Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by dugtrio

my mom has one of those skulls blended in with a flower tat, she thought it was original too.
laugh.gif
it's clean though, don't trip man.

laugh.gif
well damn...

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Really loving it Fong

eff that dude yours = much cleaner and stands out.

Word up TDot. I back the dude's that did my stuff. It feels good to give money to good folks. But damn....I had no idea that there was a slew of peoplethat had Usugrow tats....but I guess that is a given.

3225064713_07a3973927.jpg

l_28f09fd4455d4b14a59ec8937e512628.jpg

I can't find the other one but there was actually that had a Flckr and dude had a whole Usugrow sleeve going! All mad ugly too.........

img_4996.jpg

This guy has the best one so far that I seen. That is what I should have done and had all thin lines. Looks better......

And for the most part, it is done. No more shading cause it will just start too look like a glob of ink on my arm. I think in this case.....less would havebeen more. I am cool with it though.....jsut hard not to judge since it is on my body for the rest of my life.

Yo Fong, that tat is sick. Where did you get it? I'm in SF and I've been trying to find a good shop so I can get some work done.

Originally Posted by homeboy d

Yo Fong, that tat is sick. Where did you get it? I'm in SF and I've been trying to find a good shop so I can get some work done.

Everlasting Tattoo on Divisadero and like Hayes or some street near there. Mine was done byLuke Francis but apparently the guy to see is Mike Davis but his waiting list is bananas. Rates are kind of odd and high. Every artist there charges $180 anhour (I think so don't quote me) but I kept pretty cool with all the guys there and my first outline session which was like an hour and a half long wasonly about $140. Over my tat was $390 for two sessions with $50 tip for about 3 hours and 20 min which doesn't amount to $180 an hour. So I think itdepends on the guy and how he feels. Luke would tat me up on Tuesdays and that was his Friday so I always gave him tip to get beer for that day......haha.

Also Skull and Swords is the other dope spot to check out. Grime and Henry Lewis are the manthere but again,expect to spend some money.

Funny thing is what I've wanted for a while was a Usugrow tatt but in script....we'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

anyone know a website with a list of different fonts.. contemplating on gettin psalm 27 scripture on my tricep

You should just talk to a tattoo artists to get a custom one done. You don't want to get something that is a specific font. If the tattoo artist is good, he/she can do a custom one that is creative to your own name.

dafont.com. very nice stuff

is that your first tat Fong?

it looks dope, but i was kind of feeling the same way after my tattoo. i was a bit regretful of getting it. luckily mine is on my tricep and not in full viewat all times. i feel like i kind of rushed into mine and didn't take time to find a good shop, good design, good placement, etc. but what's done isdone. i plan on making a half-sleeve around mine.

Originally Posted by Hugo

Originally Posted by ddot7

I think Dirty was saying that the symbol on your arm does not look like the correct Chinese symbol for the word "King". You sure it is?
oh i see. yea im sure. the artist was online making sure it was. and he was chinese i believe. and ive been wanting that tat since i was 13 so i made sure it was.
tongue.gif
(ima bout to be 19 btw)
are you sure?

国王 (simplefied)

is king

have a better pic of your tat?

Nice tat Fong...

I can get how you feeling though...It might look dope to everyone else but you know exactly what you wanted in your mind and you probably seeing it a lil off.Im gonna be same way when i get mine done
laugh.gif
Regardless though its nice looking work.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

is that your first tat Fong?

it looks dope, but i was kind of feeling the same way after my tattoo. i was a bit regretful of getting it. luckily mine is on my tricep and not in full view at all times. i feel like i kind of rushed into mine and didn't take time to find a good shop, good design, good placement, etc. but what's done is done. i plan on making a half-sleeve around mine.

Yeah first tat. Mine wasn't rushed at all......but like dude said above, I think I just had it in my head that it would look different. Now that Iunderstand tattoos a little more, I'll know what to get right on the next one. Right on everyone......not like I got the tattoo for the publics appeal butat least I know it isn't horrible. Appreciate the words.

Fongstar, im feelin the work you got, but like dude above said its all about you liking it. But to be honest man I think it looks good, really stands out, thereal deep black look is the way to go. Are you going for a half sleeve or full?

^^^^My perceptions has changed a little. I wanted just a fore arm sleeve, then I wanted what I have with another big Usugrow tat on my shoulder but then Ifound out that some dude (saw it online somewhere) has the exact same image on the exact same spot that I wanted, so that is scrapped. Right now if my money isright, I am going to get a custom tattoo done by an artists and have it full color. What sucks is I wanted to have all my tats on my arm but seeing that i havethis dark image on my forearm, I am not sure if a colored half sleeve with go right. Its up in the air right now but I would like to have one sleeve and callit quits.

