples and come alongs...really
laugh.gif

diamonds and jewelry are priced exceedingly higher than what the company pays for them. some pieces sold for well over 1000% higher than what the company paid to put it together

Originally Posted by sunny559

Caterers & servers at events are sneaky people...
damn right they are.

damn caterers stole my MMA action figures off my custom made UFC wedding cake.  It literally took 3 months, over 30 phone calls and emails to finally get them back.

contrast ratios are completely unnecessary to pay attention to when purchasing a new tv...and if you do look at them, you cant compare between brands.

Great Talk.

Originally Posted by NittanyBaller21

Sometimes, when a sales associate at a shoe store tells you they don't have an 11.5...they do. And oddly enough, the likeliness of this happening increases the more annoying/rude the customer becomes.

This. I used to do this when I worked at Nike.

Anyway, on to my new job... I work at the airport and let me tell yall...

- Just because they stick a "Fragile" sticker on the box, doesn't mean we're gonna be careful.

- Just because it has a "Priority" tag attached, doesn't mean we're rushing so you can get your luggages first.

- Put a lock on your luggages, you best believe workers go through your $+## and if they like it, they're taking it.

- Do NOT stuff your luggages, nobody wants to stack 100lb bags, if your bag is heavy, BELIEVE that workers are spitting on it, putting boogers on it, dropping it and throwing it around.

if your not wearing socks and want to try on some shoes dont use the socks the store has they never get washed.

ask to try on all shoes your interested in at once if you make the sales person go back add forwards they will just say they sold out of your size.

*Old jobs
- When you buy expensive furnitures, there's a lot of chance it's not such good quality... I know I did a LOT of touch-up on some $300's chair for example...
- Furnitures that a customer sent back because of a defect might be send to another customer
smh.gif

* Actual job
- Internet Explorer 6 is a pain in %+$ to work with. Design almost never looks like you want it to be. And yet, it's probably the most used browser out there.
- When most people look at a website, they have no idea how complicated the back-end can be.

Originally Posted by donpoppa

if your not wearing socks and want to try on some shoes dont use the socks the store has they never get washed.
Yeah, a shoe store I used to go to would just tell people to put the socks back in the box.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom