Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

wow @ blackcards bein heavy.

im not bout that life
laugh.gif

no matter how sloppy an old white dude looks. he might be ballin

saw some hobo looking dude at my office. Boss asked me to get his records. Took a peak at his records and saw he cleared 7 figures.

I def aint about that life.

Working for an Airline at JFK Airport

- Free flights(have to pay taxes tho) for me and close family, parents, children, spouse
- An excellent opportunity to advance if u have the credentials, but you have to start at the bottom for at least 6-12 months
- Pay sucks but it makes up for the travel benifits
- Make sure you actually work for an airline, not a service company(delta, aa,united..ect) to get the free travel benifit. its amazing how many people who work near and around the paticular airline and get paid minimum wage(especially the internationa airlines..british air, emirates, el-al)

NOW THE BAD
- Reading is fundamental...paticularly in the airport. The flight information screens that tell you what gate your flight is the most accurate place to find out where to go.

- I have seen on many occations people lingering at the resturant and bars miss there flights simply because they thought there was time. Gate agents are ruthless. They probably been cursed out on multiple occations before you got there and they donot care to hold the plan for you. BE ON TIME!!!!

- I help out when i can but when your flight is delayed do not take your anger and frustration on any flight crew or captain. I can almost guarantee you will not be allowed to board tlight because the crew though you were hostile. If you act a fool on the plan, and if the crew feels that you should be removed you will. EVEN IF YOU ARE IN THE AIR. We are living in post 9/11 and airlines do not play that %%*.

- YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET ARRESTED AT AN AIRPORT!

- unfortunatly most of the Dominican reoublic and puerto rico flights is where most crimes i've seen happen whether someone stole a cell phone from a checkpoint or someone trying to sneak drugs to someone trying to board a plan with $100,000 cash straped to them. and also where i see most people getting deported to.

I have alot more info but i cannot disclose sensitve information.

Jayman2626 is speaking the truth especially the crimes on the DR & PR flights. I knew three dudes who got arrested for helping dudes smuggle drugs from DR, their scheme was so stupid too. Also when you dudes fly out try to do only carry-ons, the things I've seen dome to bags are wild.

Jayman2626 is speaking the truth especially the crimes on the DR & PR flights. I knew three dudes who got arrested for helping dudes smuggle drugs from DR, their scheme was so stupid too. Also when you dudes fly out try to do only carry-ons, the things I've seen dome to bags are wild.

most performing artists are very cordial and polite. e.g., Chuck D from Public Enemy and Slash from GnR are incredibly down to earth. usually, the bigger the artist, the nicer they are. but there's always exception to the rule, and when there is, it's very extreme.

there's a lot more vocal tuning for performing artists/singers on TV and records than you'd think. makes you really appreciate the real artists who don't use Auto-Tune as a crutch.

award show winners (Grammy's, Oscars, etc) win cuz of politics, not because it's truly good; but ya'll already knew that.

final contestants on prime time performance reality shows (ones with 3 judges and millions of ppl watching) are not always the most talented out of the country. however they are talented enough but considered the most entertaining, enough to get ratings. contestants usually perform MUCH better during rehearsals; what you see on live TV are a fraction of their full potential/capabilities.

there's plenty of swearing and cussing behind a lot of family-oriented G-rated show productions.

Snoop really do smoke the bubonic chronic that makes ya choke *%!! this ain't no joke.

Kelly Clarkson, J-Lo, and Alicia Keys all have massive #+#. disproportionally massive.

Britney Spears actually sings a lot better than what most ppl believe.

Quincy Jones does not know how to drive a car.

Stevie Wonder uses the iPhone.

i can take you cellphone bill and cut in in half every money (tmobile att verizon)
if you have a relative or anyone you know or jappen to find the code for chase bank that cell ohone companies use it is 20% off the top of your bill....they dont check

you'll laugh if you saw the price i can get blackberrys htc mytouch nokias for....and then the price i sell them

that $20 dollers a month you pay for unlimited text messaging cost your carrier $0....$20 straight profit

recently with the influx of all these no contract umlimited companies that piggy back of att and tmobile service some major carriers have gotten nervous....sprint has gone as far as adding minutes on the invoice on your bill to cause you to go over....so you could of talked to somone for 9 minutes....but in your bill they wrote 22....ive seen it done..caught them and profited from it

most the time when you come in with some problem with your cell phone... i will put on a shocked face poke around on it (usually looking through pictures) and then say your phone is broken and intise you to buy a new one...40% of the time i sell a phone.