And dude...I am good with the tat. I think a lot of people go through some sort of resent at first (from what I hear) and then it just grows on them andbecomes just another thing on their body. But I am straight with it.....

oh i see. yea im sure. the artist was online making sure it was. and he was chinese i believe. and ive been wanting that tat since i was 13 so i made sure it was.(ima bout to be 19 btw)

14lsv4k.jpg

Your tattoo doesn't mean king. I'm 1000% sure homie, sorry. I'm Chinese.

THIS is king

zi00071.gif
That word on your arm is lei2. Which means thunder. Here's proof:http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/wordsearch.php?searchMode=C&word=雷&search=Search In chinese, lei2 sounds a lot like reyes, except with an Lsound...so in a way it does mean Reyes, except its more a phonetical translation and it has nothing to do with the word king.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

oh i see. yea im sure. the artist was online making sure it was. and he was chinese i believe. and ive been wanting that tat since i was 13 so i made sure it was.(ima bout to be 19 btw)

14lsv4k.jpg

THIS is king

zi00071.gif

eek.gif
If that is true.

That is what happens when you don't do the correct research. I mean, you have to have a grip of Chinese friends who could have saved you. Instead, youtrusted Google. Like I said though...it rhymes with Reyes, but it doesn't truly sound like it. And it damn sure doesn't mean King.

^^^^My perceptions has changed a little. I wanted just a fore arm sleeve, then I wanted what I have with another big Usugrow tat on my shoulder but then I found out that some dude (saw it online somewhere) has the exact same image on the exact same spot that I wanted, so that is scrapped. Right now if my money is right, I am going to get a custom tattoo done by an artists and have it full color. What sucks is I wanted to have all my tats on my arm but seeing that i have this dark image on my forearm, I am not sure if a colored half sleeve with go right. Its up in the air right now but I would like to have one sleeve and call it quits.

And dude...I am good with the tat. I think a lot of people go through some sort of resent at first (from what I hear) and then it just grows on them and becomes just another thing on their body. But I am straight with it.....
i say if u really want that other shoulder tat, get it... i mean u had already thought of it before u found out someone else had it so its notlike ur copying him.
and ya ur post had a buyers remorse type tone but man i think its
eek.gif

So my first tat is finally finished:

like-a-tattoo-31.jpg

Outline

like-a-tattoo-part-2-2.jpg

Finished.......and I kind of don't like it. Eh....what's done is done but I wish I could have made a couple of minor adjustments. Don't get me wrong....it is clean but considering the artwork, there should have been some minor adjustments. No one......I mean no one can get what it is (from people that I have shown so far). I think I had it in my head that my tat would be something to put in mag but even though this is cool, it's not mag worthy. Next one I get will be full color and way bigger. Anyways....just wanted to share.

l_be155f0c15bb45069ecba40a5a4c7f9d.jpg

.......and just when I thought I was original. For some reason I hate that I have a tattoo that someone else has.

you should know there is nothing original under the sun, especially when it comes to tattoos. yours came out nice, although at first it is a little hard tofigure out.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

14lsv4k.jpg

THIS is king

zi00071.gif
That word on your arm is lei2. Which means thunder. Here's proof: http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/wordsearch.php?searchMode=C&word=雷&search=Search In chinese, lei2 sounds a lot like reyes, except with an L sound...so in a way it does mean Reyes, except its more a phonetical translation and it has nothing to do with the word king.

thats hella funny
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by ddot7

I think Dirty was saying that the symbol on your arm does not look like the correct Chinese symbol for the word "King". You sure it is?
oh i see. yea im sure. the artist was online making sure it was. and he was chinese i believe. and ive been wanting that tat since i was 13 so i made sure it was.
tongue.gif
(ima bout to be 19 btw)
are you sure?

国王 (simplefied)

is king

have a better pic of your tat?

eek.gif
i was getting worried for a second
laugh.gif
. i just remembered i put "chinese symbol forreyes". my bad i forgot. heres the site(its the first one)http://www.chinese-tools....2_reyes.html
*edit- well reyes means kings in english fam
laugh.gif
. stop theflaming
embarassed.gif

zy9d2s.jpg

im planing to get this tat on my arm from my elbow to my shoulder over the summer. how much you guys think it will cost me?
nxv0c4.jpg
btw. can someone please answer my question ^^^
laugh.gif
. its a coyfish tat. thats the biggest i can get the pic

Fongstarr...

How is yours original in the first place? You got it out of a book. And I know you didnt think you were the only one to ever see dudes artwork. You shouldntact so surprised.

im planing to get this tat on my arm from my elbow to my shoulder over the summer. how much you guys think it will cost me?
nxv0c4.jpg
btw. can someone please answer my question ^^^
laugh.gif
. its a coy fish tat. thats the biggest i can get the pic
word? a fish that is coy?

Back
Top Bottom