ive done some amazing things with cell phone insurance...they are tighter on it then before...but damn i milk at&t

next time you get a activation fee for opening a new line...call customer service say that you went into a dealership and were promisd no activation and for some reasonit is on your bill...say your very unhappy and might decide to switch back to watever carrier....it will save you $40

i only hook pretty females up with discounts

dont ever buy chargers cases any sort of product like that from corporate stores...auhorized dealers and direct dealers are much cheaper and you can bargain

no contract is the way to go now....simple mobile offers you unlimited talk text and unlimited 3G web speed internet for $60 a month...plus it is on tmobiles network....GSM so you can use any phone.

just my 2 cents about the cell phone business....we are just a bunch of crookes

-Lupe is dickhead

-People in catering will mess with your food....for fun or even if they don't like your tone.

i used to work at wendys a few years ago and i found out that the meat that they use in the chili is old hamburger meat

Originally Posted by theblotted

most performing artists are very cordial and polite. e.g., Chuck D from Public Enemy and Slash from GnR are incredibly down to earth. usually, the bigger the artist, the nicer they are. but there's always exception to the rule, and when there is, it's very extreme.

there's a lot more vocal tuning for performing artists/singers on TV and records than you'd think. makes you really appreciate the real artists who don't use Auto-Tune as a crutch.

award show winners (Grammy's, Oscars, etc) win cuz of politics, not because it's truly good; but ya'll already knew that.

final contestants on prime time performance reality shows (ones with 3 judges and millions of ppl watching) are not always the most talented out of the country. however they are talented enough but considered the most entertaining, enough to get ratings. contestants usually perform MUCH better during rehearsals; what you see on live TV are a fraction of their full potential/capabilities.

there's plenty of swearing and cussing behind a lot of family-oriented G-rated show productions.

Snoop really do smoke the bubonic chronic that makes ya choke *%!! this ain't no joke.

Kelly Clarkson, J-Lo, and Alicia Keys all have massive #+#. disproportionally massive.

Britney Spears actually sings a lot better than what most ppl believe.

Quincy Jones does not know how to drive a car.

Stevie Wonder uses the iPhone.
lol what?

Dealership

- Even at dealerships there are technicians who have no idea what they're doing sometimes.

- When you request your brake fluid be replaced what some people do is simply drain the fluid out from the master cylinder and put some new in and send you on your way.

- The ZR1's acceleration is
eek.gif
eek.gif

- Some of the @!@* the techs work on may break when they try to put it on/off. They may glue it back on so you will prolly never realize or many years later.

- Ask for your old parts back if you're dealing with a smaller shop/jiffy lube/pep boys type of place. What this does is actually require them to use another part.

- Regular car maintenance can go a LONG way to keeping your car in decent working order. But you'd be surprised how many people neglect to change their oil at regular intervals. Some to the point where their engine got sludged up.

-Rental car companies sell midsize cars as fullsize
-When you leave the counter after renting a car, the workers WILL talk ****
-John Cena is the biggest a-hole in the WWE
-There are extra hidden keys in your rental vehicle
-If you mention that you're a smoker, you'll get a car with more miles
-The booster seats they give you for your kids are never properly washed

i saw someone post this thread on misc lol.

i work for a fast food company handling some of their content on an intranet.
the way they relay info to each other is wack and old school. on some embedding WMV steez. their powerpoint presentations are horrendous. i would think they would know what theyre doing but no. everyone is normal and most of them computer illiterate dumbos, but they make 3 or 4 times more than me. the only things that are nice and professional looking are the content the actual marketing firms come up with and content companies that handle the main/public sites (like ads, professional pictures, graphics). the ceo is a stutterer.

my coworkers actually program, im not there yet. my big boss, gets contracts and sells programs that are not even made yet. seems stressful.
and yes, demos are sometimes pictures and alot of stuff dont work.

Adobe, yes Stevie uses iPhone. at least last time i met him. he uses voice activation, and gets around slow but still manages to use it. he loves it. in fact he turns off the screen so he can save battery power 
laugh.gif

Mole, Quincy failed driving tests miserably, to the point where ppl administering the tests begged him not to drive. Q's defense reply was, "the traffic lights are not in rhythm"... go figure. him and Rodlynn Temperton (the other guy who wrote most of Thriller album) each have a personal driver. 

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

We will never cure "cancer"
frown.gif

On a brighter and more specific note; Sickle cell anemia is one of many diseases that will be cured by genetically engineered stem cells.
happy.gif

YESSSS!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

most of the stuff if its interesting tht you return, WILL be played with in the warehouse
laugh.gif

i loved it when people would return bball hoops and gadgets!

dont buy a christmas tree thats already flocked..its either been damaged or already dying

Back
Top Bottom